10/23/17 - Hartford, CT - XL Center

1 hour ago, GNRfanJen said:

Finally listened to Prostitute. Holy shit, Slash sounded GREAT. They were so into it! So awesome.

What's a girl gotta do to get Street of Dreams played??! PLEASE, just ONCE. 

I sincerely doubt you'll ever see Slash play on that song. I'd be cool with hearing it, I just don't think it'll ever happen. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

Oh boy, here we go again lol. I get killed for this all the time, but I am convinced the song The Blues is about Slash. 

Oh, okay. You mean like others say Sorry is about Slash? :lol:

I've no idea who it's about, but I would love to hear it with Slash. To me, it always sounded like the most GNR song on CD.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Oh, okay. You mean like others say Sorry is about Slash? :lol:

I've no idea who it's about, but I would love to hear it with Slash. To me, it always sounded like the most GNR song on CD.

Exactly. I've never believed Sorry is about Slash but I really believe The Blues is. 

I'd love to hear his take on it too, I just don't think it'll ever happen. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I sincerely doubt you'll ever see Slash play on that song. I'd be cool with hearing it, I just don't think it'll ever happen. 

Why? It was the biggest staple until end of 2012 !

42 minutes ago, Derick said:

Prosti Fuckin´Tute!!!:headbang:

Great reaction ! Seems some people at the front where wanting this....
"Keep It AXL! Keep it in the list...."

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Oh boy, here we go again lol. I get killed for this all the time, but I am convinced the song The Blues is about Slash. 

5 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Why? It was the biggest staple until end of 2012 !

See reply above 

Just now, RussTCB said:

See reply above 

Hmmm I get what you're saying, re-reading the lyrics but I just think it's more likely to be about some chick....
"So now I wander through my days
And try to find my ways
To the feelings that I felt
I saved for you and no one else

And though as long as this road seems
I know it's called the street of dreams"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Hmmm I get what you're saying, re-reading the lyrics but I just think it's more likely to be about some chick....
And try to find my ways

I alsways thought it was about stephanie seymour but now that i read the lyrics again whie thinking about slash i kind of see it. Sorry to me is probably more about slash then street of dreams is

Just now, lukigol said:

oh man, Jungle sounds so strong

You don't even know. As soon as he rasped the first line i knew it was gonna be good. top 5 version this tour

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

And try to find my ways

That's the common thought but I see no reason why that couldn't be applied towards any person, male or female. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly. I've never believed Sorry is about Slash but I really believe The Blues is. 

I'm with you on that - Street of Dreams is all about Slash. ^^  I'd still like to hear them play it though.  I believe Sorry references Slash, even if it's not about him in its entirety.  The whole album references Slash, here and there, imo.

N.B. I thought Axl didn't like The Blues as a title?  Didn't he say he changed his mind because it didn't suit the song?  I thought that was from a chat on here, or am I imaging that?

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's the common thought but I see no reason why that couldn't be applied towards any person, male or female. 

There are also these lines:

What I thought was beautiful
Don't live inside of you
Anymore

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

That's what I've always thought.  So they've played Sorry, Prostitute, nothing to stop them playing SOD.  I'm adding it to my wish list anyway. ;)

I honestly think that Prostitute is about Axl and his back story with the music business and his time spent in the wilderness years. Just my opinion... :headbang:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

I honestly think that Prostitute is about Axl and his back story with the music business and his time spent in the wilderness years. Just my opinion... :headbang:

Ah, that's a good one.  Different people will interpret songs in different ways, that's how it's meant to be.  I personally love hearing other people's take on songs and what it means to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I agree with most of your opinions, and don't even deny "Street of Dreams"/"The Blues" could be about Slash, but - as others have pointed out - the general public seems to view "Sorry" as being more directly about Slash, and they have played that a few times. We'll get "Street of Dreams" at some point when Axl feels ready for it. I mean just look at the timeline regarding this lineup and Chinese Democracy until now...

January 2016: The band officially announces Slash and Duff rejoined the group.

MyGNR Board: They aren't going to play any Chinese Democracy songs

April 2016: Troubadour and Vegas shows: Band plays "Chinese Democracy," "Better," and "This I Love."

MyGNR Board: Ok, they might play some of the staples of the album, but we surely won't hear anymore songs from this album.

April 2016-August 2016: Mexico and North American stadium tour: band plays "There was a Time," "Catcher in the Rye," and "Sorry." 

MyGNR Board: Ok, we DEFINITELY won't hear anymore from this album. 

October 2017: Band plays "Madagascar," "Prostitute," and makes "There was a Time" a more consistent song in the set list. 

This is not supposed to be cheeky, just to be shown that Axl clearly considers these songs on equal footing with older Guns N' Roses material and nothing seems to be off the table. I consider nothing an impossibility, but the songs that would truly surprise me would be "Shackler's Revenge" (very different from anything Slash has played before) and "Riad n' the Bedouins" (only because this has not been played since 2002, and was only played occasionally then). Who knows, "Shackler's Revenge" may not even be that long of a shot since we saw Duff play it in 2014 . 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 1