07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

1 minute ago, Gold top 78 said:

I've always said that I don't see there being a AFD5 reunion tomorrow because of it overshadowing the rest of the tour. But here's one good reason why they must reunite tomorrow night  and that's closure. If the current line up is going to be the way forward for the future then make tomorrow night about AFD5. This album is about those 5 guys and if they reunited it would give everyone the reunion they asked for   After that the fans and probably the band members might get some closure and move on with current line up if that's the way forward. Obviously most people would want it to stay the original 5 but at least we would have that 1 performance if it wasn't to be. 

I like this. Think about it, yes if we get AFD5 we'd obviously want it to continue for the remainder of the tour. But with that being highly unlikely, at least we would get this 1. 

This 1 time, it's purely about the AFD5. They deserve that. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

NO.

People have hears : they know Izzy can't play the guitar like Fortus. He just CAN'T. Izzy is not skilled enough. The guy is limited.

Izzy is Izzy and Fortus is Fortus. Richard has noting to prove to anyone. He is one of the (very) best guitar player in the world and he's been for more than 15 years.

Millions of people have hears and eyes. Millions of people have seen and heard Fortus on this NITL tour and nobody miss Izzy. Look at the stadiums all over the world? they are packed! With Fortus and without Izzy. 

Truth is the truth. That's it.

You completely missed the point. I'm saying that a large portion of the stadium crowds aren't interested in who the rhythm guitarist is. They don't know who izzy or Richard are. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dan_axl said:

Complaints... Complaints... Complaints...

Now Guns N' Roses is:

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Reed

and Melissa.

That is the truth!! 

Seens this forum is about another band like Motley Crue or Nirvana... Only haters!! 

Calm yourself. 

This forum is by no means "Only haters!!". We allow opinions from fans of all eras of the band as long as they don't break the site rules.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

How cool would it be to play only non-Appetite material from 10pm-12am, then at the stroke of midnight on the anniversary, Izzy and Steven are introduced and they rip thru the entire AFD?

Of course this will never happen because this band doesn't care that much.

That'd be the dream scenario but this is GNR so...

giphy.gif

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

You completely missed the point. I'm saying that a large portion of the stadium crowds aren't interested in who the rhythm guitarist is. They don't know who izzy or Richard are. 

Fortus played a lot of LEAD guitar during the shows I went to.... much more during a 3 hours show than Izzy + Gilby (both combined) ever between 1987-1993.

It just shows the difference of level between the former players and Rich 4tus. Just day and night.

1 hour ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

NO.

People have hears : they know Izzy can't play the guitar like Fortus. He just CAN'T. Izzy is not skilled enough. The guy is limited.

Izzy is Izzy and Fortus is Fortus. Richard has noting to prove to anyone. He is one of the (very) best guitar player in the world and he's been for more than 15 years.

Millions of people have hears and eyes. Millions of people have seen and heard Fortus on this NITL tour and nobody miss Izzy. Look at the stadiums all over the world? they are packed! With Fortus and without Izzy. 

I like that song from 4tus, that riff, when, you know....wait, did Fortus ever write a song?

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

How cool would it be to play only non-Appetite material from 10pm-12am, then at the stroke of midnight on the anniversary, Izzy and Steven are introduced and they rip thru the entire AFD?

Of course this will never happen because this band doesn't care that much.

That'd be unreal

But it would NEVER happen :lol:

Too good of an idea for GNR. Hell, I'm surprised they came up with and pulled off the April Fool's Day unveiling

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Get a grip.... There are hundreds of bootlegs out there that prove Izzy can play just fine... Fortus is lucky to have sold 5 tickets at any of these Stadium shows.. The tickets were sold because Slash was back and to a lesser extent Duff.. If Ashba was out there instead of Fortus they would have sold just as many tickets. And I do personally know people that did not attend because Izzy wasn't involved.

Either way, no was arguing in this thread. But now a couple Fortus jizz cuzzlers are going to ruin it.  There is nothing wrong with Guns fans stating that they wish Izzy could be part of this one night.. Any sane Guns N' Roses fan would appreciate that..

I seriously doubt anyone didn't attend a show because izzy wasn't involved. A person might have stated that as their reason for not attending, but I dont think so. That person simply just wasn't interested in attending. As if, there were people who didn't attend an UYI tour date because Izzy or Steven wasn't in the band. Anyone states otherwise is just being melodramatic.

1 hour ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

NO.

Izzy can't play? What made you say that? Being the only one who released something recently he seems to be able to play just fine

12 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

you have to be a real crying baby to not attend a Guns N' Roses show just because that retarded isn't on the current lineup. My expectations for this gig is a full AFD being played

Retarded? Wow! Coming from someone who can't respect another persons right to watch a show or not and calling her a crybaby! Someone who can't respect another freedom to choose is the retarded one!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JustanUrchin said:

Rumor has it that tomorrow is the celebration of AFD.  That means the five individuals who signed a recording K with Geffen, formed a p’ship, registered said p’ship and marks, and wrote, recorded and toured one of the most iconic albums in rock history.  Oh, and it was (and will forever remain) the #1 selling debut album of all-time.  For comparative purposes, next year is the 10-year anniversary of my team’s WS championship.  I can guarantee you that no one, quite literally, would accept Middelton, the Bucks or Montgomery trotting out anything less than ALL 25 living members of that squad EXCEPT Jayson Werth who’s playing for another team.  And that includes no stunt doubles or look-a-likes.  Everyone knows Phillies fans would n-e-v-e-r accept such a fraud, and ESPECIALLY if Middleton, the Bucks or Montgomery refused to bring back all 25 for pecuniary gain.  They’d be figuratively lynched for even considering such a fraud, and no one would give another hard-earned dollar to that franchise except for the random ownership apologist.

To the above quote.  How anyone can post, contrary to known public fact, legal impossibility with such conviction is nothing short of stupefying.  Slash has his own separate management and counsel.  Duff has his own separate management and counsel.  The singer is ‘managed’ by live-ins.  Gn’R is a trademark.  Gn’R is NOT a “band” consisting of S/D/A and AR’s employees (the what-have-yous on “keys,” Adler’s fourth replacement and the Izzy look-a-like).  The singer has owned that mark since NYE ’95 when he quit Original Gn’R (“Leaving Partner”) to form “a new band” and “a new p’ship” (quoting the singer’s legal notice and averments in pleadings).  Anyone reading any post referencing ‘Gn’R management’ immediately knows that whatever follows such an assertion is fictional because there is no ‘Gn’R management.’

Adler will be rockin his authentic swing and party feel to HIS songs.  But what about Izzy?  And what about you, the AFD fan?  Will you continue to line the pockets of S/D/A this fall by purchasing trinkets and $300 tickets to listen to 30-year old songs performed by 3 originals and their cover band?  There is no quarter of a billion dollar tour, trinketfest, and synch/licensing extravaganza without AFD just as there was no ’08 WS championship without those 25 Phillies.

AFD was and is authentic.  It is timeless.  What about tomorrow?  Have S/D/A, with their pot (now mountain) of gold, agreed to compensate/split the loot with that final fifth to man his side of the stage tomorrow for HIS songs?  Forget about LN and American arenas this fall, tomorrow is a S/D/A decision promoted by Sirius as a AFD celebration.

Great post. You should come here more often man.

Edited by Silent Jay