Apollo Show - Izzy & Steven Not Playing - Argue About It HERE

27 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Does he? Or does he just think he should be paid fairly to acknowledge his contribution?

Fairly? His tweet said to split the loot equally, that's not fairly. That's greedy to assume he deserves the same as Axl and slash who clearly bring more to the show than he does. I'm willing to bet he was still going to make millions from this tour and to me that's more than fair for a rythem guitarist.

1 minute ago, estranged_85 said:

agree. but on the other hand people said the same thing when Adler got his "closure" on the current tour.. People went nuts when he got to play and so happy for him to get closure.. then a second after people wanted more and started arguing about him not being part of the band/tour.

Yeah I agree you on that and that's why I don't see the 5 of them being on stage tonight because it would overshadow the rest of the tour and give false hopes if there's no plan to play together again and as you said people will always want more. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Lol so you think the step parents block the alienated bio parents too come back? C'mon son, it's the other bio parents AKA holy trinity that blocks them, them step parents also never pretend to be the real one, they just fill the role. The step parents can't do shit because they are jobless. 

No shit Sherlock . I didn't say the smurf or robot has any control , I responded in the same format that the insidious, beta bacteria wrote. 

21 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

We just need to accept that Izzy and Steven won't be there. It really sucks, and it just won't feel right, but there's nothing we can do. 

There's one thing I can do : to buy a ticket to see this line-up.

But I won't.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

Yeah I agree you on that and that's why I don't see the 5 of them being on stage tonight because it would overshadow the rest of the tour and give false hopes if there's no plan to play together again and as you said people will always want more. 

I could see Adler and Izzy added to the stadium tour this summer to boost ticket sales

8 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Fairly? His tweet said to split the loot equally, that's not fairly. That's greedy to assume he deserves the same as Axl and slash who clearly bring more to the show than he does. I'm willing to bet he was still going to make millions from this tour and to me that's more than fair for a rythem guitarist.

He said THEY didn't want to split it equally, which sounds to me like he was fourth in line in terms of the cut. He probably found their offer insulting. He never said he expected equal pay to Axl but he probably, rightly in my opinion, expected to be paid the same as Slash/Duff.

Rhythm guitarist and main songwriter.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Those guys aside do you think any ex members will be in attendance for the celebration? Be it Tommy, Ron, Gilby, Matt or whoever? 

Why would they? They got absolutely nothing to do with that album.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why would they? They got absolutely nothing to do with that album.

Gilby was at the 20th or 25th show to see his friends and likewise Tommy attended 2 NITL shows. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth

1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

I could see Adler and Izzy added to the stadium tour this summer to boost ticket sales

I want to agree with you on this but if they can't bring themselves to be on stage together tonight to celebrate AFD 30th then I don't see it happening ever or at least for the foreseeable future. 

4 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Gilby was at the 20th or 25th show to see his friends and likewise Tommy attended 2 NITL shows. 

That was different. Back then they didn't have a tour, were they excluded him. And AFD means nothing to Stinson. He's not even a fan. And he saw the show already.

Edited by PatrickS77

SO let me get this straight..

98% of what this anniversary should represent (Steven and Izzy - AFD5) has gone to hell...

1% is playing Appetite in its entirety...

% chance of the previous statement happening? 1%

Niceeeeee... #GnFnR

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

That was different. Back then they didn't have a tour, were they excluded him. And AFD means nothing to Stinson. He's not even a fan. And he saw the shiw already.

Not everyone goes to celebrate. Visiting friends, like they previously did is percectly acceptable as is celebrating their achievments and songs you played live to 10's of thousands hundreds of times. 

I dont like many of my friends bands but if I'm in town I'll still go down and say hi and hang backstage. I'm not expecting them to be in the front row waving fucking lighters during Patience. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth

1 hour ago, estranged_85 said:

It's my 30th birthday today. Woule be i nice surprize if afd 5 actually played together to celebrate one of the best albums ever made ?

Screenshot_20170720-175343.png

Happy 30th, man!!!!   Very cool day and year to be born!:headbang:

2 hours ago, alfierose said:

If it was true why then deny it? Easier not to reply at all. I'm not expecting anything other than the NITL line up, I suspect they are probably trying to walk the line of acknowledging the classic line up but not being misleading.

Probably but I'm still holding out.  :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Axl_morris said:

Bring more to the show? What would they be playing if it wasn't for Izzy, ever think of that? He wrote so much of the music! And it's a matter of principle and respect, Izzy is not going to be treated as some guest spot in his own band like he is a monkey in a skirt, he is to be treated equally, on all counts. Funny you call him greedy but not the 3 who left him out because he dare wanted to be treated as an equal, as it should be! Duff is a greedy , 2-face and frankly , he is more disposable than Izzy or Adler if you want to play that game. The fact is, it took all 5 and if you are honest, they don't sound as good as they could , frank's drumming is not good

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Duff is a greedy , 2-face and frankly , he is more disposable than Izzy or Adler if you want to play that game. The fact is, it took all 5 and if you are honest, they don't sound as good as they could , frank's drumming is not good

A lot of truth in there... I love Duff but in my opinion he is easily the least important of the AFD5..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

A lot of truth in there... I love Duff but in my opinion he is easily the least important of the AFD5..

When it comes to the sound, I totally agree. The band would sound way better if it was Slash, Axl, Steven, Izzy and Tommy Stinson than it does now.

I love Duff too, though, and I'm glad he is where he belongs. It's a shame that's not the case with Steven and Izzy. This is THEIR FUCKING BAND TOO. Probably some idiot will come and say "Izzy decided to quit" but so did everyone else except for Steven.

• Like 3