Would Slash and Duff speak up...

14 minutes ago, PirateRadio said:

I'm going to say it right now....this same ol' tour is going to run dry sooner rather than later. I don't see Slash playing the Palladium, Hollywood with his redheaded friend in about 18 months. Slash will walk. And the news will hit us hard. But, you can never say that you weren't told.

As long as the money is there, he'll stick it out this time and play all the Stephanie Seymour ballads left in Axl's vault. 

Duff the businessman needless to say will keep the golden goose alive for as long as he possibly can. 

It's all up to Axl and what the magical number is for beta/fernando's retirement fund. Once he hits that, chances are we won't hear from the guy aside from odd news reports of an aging redhead randomly biting a security guard in Brazil.

• Like 4

I think Slash and Duff will stay in GNR as long as they can. Money is much of a big factor, I don't see them going back and play small venues anytime soon. At this point I think Slash has lost interest in making new music, he's happy with doing what Axl and TB tell him to do, same for Duff.

Maybe they will take a break from GNR and return to their solo project but that's it

2 hours ago, starlight said:

At this point I think Slash has lost interest in making new music,

It's more like, he can make new music whenever he wants to. His partnership with Myles is going well. If he wants to make new music, he'll call Myles and he will be there. He doesn't need Axl for that.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

It's more like, he can make new music whenever he wants to. His partnership with Myles is going well. If he wants to make new music, he'll call Myles and he will be there. He doesn't need Axl for that.

What I was trying to say is that it's been 3 years since his last album therefore I'm expecting him to finish the tour with GNR so he can focus on writing songs again because I don't think GNR will produce new music in the near future

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PirateRadio said:

If anything, all three have proven they want to play live music, and they will do it without one another. I'll be more clear about this...Slash will leave Axl, and Axl will still tour Guns

That won't work out so well for Axl any more.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris 55 said:

"cash grab"? They should be playing for free?

Oh yeah.  One of my favorite schools of thought is that anything that isn't 100% free is a "cash grab"

People are grasping at straws to bitch about now that Axl and Slash arte back together, so now it's "It's all about the money."  you know... because they should have reunited to feed the poor or some shit.

16 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

I wish that he would get rid of Myles. I don't like his voice.

Edited by Sosso

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

That won't work out so well for Axl any more.  

It didn't work out before, and it would be ridiculous to do it in the future. But isn't that exactly Axl's MO..?

I admire his strong personality, if that's what you even call it, but I only see this thing ending in a split and a continuation of the name. Slash and Duff are back in Axl's band, as I think he sees it, and when they leave, it'll still be his band. The craziest thing of all in my mind is that he doesn't record new songs and throw them out there. I mean, who gives a shit. Just do it, Axhole!!

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Before the tour,

(Axl) ''We do this my way which means no Adler, no interviews, no band photos, no new music and the same setlist''

(Slash) ''Can I have Coma?''

(Axl) ''Okay, I'll allow you that''.

Its posts like that that make me remember not everyone drinks the kool aid and there are people that get the truly ridiculousness of this tour. That post couldn't be more accurate.

For Slash and Duff it's just a gravy train for them while they write their own material, or plan their own business ventures, while on the road

They can (and will) release any material they can or want through their own means, through their own names. So this whole tours, band, joke means nothing to them except for a very generous purse...

1 hour ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Its posts like that that make me remember not everyone drinks the kool aid and there are people that get the truly ridiculousness of this tour. That post couldn't be more accurate.

The biggest joke are fans who pay big money to see this farce... 

We will never get what we want from this squad. 

5 hours ago, Sosso said:

I wish that he would get rid of Myles. I don't like his voice.

Same with post 93 Axl's voice. 

35 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

The biggest joke are fans who pay big money to see this farce... 

We will never get what we want from this squad. 

Same with post 93 Axl's voice. 

Just curious, If you haven't liked Axls voice in 20 years and think the reunion is a farce why are you here? 

22 hours ago, starlight said:

What I was trying to say is that it's been 3 years since his last album therefore I'm expecting him to finish the tour with GNR so he can focus on writing songs again because I don't think GNR will produce new music in the near future

I don't think either GNR will release new music but we can't know for sure. But I assure you Slash stays focused on writing new music while he's touring. Whether it'll end up in the vault or it's getting used for the Conspiritors or even a completely new project we will see.

• Like 1

On 21.7.2017 at 4:13 AM, DeadSlash said:

I'm very glad you said that!  It proves my point... Slash left the material behind, BEFORE coming back to GnR.  This is not an Axl mandated blackout of the VR albums.  Sure very early on they played some VR and ALTERBRIDGE, because they needed more of their own material.  They were almost compelled to work in some VR and Alterbridge before they had their own material... otherwise they just would have been a GnR tribute band.  So what actually happened?  They dropped AB first when they came up with their own stuff, VR second.  GnR material and Slash's material remained.  My whole point was that it was annoying and stupid float it out there that Duff and Slash "want to play VR, but Axl won't let them."  

I'm not sure if you were agreeing with me or not, but it absolutely proves my point. It illustrates that there is not a legal blockade since Slash has played VR in the past, but simply abandoned the material.  Conversely, he has had NO issues playing Paradise City for the last 30 years, with any band he was in.

If Slash and Duff were playing VR right up until they got on stage with Axl, we might have something.  The reality is, they forgot it long ago.

(Unless you want to make the argument that Axl controlled Slash's career long before the reunion. If so, points on the tinfoil hat, but no. Just no.)

I don't know if Axl won't let them playing it but your point is completely bullshit.

It's true that Slash abandoned most of VR's stuff but he kept playing Slither everynight until the reunion and occasionally Fall To Peaces.

That alone makes your point invalid since it's Slither and not any other song we are debating over.

That and the fact that it was on the alt. tracklist, which wouldn't be the case if Slash and Duff hadn't no interesst in playing that song.

The reunion of Duff and Slash alone is enough for them to play it again, even if they haven't done so in a while. 

Edited by Free Bird

18 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I don't know if Axl won't let them playing it but your point is completely bullshit.

It's true that Slash abandoned most of VR's stuff but he kept playing Slither everynight until the reunion and occasionally Fall To Peaces.

That alone makes your point invalid since it's Slither and not any other song we are debating over.

That and the fact that it was on the alt. tracklist, which wouldn't be the case if Slash and Duff hadn't no interesst in playing that song.

The reunion of Duff and Slash alone is enough for them to play it again, even if they haven't done so in a while. 

My point is that if they wanted to play it, it would be played. I am saying point blank that it is 100% not a scenario where Duff and Slash want to play it and Axl is saying no.  it is not a scenario where Slash and Duff are being abused and bossed around by Axl.  

My point is there is nothing legal and certainly NOTHING AXL preventing VR songs from being played, it's a choice.  It is not Axl's unilaterally. 

This entire thread concept is based on the labored false narrative that Axl sits on a throne with whores tending to him nightly, as Slash and Duff beg for scraps and "speak when spoken too."  Real life is that all 3 have separate thrones in separate rooms and are counting too much money to give a fat rats ass about writing new music.

If you think that is bullshit, than I admire you for being able to live in a fantasy world.  My only suggestion would be to dream up a more pleasant one.

Edited by DeadSlash

as long as they are getting a 6 figure paycheck for playing a couple of hours, they are not going anywhere, this whole tour and this whole semi-reunion is about making money, nothing else is important

3 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

My point is that if they wanted to play it, it would be played. I am saying point blank that it is 100% not a scenario where Duff and Slash want to play it and Axl is saying no.  it is not a scenario where Slash and Duff are being abused and bossed around by Axl.  

My point is there is nothing legal and certainly NOTHING AXL preventing VR songs from being played, it's a choice.  It is not Axl's unilaterally. 

This entire thread concept is based on the labored false narrative that Axl sits on a throne with whores tending to him nightly, as Slash and Duff beg for scraps and "speak when spoken too."  Real life is that all 3 have separate thrones in separate rooms and are counting too much money to give a fat rats ass about writing new music.

If you think that is bullshit, than I admire you for being able to live in a fantasy world.  My only suggestion would be to dream up a more pleasant one.

I don't say it has anything to do with Axl sitting on a throne. But if Axl hasn't learn the song it's not gonna being played. If he doesn't feel right to sing it, it's not gonna being played. If he has issues to sing it, because it sounds weird, it's not gonna being played. Maybe Slash and Duff don't wanna have Frank butchers the song with his drumming, I don't know... there are many possibilities. Fact is this song was NOT abandoned by Slash before and it doesn't make any sense that it was listed on the alt. track list if there was no interest in playing it.

Just like Prostitute never has been played with this lineup, maybe it sounds just weird played by Slash (not that it's not a weird song by itself)

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I don't say it has anything to do with Axl sitting on a throne. But if Axl hasn't learn the song it's not gonna being played. If he doesn't feel right to sing it, it's not gonna being played. If he has issues to sing it, because it sounds weird, it's not gonna being played. Maybe Slash and Duff don't wanna have Frank butchers the song with his drumming, I don't know... there are many possibilities. Fact is this song was NOT abandoned by Slash before and it doesn't make any sense that it was listed on the alt. track list if there was no interest in playing it.

Just like Prostitute never has been played with this lineup, maybe it sounds just weird played by Slash (not that it's not a weird song by itself)

I think this is a different argument outside of the spirit of the thread.  The implication of the thread is the whole throne theory, and I think that is stupid, and poorly thought out.  They all have other jobs, including Axl.  None of them "need" each other per say, they are simply better (and richer) together, and they all know it.

One quick counterpoint to your post directly though, it doesn't make it as an alt on the setlist if Axl doesn't feel right to sing it, If Axl has issues to sing it, because it sounds weird, or if Slash and Duff don't wanna have Frank butchers the song with his drumming.  Clearly they can and are willing to play it if it is an alt on the setlist.

• Like 1