10/23/17 - Hartford, CT - XL Center

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

As a massive fan of CD I’m loving this leg of the tour! I’m in heaven. Slash on f’in Prostitute!!! No way! Axl sounded amazing on it! And Madagascar in the same show! 

You have no idea how good prostitute sounded tonight. Madagascar was great as well I was lucky. Still wish I got to see twat tho but I guess see prostitute for the first time this tour is fine too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Fresh off the press. Sounds pretty good overall. Axl had a bit of a slip up towards the end, but it's good to hear that some people in the crowd know the song!

Ok so I know the audio isnt the best... but this may be one of the times where a faster tempo benefits the song!  It rocks a lot harder this way and just had more balls to it

I was never a fan of any of the live version of the song before... but this is really clicking and I think it works really well

Slash's two solos were killing too.  I like it

Edited by WhazUp
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Fresh off the press. Sounds pretty good overall. Axl had a bit of a slip up towards the end, but it's good to hear that some people in the crowd know the song!

Axl did well here! Great use on the lower parts. I like him eyeballing Slash on the ending. Beautiful finish too...one of the best instrumentals on an album that shined in that department 

1 hour ago, Its Tino said:

Just got home and my ears are still ringin'!!!! :headbang:

So shocked and pumped to have been able to see prostitute live! I was so surprised it took me 15 seconds to think of the song title because I wasn't expecting it, and it's one of my favorite CD tracks!

Also, it didn't seem to be sold out but in filled out well. 

Pesonally I much preferred this show over the MetLife Stadium shows last year. I thought they sounded tighter and I love the arena setting. 

Lastly, 

The show should really be called "Slash featuring Guns N' Roses". Slash is clearly the star of the tour. He killed it yet again. 

I was at MetLife last year and MSG last week. I agree with you. I prefer the arena setting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

Ok so I know the audio isnt the best... but this may be one of the times where a faster tempo benefits the song!  It rocks a lot harder this way and just had more balls to it

I was never a fan of any of the live version of the song before... but this is really clicking and I think it works really well

Slash's two solos were killing too.  I like it

Wow, Axl's well into this ! 
Last show thread I said Prostitute was probably imminent, didn't realise this soon :P
Amazing to see...This actually is bringing a freshness to this leg, like or dislike CD and 

personally I think this song works really nicely with the current band on first evidence...
Best crowd response I've heard to a "rare CD song"
THIS and Ritz 87 - Good night Oct 23rd will be remembered !

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 3

omg just listened to Prostitute - fucking YES Slash! He gets it right!  He likes this one.  That was really, really good.  Axl still sounds like a grandma for huge chunks of it, but he wasn't too excruciating overall, and the band did a great job.  Slash nailed it.  I'm so happy!!  My only complaint is the person filming wouldn't take the focus off Axl - really wanted to see Slash for this.  But look at how into it Axl was...they were feeling it tonight...so cool.   

What are the chances they might play Riad??  Street of Dreams?? 

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I play drums and was mad the whole night about how awful frank is.

Now you know how us guitar players felt when DJ Ashba was in the band :lol:

Great to hear that you enjoyed yourself! You got a great first show. I'm going to see them in Milwaukee on Nov. 7

I thought the band and axl sounded great. His voice was way better live than how it comes across in the videos. Slash was the star of the show though.  The setlist was great. I’m not a huge Chinese democracy fan but really liked the bands take on them. I usually skip This I love but thought it was one of the best songs last night. Slash makes it sound like a classic gnr song. Nightrain and welcome to the jungle were the highlights for me. Patience was also great. I thought the crowd was a little lame  people seemed more interested in recording on their phone than getting fired up and getting into the show.  It was definitely worth it and the best gnr show I have been to since I was too young to see them in 1988   

I want to preface this next comment by saying at the MetLife Stadium show I attended last year I was so excited and had such a nervous energy that I had been drinking steadily all evening and throughout to show, BUT I do have a good recollection of the show...

In my most humble opinion, it almost felt like a different show even tho the setlists are almost identical. I think it's because of that extra time they added to the show. Not only because of the extra few songs, but because they really took their time and jammed on each song

Edited by Its Tino
Sp
  • Thanks 2