Watch Weezer Channel Guns N' Roses in 'Feels Like Summer' Video

Their first two albums were brilliant. They had these real intense songs disguised as quirky pop songs. It took a few listens to realize they were more than just pop-rock songs with silly lyrics. The second album is a very emotional and personal album, but in typical Rivers Cuomo style. After that they made some terrible, mediocre, and even decent albums, but they never reached the quality of those first two. 

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheDanny said:

Wait,  are you guys just ignoring the fact that this is a perfect shot for shot remake of the Paradise City video and just babbling about the song?

I actually liked that part of it ha.. But started skipping through the last half

Not feeling the song or video. When they did this with Buddy Holly they nailed it, and when other artists do this good I like it, Eminem's done it a few times and pulls it off well. This just feels, idk, not cool or funny or anything really.

So Fozzy and Weezer "remade" old GnR music videos this year...ok then.  This Weezer one would have made more sense if the song was maybe a bit more anthemic.  It's a bit flat, more pop than rock, reminds me of current day Train.

I think I prefer the GnR shoutout in this song

And...yeesh was that RS bit written by a disciple of grunge or what?  Classifying Guns as hair metal and then taking about hair metal excess... Surprised he didn't put in a line about corporate rock so that we could tell he kneels at the cross of Kurt Cobain.

Edited by HuskerTornado