Poll: Your favorite song on Appetite For Destruction?

Your favorite song on Appetite For Destruction?   

221 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It was My Michelle in 1988 (when I finally got my copy on cassette tape) and it's still My Michelle.  Love that spooky intro, am obsessed with Duff's bass, the guitar tone...and to me, Axl's vocals are at their most menacing - practically spits out the lines 'until then you better...' and 'now you're clean...stop your crying'  No other song on AFD showcases the venom in his vocals quite like this one.  Can't believe the Michelle in question was so pleased with it!

In general I'd say Nightrain. Even though it could easily be Paradise or Jungle on any given day. But on my iTunes, the 3 most played songs in my whole library are Nightrain with 12 more plays than Jungle which has 13 more plays than Paradise City. So by that logic, Nightrain has been more go to so its what I choose.

• Like 1

Surprised to see RQ so far in the lead, had to vote for it reminds me of too many good times, blasting the stereo of my first set of wheels (Nissan micra) whilst cruising the neighbourhood (edit village) doesn't come more badass than that :headbang:

Edited by Archtop

2 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Surprised to see RQ so far in the lead, had to vote for it reminds me of too many good times, blasting the stereo of my first set of wheels (Nissan micra) whilst cruising the neighbourhood (edit village) doesn't come more badass than that :headbang:

So British:lol:

• Like 3

Yeah. It's a surprise to see RQ so far in the lead..

But, that's the all time best album for me. Every song can be No1, except Anything Goes and Think about you.

Edited by MisterNo

On 7/17/2017 at 1:12 PM, Darkenchantress said:

NIGHTRAIN. Hands down. It's like the perfect rock song.

Second maybe Rocket queen that is also an amazing song.

I actually love every one of them but i do have a very unpopular opinion and it's that my least favorite is My Michelle. I just don't get it. :shrugs:

Best.Song.OnAFD!!! first song i ever heard by GN'R  and i lost my MIND! rock4rock3

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 3

You just gotta rank them it's so difficult to find a "best"

Rocket Queen
It's So Easy
Welcome to the Jungle
Mr. Brownstone
Paradise City
Nightrain
My Michelle
Sweet Child O' Mine
Anything Goes
Out Ta Get Me
You're Crazy
Think About You

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

That and the slower one from LIES is the superior version :headbang:

Yeah, I agree. The definitive version for me, though, is the slow, electric one on Live Era. A studio version of that on Appetite would have been fucking badass, although there's something about the pacing of Appetite overall which is just perfect.

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

You're Crazy is great IMO! 

It's brilliant! As I say, it probably won't even get a vote on this poll. It's so hard to pick one song off Appetite as a favourite, I just find there's something about Rocket Queen from when I first heard it that lifts it ever so slightly above the others, the groove mainly I think and then when it changes midway through, I just love it! You can't really disagree with people saying Nightrain, Jungle, Paradise City or whatever either, the album is just so flawless.

3 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

It's brilliant! As I say, it probably won't even get a vote on this poll. It's so hard to pick one song off Appetite as a favourite, I just find there's something about Rocket Queen from when I first heard it that lifts it ever so slightly above the others, the groove mainly I think and then when it changes midway through, I just love it! You can't really disagree with people saying Nightrain, Jungle, Paradise City or whatever either, the album is just so flawless.

Paradise City is the weakest song for me ( yes i know, it's an AFD treasure for most ) but i do i have a great memory of it playing on vacation in Mendocino. but yeah that whole album is great.

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Paradise City is the weakest song for me ( yes i know, it's an AFD treasure for most ) but i do i have a great memory of it playing on vacation in Mendocino. but yeah that whole album is great.

It's overplayed, obviously but that's simply because it's so iconic. I don't listen to it as much nowadays but I still love it when I do and the video is legendary, Axl, the only man ever to pull off the white leather jacket and strides combo. :lol:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Paradise City. Such a classic.

I didn't pick it because it is so overplayed but I almost did... If they do play the whole album tomorrow, I hope Axl let's Slash play that intro lead without singing over it.. That is such an iconic part of the song and Axl always drowns it out...

9 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

It's overplayed, obviously but that's simply because it's so iconic. I don't listen to it as much nowadays but I still love it when I do and the video is legendary, Axl, the only man ever to pull off the white leather jacket and strides combo. :lol:

Agree on the video too. My all time favorite video right there. 

• Like 1