New Music or Original Lineup?

New album

A original AF5 reunion would kick ass, however I would love a new album with Axl, Slash, and Duff.  To me moving forward with new music is the best thing not just for the fans but for GNR as well

New album. AFD lineup reunion would be cool but would do nothing to keep fans excited past the initial nostalgia trip. An album is how you evolve, stay fresh, stay relevant, etc

Edited by GNR 1991
  • Like 1

New music. AFD 5 would be amazing to watch but at the end of the day it would mean listening to the same songs again. If the current line up is going to be long term at least you would be going to see them play songs they actually helped write rather than an improved nostalgia tour with AFD 5. 

31 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

AFD5 for me.

Stick Duff, Izzy & Slash in a room together and we are bound to get new music. Even if it's just another solo album from one of them at least there'd be something new. I don't see that happening with the current lineup. :shrugs:

I don't think you understood the question. You don't get any new music from the AFD 5. NONE. That's the question. Would you rather have new music from the current band or an arena tour with the original 5 with ZERO new music.  I can't for the life of me understand how or why anyone would choose AFD 5 tour over a new album. 

5 minutes ago, Bono said:

I don't think you understood the question. You don't get any new music from the AFD 5. NONE. That's the question. Would you rather have new music from the current band or an arena tour with the original 5 with ZERO new music.  I can't for the life of me understand how or why anyone would choose AFD 5 tour over a new album. 

I may be in the minority but I'd still choose AFD5. :shrugs:

• Like 4

New music all the way. I have almost no interest in an AFD5 reunion because I know the novelty is going to wear off and then we're back to where we are now without any new music. That's not a knock Steven or Izzy either. I just think some people (not everyone) are building it up in their heads and expect a repeat of 1988. 

• Like 1

AFD lineup is nothing but nostalgia talk. It's not going to be half as cool as it was with the 5 of them on stage together back in the day. It will be different. Some people are just holding on to memories or old youtube clips from the 80s. I'm not saying it wouldn't be exciting for a gig or three, but it will get old just as fast as the Slash/Axl/Duff reunion.

So give me a new album dammit.