Apollo Show - Izzy & Steven Not Playing - Argue About It HERE

As far as Izzy is concerned he's been out of the band 25 years since then the band has written and recorded a grand total of zero songs that I care to hear live or otherwise .Hes as much a part of the success the band has had as anyone else and that includes Axl.This is just my opinion .Wish he was here even if only for a few songs 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

When it comes to the sound, I totally agree. The band would sound way better if it was Slash, Axl, Steven, Izzy and Tommy Stinson than it does now.

I love Duff too, though, and I'm glad he is where he belongs. It's a shame that's not the case with Steven and Izzy. This is THEIR FUCKING BAND TOO. Probably some idiot will come and say "Izzy decided to quit" but so did everyone else except for Steven.

Don't get me wrong, the band is still better with Duff there than without him but I would choose any of the other AFD5 over him. His backing vocals are great on the classic songs like ISO and OTGM.. 

• Like 2

Just now, gt72 said:

As far as Izzy is concerned he's been out of the band 25 years since then the band has written and recorded a grand total of zero songs that I care to hear live or otherwise .Hes as much a part of the success the band has had as anyone else and that includes Axl.This is just my opinion .Wish he was here even if only for a few songs 

Exactly. People saying nobody cared after/when Izzy left?? WTF.... Did you see what happened to the band immediately after Izzy left???? The whole thing crumbled down. And rightly so.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

A lot of truth in there... I love Duff but in my opinion he is easily the least important of the AFD5..

seriously? And what about "It's So Easy"? And "Sweet Child O'Mine" bass intro etc.?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jpduff said:

seriously? And what about "It's So Easy"? And "Sweet Child O'Mine" bass intro etc.?

He's contending the fact that apart from writing the arrangements for each song (and I'm not diminishing this, Duff is as much part of that magic as anyone else of the AFD5), the guy didn't really have any predominant musical feature like the other guys had.

5 minutes ago, Original said:

What's the point of a big AFD celebration without having Steven and Izzy? 

Haha, good fucking question.

4 minutes ago, jpduff said:

Those are all great! Pretty Tied Up as well... Like I said, I love Duff but out of the AFD5 I think he had the least impact. They were all important though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Not everyone goes to celebrate. Visiting friends, like they previously did is percectly acceptable as is celebrating their achievments and songs you played live to 10's of thousands hundreds of times. 

I dont like many of my friends bands but if I'm in town I'll still go down and say hi and hang backstage. I'm not expecting them to be in the front row waving fucking lighters during Patience. 

Geez. Let it go. None of these people lives in NY. So they won't just go say hi. And they won't travel anywhere just to be at a celebration of an album they had no hand in creating. Also some of them are not on especially good terms. So no, no former member will be there (except maybe, hopefully Izzy and/or Steven.... but I wouldn't hold my breath for that).

Other than the nanny is it confirmed Izzy and Steven "Popcorn" Adler are out?  If so then just Axl/Slash/Duff play an acoustic set in a MTV Storyline type format.  Then do some type of intro thanking Frank/Fortus/Melissa and Dizzy for "helping out in our friends absence"  and go ahead and kick some ass and turn it up (best they can)!

16 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Exactly. People saying nobody cared after/when Izzy left?? WTF.... Did you see what happened to the band immediately after Izzy left???? The whole thing crumbled down. And rightly so.

What exactly crumbled down?? They continued to play stadiums for 2 years straight. So the audience clearly didn't care whether Izzy was there or not. The reason that the band crumbled was internal problems, not the fact that people cared whether Izzy left or the very fact that Izzy left. Axl turned into an impossible to deal with egomaniac. That is the reason the whole thing crumbled down. Seriously, the comments of some of you people.... you make things up as you go along, regardless of what really happened.

Edited by PatrickS77

16 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Out of likes but 100 likes to this. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Those are all great! Pretty Tied Up as well... Like I said, I love Duff but out of the AFD5 I think he had the least impact. They were all important though.

He wrote the Rocket Queen riff. Which seems to be peoples favourite song on AFD over here in that poll. And also the jungle riff lifted from his band the fakes song

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

What exactly crumbled down?? They continued to play stadiums for 2 years straight. So the audience clearly didn't care whether Izzy was there or not. The reason that the band crumbled was internal problems, not the fact that people cared whether Izzy left or the very fact that Izzy left. Axl turned into an impossible to deal with egomaniac. That is the reason the whole thing crumbled down. Seriously, the comments of some of you people.... you make things up as you go along, regardless of what really happened.

Duuude, you make my point exactly. They toured, they did cause they had to, but WHAT an abomination of a band. An insult to what it used to be (Traci, Roberta, Teddy anyone????). WTF did the band do after Izzy left? EXACTLY. Toured the world, made zero money, died artistically and musically, let alone the integrity of it all (5 guys who had each other's back, no matter what).

And don't blame it all on Axl. Get YOUR shit straight.

1 hour ago, Pishy said:

Bring more to the show? What would they be playing if it wasn't for Izzy, ever think of that? He wrote so much of the music! And it's a matter of principle and respect, Izzy is not going to be treated as some guest spot in his own band like he is a monkey in a skirt, he is to be treated equally, on all counts. Funny you call him greedy but not the 3 who left him out because he dare wanted to be treated as an equal, as it should be! Duff is a greedy , 2-face and frankly , he is more disposable than Izzy or Adler if you want to play that game. The fact is, it took all 5 and if you are honest, they don't sound as good as they could , frank's drumming is not good

It has nothing to do with songwriting. He gets royalties for the music still to this day by sales, streaming and radio play. By your argument you would have every song writer by the 15 covers and instrumentals that they play at the show each night on stage to be an equal.

He also turned up as a guest to his own band many times in 2006 and 2012 and in 1993 briefly. Was the money equal then? I very much doubt it.

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

It may sound good, but it's wrong. They toured in '92/'93 not because they had to, but because that's what you do, after you've released an album.

So they HAD to. As per contractual obligations!

Listen, the audience means shit. GNR toured for 2 years after UYI on the wings of the success coming from Appetite/Lies. End of story. By that time, they were the biggest band in the fucking world, so obviously back in the 90's, they would have had success no matter what, even with the Nu GNR lineup.

I think Duff is/was more important than people realize. He was the only 'veteran' in the band at the time, the one with the most significant band experience, the one who had been a drummer and a guitarist in previous bands and already toured the country and knew way more about band dynamics than anyone else.

It's silly discussing who was more important because we all know that band worked because they were all very different and yet all contributed to the sound and songwriting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

It has nothing to do with songwriting. He gets royalties for the music still to this day by sales, streaming and radio play. By your argument you would have every song writer by the 15 covers and instrumentals that they play at the show each night on stage to be an equal.

He also turned up as a guest to his own band many times in 2006 and 2012 and in 1993 briefly. Was the money equal then? I very much doubt it.

Someone said that axl , slash and duff "bring more" to the show and I'm saying , no, not true. Their point was whose presence is most critical . We already well established we want all 5, those of us who recognize Adler and Izzy are indispensable. But if you want to start ranking and pretend the 3 traitors bring more, then you have to ask what the hell would they bring, what music for starters? Im not making a statement on songwriters , don't be so disingenuous .

and Izzy sat in when it was Axl and friends, not a reunion and don't bother playing with semantics saying it's not a reunion, Axl and friends didn't advertise with the cross and 5 skulls nor Call the tour not in this lifetime ? So Izzy can't be a guest in a reunion of his own band! If you just care about the label then say it, I care about the music and smurf and robot do not work. More importantly , this tour is only possible because of who GnR were, no one is going because they are hoping to see Buckethead or Melissa , the pull is the reunion of the band that vanished decades ago.