Which opening acts would you like to see at the NA tour?

49 minutes ago, downzy said:

AWOLnation

They're friends with Duff and Bruno's vocals would work well on a GNR song if Axl was looking for a guest vocalist.  

I met Aaron and Issac back in March and they told me that AWOL were actually going to open some shows on the South American tour last year but it fell through. Aaron seemed pretty disappointed, and I asked Issac if Loaded was ever going to do anything ever again and he told me that he's always in contact with Duff and he was even at the Troub show! 

Would be awesome as fuck. AWOL always brings it live. They are about to drop a new album, and it looks like all of the members will be a part of it... Perfect time to play some new shit for that fall tour! 

EDIT: Honestly, now that you mention this I could see them opening all of the California shows as that is where Issac, Marc and Aaron all live. Dan, the new keyboard player, and Zack's band IRONTOM is on tour from Nov 2-18 and the Cali GNR shows don't start until the 18th... Aw man this would be so cool 

los-angeles-california-usa-12th-dec-2015

Edited by KeyserSoze
  • Like 1

Deftones are incredibly boring. Thankfully I only had to see them once.

ZZ Top would have been great through the whole tour, but unfortunately I won't be able to catch them at the Texas shows.

Wish we would have gotten The Darkness.

I hope the fall openers are better than the summer openers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

I met Aaron and Issac back in March and they told me that AWOL were actually going to open some shows on the South American tour last year but it fell through. Aaron seemed pretty disappointed, and I asked Issac if Loaded was ever going to do anything ever again and he told me that he's always in contact with Duff and he was even at the Troub show! 

Would be awesome as fuck. AWOL always brings it live. They are about to drop a new album, and it looks like all of the members will be a part of it... Perfect time to play some new shit for that fall tour! 

EDIT: Honestly, now that you mention this I could see them opening all of the California shows as that is where Issac, Marc and Aaron all live. Dan, the new keyboard player, and Zack's band IRONTOM is on tour from Nov 2-18 and the Cali GNR shows don't start until the 18th... Aw man this would be so cool 

los-angeles-california-usa-12th-dec-2015

Thanks for the info.  Interesting to hear things almost happened in South America.  I'm crossing my fingers that they'll open for GNR in Toronto late October.  

I've been banging on for years that Bruno's vocals are the successor of what Axl was doing between 87-93.  Granted, very different style of music, but for anyone who likes the screechy, raspy vocals Axl is/was known for they should definitely give AWOLnation a listen.  

I did notice that they have no touring plans for most of this year and assumed it had something to do with new material.  I'm somewhat torn between them opening for GNR and seeing them do their own headline tour.  I wasn't the most thrilled when they kiboshed their own tour last year to open for Prophets of Rage (especially since they canceled one day prior to the Toronto show).  

50 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

If Hillbilly Herald is still together, I think they would have been great.. They deserve a break and I think they would go over well with the Guns fans.

Great band! I saw them open for Steel Panther a handful of times, and enjoyed the hell out of them! Jimmy is a hell of a crazy frontman!

• Like 1