Would Slash and Duff speak up...

3 hours ago, username said:

Maybe it's a quid pro quo kind of deal. They do the GnR tour with Axl and after this Axl sings on a VR tour with Slash and Duff. :P

an often overlooked truth is that in their solo careers, Slash and Duff have borrowed from the GnR catalogue, but they don't borrow from the VR one.  Live in Stoke, for example, has no VR material, but it's split about even between Guns and everything else Slash has done.  I don't think VR is a golden era of music Slash and Duff think wistfully of.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2017 at 5:45 PM, Sunset Gardner said:

if ANYONE was to ever stand up to axl that'd be the fucking day.  he's too fragile a child to handle someone not saying yes.  hence the lost years and lost potential of our favorite band to yes employees, yes musicians, yes lawyers and yes CD fans.

slash and duff will remain silent and obedient and they will play axl solo songs to keep axl from feeling like he blew the whole thing.

i would love to see them call axl to action and steer him away from a fake ac/dc record and tour.  but axl will do whatever he wants because like always, no one will be there to say no, because I promise, wherever axl is in the world right now he's surrounded by paid employees who are saying: YES.  

Are you a GNR insider?  How can you claim t know this?  I love how people think they have Axl's psychology all figured out.  It's a world and daily experience most won't understand.

what if the big secret is that they are just having fun playing and seeing the workd and making cash on top of it?

39 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

an often overlooked truth is that in their solo careers, Slash and Duff have borrowed from the GnR catalogue, but they don't borrow from the VR one.  Live in Stoke, for example, has no VR material, but it's split about even between Guns and everything else Slash has done.  I don't think VR is a golden era of music Slash and Duff think wistfully of.

Couldn't that be because of copyrights?

1 hour ago, DeadSlash said:

Aside from Slither, you are right. In fact, I don't think I ever heard Slash play Fall to Pieces  post VR.  I never realized this until you brought it up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Aside from Slither, you are right. In fact, I don't think I ever heard Slash play Fall to Pieces  post VR.  I never realized this until you brought it up. 

SMKC have covered Fall To Pieces,SuckerTrain Blues and Dirty Little Thing and probably others. They don't so much now because they have enough of their own material.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2017 at 6:45 PM, Sunset Gardner said:

if ANYONE was to ever stand up to axl that'd be the fucking day.  he's too fragile a child to handle someone not saying yes.  hence the lost years and lost potential of our favorite band to yes employees, yes musicians, yes lawyers and yes CD fans.

slash and duff will remain silent and obedient and they will play axl solo songs to keep axl from feeling like he blew the whole thing.

i would love to see them call axl to action and steer him away from a fake ac/dc record and tour.  but axl will do whatever he wants because like always, no one will be there to say no, because I promise, wherever axl is in the world right now he's surrounded by paid employees who are saying: YES.  

Chinese wasn't terrible

On 16.7.2017 at 0:05 AM, tsinindy said:

how exactly do you know what Axl's work ethic is like on this tour or any for that matter?

Have you seen the show? Have you seen him on stage? Showing up on time, showing up for soundchecks and rehearsals. Looking happy on stage. Meeting with fans. You may say he lost his voice or is not able to sing as he was in his 20s, but he is putting in the effort to make it as good as possible.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

On 17.7.2017 at 0:33 AM, DeadSlash said:

Well. That's a truth that is simply wrong. When he started out touring with Myles, he usually did 3-4 VR songs and 3-4 GNR songs. That shifted towards GNR songs on later tours, obviously GNR gets a crowd more going that VR, but on the first tour, all phases of Slash's career were equally represented (including Snakepit).

• Like 1

It would be too bad if Slash and Duff wouldn't use their reownded power over GnR for something productive or to force Axl to do sth productive...

After this tour it's pretty clear that any other frankenstein GnR group without Slash and Duff is bound to fail completely (or would anyone of you still go to a show with a new Nu Gnr combination that just includes Axl?!) so Axl needs the other two guys for any future gnr projects (if he wants them to be successfull)...

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Have you seen the show? Have you seen him on stage? Showing up on time, showing up for soundchecks and rehearsals. Looking happy on stage. Meeting with fans. You may say he lost his voice or is not able to sing as he was in his 20s, but he is putting in the effort to make it as good as possible.

Yes three times.....have you seen my signature?

As I've already said, all those things you mention have nothing to do with a musician or singers work ethic.  Axl doesn't get credit for actually being on time.  That is what is expected of a professional.

I think it's great that he appears happy on stage, that he isn't going off at the drop of a hat.  That he takes time to meet fans.  Those are all awesome things....but they have zero to do with his "work ethic".  

My point was and remains we don't know what his work ethic actually is.  Are you around him 24/7 to observe and witness how he prepares for his job?  I'm not I don't fucking know. @Asia isn't either as far as I know so how would she know?

axl may be busting his ass off behind the scenes....or he may not be doing diddly squat.  You or I don't know.  Have a good day.

Edited by tsinindy

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yes three times.....have you seen my signature?

As I've already said, all those things you mention have nothing to do with a musician or singers work ethic.  Axl doesn't get credit for actually being on time.  That is what is expected of a professional.

I think it's great that he appears happy on stage, that he isn't going off at the drop of a hat.  That he takes time to meet fans.  Those are all awesome things....but they have zero to do with his "work ethic".  

My point was and remains we don't know what his work ethic actually is.  Are you around him 24/7 to observe and witness how he prepares for his job?  I'm not I don't fucking know. @Asia isn't either as far as I know so how would she know?

axl may be busting his ass off behind the scenes....or he may not be doing diddly squat.  You or I don't know.  Have a good day.

Well but what do we care about what he does behind the scenes as long as he delivers on stage? Unless you mean new music but that is a different issue and so far neither of us knows as well how it is being approached by either Axl or any of the guys.

1 minute ago, Asia said:

Well but what do we care about what he does behind the scenes as long as he delivers on stage? Unless you mean new music but that is a different issue and so far neither of us knows as well how it is being approached by either Axl or any of the guys.

I don't you're the one who claimed he had a great work ethic.  I'm not so sure of late he's "delivering".  Don't get me wrong I don't think he's been awful.  I just wish he was better, but that may not even be possible for a bazillion reasons.

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

I don't you're the one who claimed he had a great work ethic.  I'm not so sure of late he's "delivering".  Don't get me wrong I don't think he's been awful.  I just wish he was better, but that may not even be possible for a bazillion reasons.

If the thousands of people are leaving the stadiums Happy that means he's delivering does it not? Just because a couple of hundred die hards on a forum aren't Happy with the amount of mickey on Estranged doesn't mean he's not delivering 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

If the thousands of people are leaving the stadiums Happy that means he's delivering does it not? Just because a couple of hundred die hards on a forum aren't Happy with the amount of mickey on Estranged doesn't mean he's not delivering 

This has nothing to do with the point I made originally.  

But I see now why you quoted me.  You're completely right "delivering" can be completely subjective.   Have a good one!

Edited by tsinindy

If they didn't get on they'd be making their own travel arrangements and wouldn't stop at the same hotels, like quite a few other bands do.  

At the end of the day they have to tolerate him 3 times a week for 3 hours and those three nights have probably been making them a million bucks so I'm sure they'll live with it. 

They're a legacy act now, new music would be nice but it isn't as important now as it was back then and the other members can still put their own stuff out there once the tour is over. 

Once the tour is done  either this year or next i suspect we will get one more lap of honour, most likely appetite themed in the next 3-4 years and that'll be that 

5 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

EXcept for soundchecks and rehearsals, I think this could be said about 2013-2014, too. Not much of a difference, it seems to me.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:19 AM, PatrickS77 said:

Well. That's a truth that is simply wrong. When he started out touring with Myles, he usually did 3-4 VR songs and 3-4 GNR songs. That shifted towards GNR songs on later tours, obviously GNR gets a crowd more going that VR, but on the first tour, all phases of Slash's career were equally represented (including Snakepit).

I'm very glad you said that!  It proves my point... Slash left the material behind, BEFORE coming back to GnR.  This is not an Axl mandated blackout of the VR albums.  Sure very early on they played some VR and ALTERBRIDGE, because they needed more of their own material.  They were almost compelled to work in some VR and Alterbridge before they had their own material... otherwise they just would have been a GnR tribute band.  So what actually happened?  They dropped AB first when they came up with their own stuff, VR second.  GnR material and Slash's material remained.  My whole point was that it was annoying and stupid float it out there that Duff and Slash "want to play VR, but Axl won't let them."  

I'm not sure if you were agreeing with me or not, but it absolutely proves my point. It illustrates that there is not a legal blockade since Slash has played VR in the past, but simply abandoned the material.  Conversely, he has had NO issues playing Paradise City for the last 30 years, with any band he was in.

If Slash and Duff were playing VR right up until they got on stage with Axl, we might have something.  The reality is, they forgot it long ago.

(Unless you want to make the argument that Axl controlled Slash's career long before the reunion. If so, points on the tinfoil hat, but no. Just no.)

Edited by DeadSlash

I'm going to say it right now....this same ol' tour is going to run dry sooner rather than later. I don't see Slash playing the Palladium, Hollywood with his redheaded friend in about 18 months. Slash will walk. And the news will hit us hard. But, you can never say that you weren't told.