Alternate Setlist Songs for this Leg of NITL Tour (picture)

So, my friend went to the show last night and posted this a few hours ago. She's been going to shows for twenty-plus years and always manages to get a hold of of the setlist by chatting up crew members. I was surprised when I saw this in my feed this morning, since this was a massive show. She collects setlists so I have no reason, whatsoever, to think this isn't an actual setlist. Also, sorry if anyone else as posted something similar (I didn't read through all thirty-plus pages of the St. Louis show thread). Anyway, enjoy and discuss.

bMPX1xb.jpg

2 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

The fact those are alternate choices when The Seeker and Black Hole Sun get constant play, boggles my mind.

I've felt that way about a lot of choices for a long time. I just don't get it sometimes.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Or Think About You :/

It's time for another round of Russ Says Things That Other People Hate:

I saw them do Think About You in 2002 and I went to the bathroom during it because I just don't like the song.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

It's time for another round of Russ Says Things That Other People Hate:

I saw them do Think About You in 2002 and I went to the bathroom during it because I just don't like the song.

So bizarre to me! I am dying to hear them play it... And Out Ta Get me has pretty much been my favorite jam of the tour and you don't like that one either.  I do think I remember you saying that you enjoyed it at the last show you went to though.  For me there really isn't a bad note off Appetite or LIES... Love every song.. 

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

So bizarre to me! I am dying to hear them play it... And Out Ta Get me has pretty much been my favorite jam of the tour and you don't like that one either.  I do think I remember you saying that you enjoyed it at the last show you went to though.  For me there really isn't a bad note off Appetite or LIES... Love every song.. 

Nope, I went to the bathroom during Out Ta Get Me in Detroit as well :lol:

I totally get how other people love those songs though, they're just not my jams though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Nightrain said:

So, my friend went to the show last night and posted this a few hours ago. She's been going to shows for twenty-plus years and always manages to get a hold of of the setlist by chatting up crew members. I was surprised when I saw this in my feed this morning, since this was a massive show. She collects setlists so I have no reason, whatsoever, to think this isn't an actual setlist. Also, sorry if anyone else as posted something similar (I didn't read through all thirty-plus pages of the St. Louis show thread). Anyway, enjoy and discuss.

bMPX1xb.jpg

Cool to see- thanks.  And like a lot of bands, I wish they'd stick to their own music over any covers...especially now that I see some of those audibles.  Hoping to get a couple of those on Sunday night. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I totally get how other people love those songs though, they're just not my jams though. 

In chicago i was like where the fuck did he go?!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

In chicago i was like where the fuck did he go?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maynard said:

So many good GNR songs.... So many covers added to the set. Go figure...

Yeah it's a shame that they don't play more GN'R songs. Or at least change the order. I'm hoping for YCBM to be the opener in Denver because they have done it before there. But I'm not betting on it.

I think they have plans for The Seeker. That's why it has become staple. let's be honest here, they play the shit out of it. By plans, I mean it's GOING to show up as an official release at some point. Whether that's an actual album, or a live release. If its a live release, I could see The Seeker being released as a single. I've said it before, I think it would get a TON of rock radio play today, if released. Sure it's a cover, so it's not a true "new" guns n roses song. But to a casual rock fan, it sounds freaking amazing. It sounds old, yet new, plus it's not an over played song. I NEVER hear The Who's version on the radio, and I think guns know this. I feel strongly that plans are in place for that song, that's why it's a concert staple. It's going to end up with LALD and KOHD status, just watch.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

It's going to end up with LALD and KOHD status, just watch.

:/

Would rather they did a studio version of Whole Lotta Rosie to be honest. Though that'd be awkward now with Axl being AC/DC's singer... Maybe a special version with Angus and Slash having duelling guitar solos? Could be released as a GNR + AC/DC single.

• Like 1