11/03/17 - Louisville, KY - KFC Yum! Center

gunsguy

So we got some Mickey, some Demon Axl slipping out here and there and I'm pretty sure Coma was flubbed, or maybe I just f'd it up but regardless, tonight was amazing. Prostitute, Yesterdays, Used to Love Her, Catcher, Madagascar, all songs I have yet to see live. I really can't put into words the raw energy that's on that stage. 

• Like 1

Went to the show. It was absolutely amazing. Slash was definitely the star of the show. It really revolves around him. The place was packed. I was in section 108 which wasn't too bad. Axl sounded pretty damn good I must say. Honestly when you are there you don't notice the things that you hear in the cell phone recordings, that or this is the first show that he didn't do some of the weird voice stuff. I don't pretend to be a big Chinese democracy album fan but the songs that I and it seemed most everybody around me didnt care for were Catcher in the Rye and Wichita Lineman. Axl sounds good on Black Hole Sun. Really it was just a great show. First time I have seen them and the band did not disappoint. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Can someone post the complete setlist, please?

1. Intro
    (Introduction Presentation)
  2. (Wings cover)
  3. (Misfits cover) (with "You Can't Put Your Arms more )
  4. (Axl introduces the band)
  5. (Johnny B Goode jam)
  6. (Nino Rota cover)
  7. (Jimmy Webb cover)
  8. (Pink Floyd cover) (Slash & Richard Fortus guitar duet)
  9. ("Layla" by Derek and the more )
  10. (Soundgarden cover)
  11. (Bob Dylan cover) (with "Only Women Bleed" intro)
  12. Encore:
  13. (with "Melissa" intro)
  14. (The Who cover)

5 hours ago, charliehoodger said:

Wait a fucking minute..is that Arena REALLY called the KFC YUM! Center???

Axl actually made a comment during the show about it.  It was something along the lines of: " Wait a minute, we're playing at a place called the KFC Yum Arena? That rocks!"

4 hours ago, something.always said:

So we got some Mickey, some Demon Axl slipping out here and there and I'm pretty sure Coma was flubbed, or maybe I just f'd it up but regardless, tonight was amazing. Prostitute, Yesterdays, Used to Love Her, Catcher, Madagascar, all songs I have yet to see live. I really can't put into words the raw energy that's on that stage. 

*falls off chair*

Unreal. I am so fucking jealous.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Man I miss the show threads being 40 pages long. Remember all the streams and pics and discussion we got during the initial NA stadium run? 

To be fair, Louisville is probably the smallest market that they’ve played on this tour. (Not counting Hershey over the Summer.) I’ve driven through Louisville and Lexington many times when driving down to Nashville, and there’s not a whole lot going on in that area! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

To be fair, Louisville is probably the smallest market that they’ve played on this tour. (Not counting Hershey over the Summer.) I’ve driven through Louisville and Lexington many times when driving down to Nashville, and there’s not a whole lot going on in that area! 

Louisville rocked down last night - Seen the boys three times on this tour and this was the best yet - Louisville has a lot going on , sorry if u drive to NASHVILLE to go to a country music dive , Kentucky rocks hard !! fuck cell phones we are old school rockers , we are there to see the show 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Real McCoy said:

there’s not a whole lot going on in that area! 

That applies to the whole state, IMO. I've driven through a few times and it wasn't anything spectacular. I probably shouldn't talk about boring states considering I'm from Iowa

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Man I miss the show threads being 40 pages long. Remember all the streams and pics and discussion we got during the initial NA stadium run? 

Yeah, precious few vids from this show...is this the least number of videos for a show thread ever?  Can't find Prostitute anywhere.  But I guess interest is declining as the tour wraps up.  And there's only so many times people can discuss Axl's voice and the setlist etc because nothing changes there. The only point of interest lately has been for CD fans and there are so few of us! lol

There'll probably be a surge of general interest again for the last couple of shows.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Yeah, precious few vids from this show...is this the least number of videos for a show thread ever?  Can't find Prostitute anywhere.  But I guess interest is declining as the tour wraps up.  And there's only so many times people can discuss Axl's voice and the setlist etc because nothing changes there. The only point of interest lately has been for CD fans and there are so few of us! lol

There'll probably be a surge of general interest again for the last couple of shows.

These arenas seem to have very intermittent wifi which is why there have not been many streams and videos/pics. And if there are no streams there is not too much to comment on in the show threads. 

• Like 1

You guys are sleeping on Louisville. Kentucky Derby Festival, which is a week long party, Thunder over Louisville, the nation's largest fireworks display, Louder Than Life, a 2-day rock festival similar to Rock on the Range, Forecastle, one of the country's largest summer festivals, an awesome hardcore music scene, thriving food and arts scene. Louisville rocks, as for the rest of Kentucky? Stay away.

• Like 1