Would Slash and Duff speak up...

45 minutes ago, Asia said:

I don't think they are anywhere close to being fed up with Axl. Axl's work ethic on this tour is totally outstanding and as for the new album it is not 1993 anymore, they don't have to do it or to do it now. It's not a matter of life and death to them anymore as it used to be.

how exactly do you know what Axl's work ethic is like on this tour or any for that matter?

• Like 1

if ANYONE was to ever stand up to axl that'd be the fucking day.  he's too fragile a child to handle someone not saying yes.  hence the lost years and lost potential of our favorite band to yes employees, yes musicians, yes lawyers and yes CD fans.

slash and duff will remain silent and obedient and they will play axl solo songs to keep axl from feeling like he blew the whole thing.

i would love to see them call axl to action and steer him away from a fake ac/dc record and tour.  but axl will do whatever he wants because like always, no one will be there to say no, because I promise, wherever axl is in the world right now he's surrounded by paid employees who are saying: YES.  

Edited by Sunset Gardner
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

how exactly do you know what Axl's work ethic is like on this tour or any for that matter?

That's pretty easy. He's been on time on every show in the last two years and has been delivering mind blowing performances. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

if ANYONE was to ever stand up to axl that'd be the fucking day.  he's too fragile a child to handle someone not saying yes.  hence the lost years and lost potential of our favorite band to yes employees, yes musicians, yes lawyers and yes CD fans.

slash and duff will remain silent and obedient and they will play axl solo songs to keep axl from feeling like he blew the whole thing.

i would love to see them call axl to action and steer him away from a fake ac/dc record and tour.  but axl will do whatever he wants because like always, no one will be there to say no, because I promise, wherever axl is in the world right now he's surrounded by paid employees who are saying: YES.  

Angus would for sure say no if he feels like it?

3 hours ago, Asia said:

That's pretty easy. He's been on time on every show in the last two years and has been delivering mind blowing performances. 

I'm sorry I've missed the mind blowing performances.....and being on time has nothing to do with "work ethic" as it does being a fucking respectable, professional.     

• Like 2

8 hours ago, El Guapo said:

...if they get fed up with Axl's work ethic regarding new music and/or his live performance/ lack of preparation (if thats the case)?

I think they, again,  wouldn't. They would just leave again.

Clearly, if no new music is out, it is because... "Axl"

There is 0.00% anything is happening beside Slash and Duff coming to Axl daily with ideas, and Axl simply dismissing them and backhanding them for daring speak with him.  

Is this not getting super old for like everyone?  Duff and Slash have their own shit going.  If Slash was "fired" this minute, a Conspirators tour would be announced before Axl could tweet that Slash would be replaced.  Who is still laboring under the delusion that Axl is corn holing Duff and Slash nightly, as they are held against their will?  The original members ALL have other shit to do, including Axl.  If they didn't like it, they would leave.

• Like 3

I would think everything....EVERYTHING....was made clear before this reunion was locked n loaded    *i did post in other thread that I wonder If Slash n Duff have any clue as to the future but the more I think I bet it was all made clear from the get go what the plan was.    But- who knows....

How many shows has he missed/cancelled? Has he been on time? Is he up front with all finances? Is he wanting to take the music in a different direction? These were Slash and Duff's complaints last time.

Sadly, for better or for worse, Slash and Duff don't "need" to speak up this time around. And why would they, really? They got into this to make money, and that's exactly what they're doing. Hell, Axl even took on a second job to better himself, and the band. He's a saint in their eyes!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tsinindy said:

6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Are you pretending to know what's happening behind the scenes?

Can we not speculate on a thread about speculation?

• Like 2

My take is that new material wasn't the first priority. Firstly they had to be on good personal terms. I think whatever bad feelings Slash and Duff had dissipated to the point where Slash was saying sure he would do it. But Axl was completing the CD era. With no future in releasing music, Slash and Duff coming back is the only profitable thing to do with Guns. It's what the fans wanted and what the industry is doing now, touring bands. 

Maybe we have seen the best music from these guys and releasing a low selling album just isn't worth it, or it has to be a great record they believe in for it to happen. 

And maybe they are good with that? 

Maybe in Slash and Duff's mind it's just to make everything good with Axl and the fans and end on a good note and celebrate the music they made. 

It's weird though because I like Death Magnetic, the VH reunion record, later day Aerosmith. But it's like what new songs are they going to do that break into the current live set? 

I could see them doing one song for a soundtrack or like a Best of like ACDC did with Iron Man 2. Terminator 5 - The Best of GNR with one new song that is used in the movie. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, El Guapo said:

...if they get fed up with Axl's work ethic regarding new music and/or his live performance/ lack of preparation (if thats the case)?

I think they, again,  wouldn't. They would just leave again.

It seems to me that Slash and Duff are only concerned with the here and now

I don't understand why so many people on this board present Duff and Slash as victims in every single situation.Jesus.:lol: They all knew that new music was not the no 1 priority behind the reunion. But they agreed. because they are making big fat money out of it.

Edited by Natalia92
  • Like 1

They'll have signed up for the reunion/tour with their eyes open as to what it entails so there's no need for them to 'speak up' about anything, it's not like Axl's taken them hostage. As others have said, I doubt they are even bothered whether it leads to anything beyond this on account of the shitload of cash they'll be making from it. People shouldn't kid themselves that this is a 'band' in the classic sense, it's an arrangement... and they are obviously all happy with it or they wouldn't be there.

14 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

No. They are still searching for the next VR singer. :lol::lol:

Maybe it's a quid pro quo kind of deal. They do the GnR tour with Axl and after this Axl sings on a VR tour with Slash and Duff. :P