Does anybody else feel weird watching Slash play Sorry?

I feel weird seeing him play any songs from CD. It shouldn't be done. At least not unless Slash was allowed to play some of his own shit.  They play Black Hole Sun ( a tribute, I know) every night. I don't think it would hurt the red head to play "Slither" once in a while. Play it as a tribute to Scott Weiland if you want to use an excuse.

"Sorry" has some potential in there somewhere, but the lyrics suck. If "get in the Ring" was written by a "10 yr old", then "Sorry" was written by a "14 yr old".  Not good.

So many great songs they should be playing. But then again, do I want to hear other great songs ruined by Axl's Mickey voice?

Edited by SWINGTRADER
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

You explained it with the right terms but in this case there is no concrete evidence so your explanation is useless.

Please show me a concrete evidence that Slash told Beta that Axl had "won".

Well, if you actually read what I posted, I never said I had concrete evidence that Slash told Beta Axl had "Won". Didn't even realize you were so triggered over that. Amazing too that you got that out of what I said:lol:

Read what I actually typed please,  I said if I get two different sides to a story, one coming from someone intoxicated, I might not take that person as seriously. I might be more willing to buy into the sober person. I think Slash could have said that but hey, we say all kinds f things, especially stuff we don't mean, when we're not in the proper state of mind. I think it's completely conceivable to believe that Slash was intoxicated and probably said stuff that he didn't mean. You think he's immune to that because he's not human and some mythical god or...?

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Well, if you actually read what I posted, I never said I had concrete evidence that Slash told Beta Axl had "Won". Didn't even realize you were so triggered over that. Amazing too that you got that out of what I said:lol:

Read what I actually typed please,  I said if I get two different sides to a story, one coming from someone intoxicated, I might not take that person as seriously. I might be more willing to buy into the sober person. I think Slash could have said that but hey, we say all kinds f things, especially stuff we don't mean, when we're not in the proper state of mind. I think it's completely conceivable to believe that Slash was intoxicated and probably said stuff that he didn't mean. You think he's immune to that because he's not human and some mythical god or...?

If you had read what I have written you would have realize that I didn't even take sides.

But you step into a conversation without knowing what it is about and then you be confused because you change the topic? Great! 

I was and I'm referring to a guy who posted something like Slash went to Axl and admited Axl was the victor in their years old feud. The poster stated that as a fact. It's a fact that Slash was there but we don't know what happened there. He might have said it but he might not. It's  a he said she said thing. And just because you tend to believe the sober guy, it still doesn't make it a fact.

Edited by Free Bird

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

If you had read what I have written you would have realize that I didn't even take sides.

But you step into a conversation without knowing what it is about and then you be confused because you change the topic? Great! 

I was and I'm referring to a guy who posted something like Slash went to Axl and admited Axl was the victor in their years old feud. The poster stated that as a fact. It's a fact that Slash was there but we don't know what happened there. He might have said it but he might not. It's  a he said she said thing. And just because you tend to believe the sober guy, it still doesn't make it a fact.

Axl and Slash both used to say that they haven't talked to each other since at least 1996. I think that nothing happened in autumn 2005. Slash went to Axls house but he couldn't get in. 

Edited by Sosso

2 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I don't think it would hurt the red head to play "Slither" once in a while. Play it as a tribute to Scott Weiland if you want to use an excuse.

Why would Axl pay tribute to a bloke who publicly trashed him? I honestly don't know why anyone ever thinks he'd do that, it totally baffles me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Why would Axl pay tribute to a bloke who publicly trashed him? I honestly don't know why anyone ever thinks he'd do that, it totally baffles me.

Probably the same reason he plays Black Hole Sun. Chris Cornell was not a fan of Axl and he let his opinion be known on the matter.  "Slither" is Slash, the lead guitarist of GNR. Chris Cornell had nothing to do with GNR.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

Just now, SWINGTRADER said:

Probably the same reason he plays Black Hole Sun. Chris Cornell was not a fan of Axl and he let his opinion be known on the matter.

Not even close to what Scott did. Weiland personally attacked him in a very childish manner and made himself look a complete prick in doing so.

3 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Not even close to what Scott did. Weiland personally attacked him in a very childish manner and made himself look a complete prick in doing so.

You still don't get it. Slither is a Slash song, Weiland was just the singer.

1 minute ago, SWINGTRADER said:

You still don't get it. Slither is a Slash song, Weiland was just the singer.

Not sure exactly what I'm not getting. My point is why do people think Axl would ever want to play anything associated with Weiland? You can't see why he might not be into it?

4 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I feel weird seeing him play any songs from CD. It shouldn't be done. At least not unless Slash was allowed to play some of his own shit.  They play Black Hole Sun ( a tribute, I know) every night. I don't think it would hurt the red head to play "Slither" once in a while. Play it as a tribute to Scott Weiland if you want to use an excuse.

"Sorry" has some potential in there somewhere, but the lyrics suck. If "get in the Ring" was written by a "10 yr old", then "Sorry" was written by a "14 yr old".  Not good.

So many great songs they should be playing. But then again, do I want to hear other great songs ruined by Axl's Mickey voice?

Maybe because sorry is a GNR song and slither isn't?

P.S: I know a lot of people doesn't consider Sorry or CD to be a GNR work, but personal opinions doesn't matter when it comes to facts, and the facts says that sorry is a GNR song, and that's it, GNR playing a GNR song. So an agreement like that doesn't make sense, it's like slash is saying "Ok axl, i'll let you play a GNR song if you let me play something from my solo work"

Edited by rendestroi95
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2017 at 2:24 PM, soon said:

To me, in the context, it doesnt change the jist of what I am saying.  Slash gave in, Axl won their battle of wills.

I'd say Slash won. he went on to have a very successful solo career along with Velvet Revolver, never had to put up with any of Axl's shit and then decided "well I think I'd like to make mega bucks now" and rejoined with Axl after Axl absolutely failed in his quest to take GnR foward, Instead he made a mockery of the GnR brand, gained a reputation for being the guy who ruined Guns n Roses and became the butt end of countless jokes. Axl could never do what he's doing now without Slash. Slash is THE reason this tour is as massive as it is. Take Slash out and Axl can't even sell out arenas in the States let alone Stadiums. Slash won. Axl needs Slash. Slash doesn't need Axl. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rendestroi95 said:

Maybe because sorry is a GNR song and slither isn't?

P.S: I know a lot of people doesn't consider Sorry or CD to be a GNR work, but personal opinions doesn't matter when it comes to facts, and the facts says that sorry is a GNR song, and that's it, GNR playing a GNR song. So an agreement like that doesn't make sense, it's like slash is saying "Ok axl, i'll let you play a GNR song if you let me play something from my solo work"

Oh. Kinda like how it makes so much sense to play the Seeker every fucking night but it makes no sense to play a  song Slash and Duff wrote together with another former GnR drummer? You geeks and your attachment to the GnR name as the be all end all of what makes GnR, GnR. CD isn't Guns N ' Roses. It's Axl and some other people. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sosso said:

Axl and Slash both used to say that they haven't talked to each other since at least 1996. I think that nothing happened in autumn 2005. Slash went to Axls house but he couldn't get in. 

That's right. They never spoke since then. Axl claimed Slash talked to Beta. Slash says he didn't met anyone but leaved a message to Axl.

Axl in the chats:

With Sorry.. like a lot of the material is drawn from a lot of different situations. The main focus on the boards w/the track seems to be either Slash or "the fans" (and the collective of "the fans" is another thing that doesn't work for me) and is much too restrictive or narrow and limits what I feel I intended.

For me it's for anyone talking nonsense at mine and the public's expense and that many of those as well as the public don't know who to believe.

In other words, he didn't exactly deny it was about Slash, but merely felt it was too restrictive or narrow an interpretation of the song.

On 14/07/2017 at 7:41 PM, soon said:

I love Slash, and Axl sure hasn't done himself a lot of favours over the years.  But at the end of the day I kinda love that Axl - as Slash himself apparently said - is the victor.

On 14/07/2017 at 10:24 PM, soon said:

Opps, he is alleged to have said that in there 20 year battle axl has proven himself to be "the stronger" and that axl had "won".  This was the infamous 2005 house call Slash made to Axls place, which Im sure you know about, but it wasnt clear that I was referencing since I mis spoke. 

I said "the victor" I should have said "won." 

To me, in the context, it doesnt change the jist of what I am saying.  Slash gave in, Axl won their battle of wills.

I wouldn't say either of them 'won' anything tbh, mate, in fact I'd say they both lost. Axl spent years labouring over 1, admittedly very good album and Slash knocked out a bunch of average/half decent ones, if they'd stayed together we may have had 2 or 3 top notch Guns records but it obviously wasn't meant to be, such is life. The 'battle of wills' you mention is nonsense, just 2 stubborn wankers who finally saw sense. They probably both realise the wasted opportunity but we'll not feel too upset for them as I'm sure they've both had way more fun than we'll ever have. :lol:

The bottom line is, Axl gonna work with Angus fronting AC/DC next year, worldwide tour, stadium shows... Slash has nobody to call expect for Myles Kennedy.

Fans around the world are happy to see him again in GN'R, but without big money involved, Sash won't allow himself to be cucked by TB. He's in for nostalgic reasons, hence the hat and the superglue.

Edited by Silent Jay

7 hours ago, Bono said:

Slash is THE reason this tour is as massive as it is. Take Slash out and Axl can't even sell out arenas in the States let alone Stadiums. Slash won. Axl needs Slash. Slash doesn't need Axl. 

Absolute bollocks. Slash can sell out arenas on his own then, can he? Maybe certain dates/countries but I think you'll find he tends to play mainly club gigs/theatres when flying solo. The pair of them together is the reason the tour is so big, they need each other.

7 hours ago, Bono said:

You geeks

:lol: Have a like.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Yeah Slash doesn't need Axl, I'm pretty sure SMKC could have played the London Stadium on their own. Both need each other. Do you really think Slash got up one day and decided to do the reunion? He wanted it for years but had to wait until Axl decided to do it. He was playing arenas and theatres just like NUGNR, he may have had a better solo career than Axl but at the end of the day they need each other to be the most successful they can be. Slash may be one of the most iconic guitarists of all time but during his most iconic moments he had Axl by his side. Axl and Slash together again are the reason this tour is so massive.

Absolutely spot on.

• Like 1