10/23/17 - Hartford, CT - XL Center

11 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Prostitute totally outguns There Was A Time...!

If one CD song should be a staple it is Prostitute!

But it is really hard one on Axl's voice... and takes a lot of sacrifice..

Huh?! 95% of it is clean. It's not especially easy to sing because he seems to have very little power in that range. But there are only two lines where he has to scream and shriek a bit. Compare the above video to Jungle from the same show where he screams and rasps the absolute shit out of it. If he'd sung Prostitute at every single show ever, like he has Jungle, he'd figure out how to make it sound good too. 

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

Huh?! 95% of it is clean. It's not especially easy to sing because he seems to have very little power in that range. But there are only two lines where he has to scream and shriek a bit. Compare the above video to Jungle from the same show where he screams and rasps the absolute shit out of it. If he'd sung Prostitute at every single show ever, like he has Jungle, he'd figure out how to make it sound good too. 

yeah but it is in high register...and that means mickey for Axl...

Jungle isnt in that high of a register.. so he rasps..

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Never understood the love for Prostitute.

It's just a really poor song IMO and it should never be played again. Just like Catcher. 

Anastasia or Slither would be waaaay better.

well I agree for Slither, for Anastasia not so much - generic lyrics and not a single adrenaline in that songs... like Wicked Stone..

• Confused 1

Great show!  Couple shout outs to some forum members:

Got to meet Mooch14 in the front of Slash’s pit, I know he was coordinating some of the Pigs Eye stuff before the show.

AND BIG shout out to InTheJungle1 who hooked me up with Pit ticket last minute!  It’s great we have this forum for fans to help out other fans!

again, show rocked!  Nightrain and YCBM were personal favorites, and getting to hear Prostitute was a treat!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scooby845 said:

well I agree for Slither, for Anastasia not so much - generic lyrics and not a single adrenaline in that songs... like Wicked Stone..

Bad Rain would be cool to sing for him

5 hours ago, scooby845 said:

No adrenaline in Anastasia? I just have to disagree but each to his own.

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

No adrenaline in Anastasia? I just have to disagree but each to his own.

what i wanna say is that it's Slash oriented song.

If you look at It's so Easy for example - it has kick ass bass intro, great Slash's solos and riffs and full of rage Axl vocals (see you standing there../ but it goes to show).

I like Anastasia for what it is, but in comparison with GNR, its million light years behind...

for me it's generic...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

what i wanna say is that it's Slash oriented song.

If you look at It's so Easy for example - it has kick ass bass intro, great Slash's solos and riffs and full of rage Axl vocals (see you standing there../ but it goes to show).

I like Anastasia for what it is, but in comparison with GNR, its million light years behind...

for me it's generic...

Yes, it has generic lyrics and no rage Axl vocals. That's true.

BUT... it is no less GNR than Catcher or Prostitute, let alone the countless coversongs they play each night.

Considering they play such songs, Anastasia would fit very well in a three and a half hours rock n roll show. And it would make the show more energetic than Prostitute, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

BUT... it is no less GNR than Catcher or Prostitute, let alone the countless coversongs they play each night.

Considering they play such songs, Anastasia would fit very well in a three and a half hours rock n roll show. And it would make the show more energetic than Prostitute, that's for sure.

For me it's less than a CD songs, especially those two...

On the other hand Slither outguns CD songs by far... 

I agree that all those covers should be dropped, but If I were to choose what's next in the setlist it would go like this..

1. GNR (think about you or something else..)

2. Slither

3. CD song.

4. Anastasia or anything Slash solo...(except Ghost)..

10 hours ago, patmac54 said:

Great show!  Couple shout outs to some forum members:

Got to meet Mooch14 in the front of Slash’s pit, I know he was coordinating some of the Pigs Eye stuff before the show.

AND BIG shout out to InTheJungle1 who hooked me up with Pit ticket last minute!  It’s great we have this forum for fans to help out other fans!

again, show rocked!  Nightrain and YCBM were personal favorites, and getting to hear Prostitute was a treat!

Yeah dude,  good to meet you also!  Awesome show!

7 hours ago, scooby845 said:

For me it's less than a CD songs, especially those two...

On the other hand Slither outguns CD songs by far... 

I agree that all those covers should be dropped, but If I were to choose what's next in the setlist it would go like this..

1. GNR (think about you or something else..)

2. Slither

3. CD song.

4. Anastasia or anything Slash solo...(except Ghost)..

It's all about opinions finally and it's ok. I just don't like these two songs so I'd prefer sonething else. It's not my decision, so...

• Like 1

On 10/24/2017 at 9:34 PM, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Encore was:

Madagascar 

Patience

Rosie

Don't cry

seeker

Paradise City 

Its an good song to me personally but not amazing. Not even close to Estranged (my favorite gnr song) or NV. But it was great live. I loved hearing it last night. Slash fit right in on it! Hope TWAT becomes a regular cuz Its underrated

We know Estranged is its own animal lol. And yes NR is epic also..but Prostitute is up there