Does anybody else feel weird watching Slash play Sorry?

7 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

I don't feel weird, I just feel bad for slash and duff that they sell themselves out playing axl solo material no one wants to hear.  All while simultaneously selling izzy out over money.  

I want to hear it! Am I no one? Damn you, CD haters! :P

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

More credit to Slash for playing on a song that is thought to be directed at and critical of him. Like every other song, the lyrics doesn't necessarily have to be applicable today. Every song is a snapshot of how things were, and in Sorry's case, probably a mix of topics. The band doesn't refrain from playing other songs that they might not feel represent them anymore, either. So again, more props to Slash playing on it. It's good to not deny history, even if it is unpleasant. And by doing this, in my opinion, he is saying that bygones are bygones and let's just enjoy the music and the history. He might even find it amusing to play on a song with lyrics thought to be directed against himself. It is possible if you are not too stuck up on yourself. What comes across as deeply serious matters at the fan forums may not be as incredibly important to those actually involved.

Or maybe Slash is just very daft.

Good post.

5 hours ago, soon said:

Thats the source at the top of the list when I took a second to look up for you.  Its a widely reported incident and Slash admits to going. 

Have a nice day

Not every article in the internet has to be true. Slash admited he went to Axl's but the story is still different. 

I have a nice day, thanks.

Not at all.  No one knows what the song is about....or cares.  It's a song....nothing more, nothing less.   And even if it's about (Slash) or anyone else, I think they are all big boys and could give a rats ass.   

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:42 PM, Loot Man said:

I don´t think Slash even likes that song, but he has to play it.

Are there a lot of people who believe this tripe?

I have shit to sell you if you do, like Slash's breath in a pickle jar, I'll even provide a certificate of authenticity. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

I don't feel weird, I just feel bad for slash and duff that they sell themselves out playing axl solo material no one wants to hear.  All while simultaneously selling izzy out over money.  

I want to hear it, and so does half this thread, so there goes your "no one" theory.

Does the band get uncomfortable playing Mr. Brownstone?  cause they  had previously danced with him... Axl even said so on stage!  I bet Slash was playing that song with Miles and with Snakepit because Axl had him under contract!

Edited by DeadSlash

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, username said:

It kind of made me feel awkward. It's such a spiteful song that's very much inspired by Axl and Slash's conflict. The "Shut up and sing" line is a direct reference to what a bandmember (I think Slash?) said to Axl. And it just kind of feel weird to me watching Axl sing that song and particularly that line while standing next to Slash. I like the current version of the song better than the album version, but still that was kind of weird. Did anybody else notice that? 

Ax's band, Axl's call

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 3:30 AM, Free Bird said:

Lol really? That's your source? An articel from blabbermouth written conspicuously partial like it's composed by MSL? I have another source that claims otherwise. 

Marc is clearly making assumptions and he says so. So no facts either. 

I don't think it's that hard to keep staying to the facts and to don't act like something I wanna to be true is true at all.

In this particular case nobody knows what happend except for Slash, Axl, Perla, and Beta. It's possible that even Axl doesn't know what happened if Beta didn't tell him the truth just "to protect" him. 

Good point. But to be fair, it's just as tough, if not tougher, to take Slash POV seriously. If I get two sides to a story, and one of them was from somebody intoxicated, who am I more likely to believe. If Marc himself can admit that lash isn't the most standup guy I can take that for how he really is and that's fine...

Edited by Billsfan

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Good point. But to be fair, it's just as tough, if not tougher, to take Slash POV seriously. If I get two sides to a story, and one of them was from somebody intoxicated, who am I more likely to believe. If Marc himself can admit that lash isn't the most standup guy I can take that for how he really is and that's fine...

You're entitled to your opinion of course. I just don't like it when people call something a fact when it's just an assumption, an opinion or whatever. 

48 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

You're entitled to your opinion of course. I just don't like it when people call something a fact when it's just an assumption, an opinion or whatever. 

Well an opinion based off of concrete evidence is how you develop a fact. If that troubles you or anyone then I feel bad for ya but realistically, some just don't like the truth

Edited by Billsfan

On 7/15/2017 at 2:50 AM, SoulMonster said:

More credit to Slash for playing on a song that is thought to be directed at and critical of him. Like every other song, the lyrics doesn't necessarily have to be applicable today. Every song is a snapshot of how things were, and in Sorry's case, probably a mix of topics. The band doesn't refrain from playing other songs that they might not feel represent them anymore, either. So again, more props to Slash playing on it. It's good to not deny history, even if it is unpleasant. And by doing this, in my opinion, he is saying that bygones are bygones and let's just enjoy the music and the history. He might even find it amusing to play on a song with lyrics thought to be directed against himself. It is possible if you are not too stuck up on yourself. What comes across as deeply serious matters at the fan forums may not be as incredibly important to those actually involved.

Or maybe Slash is just very daft.

I like your point about message board fans being "deeply serious."

maybe it is just a fun tune for him to play and he enjoys playing around with the solo and tweaking it.  Can't it just be simple and not a huge conspiracy?

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Well an opinion based off of concrete evidence is how you develop a fact. If that troubles you or anyone then I feel bad for ya but realistically, some just don't like the truth

A fact is a fact. There is no space, no room for other possibilities. If you don't see these possibilities in this case you may be biased but they are there no matter how hard you want to believe they're not. 

Either that or you don't know the meaning of "fact".

11 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

A fact is a fact. There is no space, no room for other possibilities. If you don't see these possibilities in this case you may be biased but they are there no matter how hard you want to believe they're not. 

Either that or you don't know the meaning of "fact".

I know what a fact is, that's why I explained it to you. I'm just confused as to what the hell you're even trying to argue about :lol:

13 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I know what a fact is, that's why I explained it to you. I'm just confused as to what the hell you're even trying to argue about :lol:

You explained it with the right terms but in this case there is no concrete evidence so your explanation is useless.

Please show me a concrete evidence that Slash told Beta that Axl had "won".

Edited by Free Bird

On 7/14/2017 at 2:26 PM, username said:

It kind of made me feel awkward. It's such a spiteful song that's very much inspired by Axl and Slash's conflict. The "Shut up and sing" line is a direct reference to what a bandmember (I think Slash?) said to Axl. And it just kind of feel weird to me watching Axl sing that song and particularly that line while standing next to Slash. I like the current version of the song better than the album version, but still that was kind of weird. Did anybody else notice that? 

i feel weird by watching "Guns n Roses" with no Izzy in sight and with those 4 aliens onstage. That is really weird!

• Like 1