10/19/17 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center

gunsguy

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

It's not random. It's obviously a reference to all the illuminati shit surrounding Washington DC.  https://www.ranker.com/list/secret-conspiracy-and-occult-symbols-in-washington-dc/amandasedlakhevener

I said this because ,people  what post in FB put fault in GNR ,and to assume what they are illuminati ,my opinion is ,i not believe what they are illuminati,maybe as you said is in reference Washington shit😑

28 minutes ago, Dangom1 said:

https://youtu.be/Mdj-ltacc6Q

"Balls out performer in recent memory, ladies and gentleman.... Slash" - Axl 😂😂😂

HAHHAHAHA ! I love how Axl referenced it...I'm sure when they got off stage, Slash was like
"Guys, I balls'd up !! " Axl - "NO you balls'd out !"

On a side note - Half decent Coma ! 

Edited by colonizedmind

11 hours ago, ES175 said:

I got there towards the end of DTJ (I'm pathetic, I know) so I missed WTTJ and DTJ, two of my all time favorites. Still, have to say, it was a pretty solid performance by Axl - relatively speaking, of course. The biggest and perhaps most pleasant surprise was the coda to Coma - he usually whimpers through it, but he held it together better than anything I've seen on this tour. They all seemed to be in a good mood, which is a bit confounding given the length, and let's face it, monotony of this particular tour. There was more interaction with the audience from the big 3 in particular. Yes, Axl lost tempo several times, and Frank... what can I say. Love him, but I just wish he'd try and simplify it a bit... less Neil Peart and more Steven Adler. But I guess it's a personality thing, and hey, if Slash and Duff are having as good a time playing with him that they seem to be having, who the fuck am i to complain. 

When I saw them last year at Fedex Field, they were playing a lot more conservative - Slash was sticking to the script, in particular. He's letting loose, now. Improvised solos can be a mixed bag, but man, he was flying. FLYING. Right there on the edge of the infamous noodling that Izzy would complain about. Axl gave a slightly longer introduction to Slash this time but I couldn't quite hear it - Slash did thank him, though. 

I'm starting to believe we haven't heard the last of this lineup once this tour is over. I'm a skeptic, don't get me wrong. But being at last night's show - it's hard to believe that any group of people who are playing this well together, and who are this happy playing together, wouldn't want to keep it going. 

Unless, of course, they don't. 

I dont think Duff and Slash are having a good time playing with him they just don't have a choice ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I agree, definitely one of the best Jungles of the tour.  Hopefully, they got it on pro-shot for the live tour DVD release...(which I'm sure will come out eventually).

Holy hell, that Jungle was amazing! I thought the live one at msg was up there but this recording is even better. Whoever went got to see a killer show

Double Talkin Jive was good too and really liked what slash did at the end of sweet child.

Axl has gone berzerk. He seems to have taken a liking to waving back at people, or mirroring their exaggerated gestures, sort of mockingly, which I can't blame him. It's kind of odd to try to get the band's attention and expect greetings and salutations during a show. He should give some of them the finger, lol! 

Edited by Pishy

14 hours ago, Ratam said:

I said this because ,people  what post in FB put fault in GNR ,and to assume what they are illuminati ,my opinion is ,i not believe what they are illuminati,maybe as you said is in reference Washington shit😑

Not to go wanna go off in that direction but there literally is hardly a product of any kind that comes out of the entertainment industry that doesn't have some kind of occult/esoteric reference. Movie posters, book covers, music videos, award show, superbowls. It's gotten to the point that every week in my bar when our guest ales arrive at least one of them has a couple pyramids and all-seeing-eyes on.

The how and they why is another matter but that's it's all there can't be denied.

11 hours ago, Dangom1 said:

https://youtu.be/Mdj-ltacc6Q

"Balls out performer in recent memory, ladies and gentleman.... Slash" - Axl 😂😂😂

Slash had a big grin on XD

No Madagascar video? :(

Yaknow, one thing i've hated ever since the 2002 tour is the stupid video montage things on loop for most of the set. Why not just leave the screens on the band?! That's what people wanna see. I was just the Jungle vid someone filmed from high up about halfway back and for the first minute or so it's electric to watch with fantastic close-ups of Axl screaming the intro. Then it switches to the stupid video wall for the rest of the song and you're watching ants running around. 

Most gigs i've always been on the barrier but when i've been way back it's usually been the band for the first few songs and then from e.g. LALD which was often song 4 it would switch to fucking looped racing footage and it would just completely change the vibe and enjoyment of the show.