Which opening acts would you like to see at the NA tour?

52 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

How has this not been announced yet?  I'm going to the Philadelphia show in two and a half weeks. Maybe there won't be an opener of any note?  

I don't get it either. I now have a work trip that means I won't make it to the show until like 8pm, so I'm kinda nervous.

On 9/20/2017 at 7:48 AM, RussTCB said:

I don't get it either. I now have a work trip that means I won't make it to the show until like 8pm, so I'm kinda nervous.

Just a thought... But maybe there will be no opener. Didn't they bump up the start time of the show? Maybe it will be an "evening with" Guns N' Roses and they are planning on planning on switching things up a bit?  How about a full set.. Intermission and then bust out the whole Appetite Album for the encore and it's 30th anniversary? With Steven and Izzy even!! hahah.. That was a stretch but the beginning of it may be possible..

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Just a thought... But maybe there will be no opener. Didn't they bump up the start time of the show? Maybe it will be an "evening with" Guns N' Roses and they are planning on planning on switching things up a bit?  How about a full set.. Intermission and then bust out the whole Appetite Album for the encore and it's 30th anniversary? With Steven and Izzy even!! hahah.. That was a stretch but the beginning of it may be possible..

BEATRAZR

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

That's a possibility, but it doesn't help my case with work travel that day lol

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yeah i'm honestly starting to think that there aren't going to be any openers

Didn't someone say they got an email from Ticketmaster that ZZ Top was opening the D.C. show?  I can't imagine they'd have openers for some of the arena dates and not others. 

22 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

Didn't someone say they got an email from Ticketmaster that ZZ Top was opening the D.C. show?  I can't imagine they'd have openers for some of the arena dates and not others. 

I got a Ticketmaster e-mail yesterday saying there are tix available for the Chicago show and it had the bloody bullet logo with ZZ Top under, but it looked like they just copy and pasted part of the Texas advertisement. ZZ Top are playing the southeast in early November so that's not going to happen. 

55 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

On August 16 Stryker posted in the NYC 10/15/17 thread that "According to an email sent out by Ticketmaster, ZZ Top will open all three MSG shows."

But given that ZZ Top is still selling tickets for their 10/15/17 show in Baltimore, that seems unlikely.  I asked him to post a copy of that email (though he didn't specifically say he received the email) but... nothing.

Axl_morris then posted later in that thread that "ZZ are down to support 12th & 16th," whatever that means.

Figured I'd give an update on the only concrete evidence we have of an opener so far. Not sure if anyone remotely cares, but this is big for me because it could mean the crossover of my two favorite bands of all time.

Okay so my only evidence that AWOLNATION is going to be opening the first part of this tour is all over the place, so stay with me. 

AWOLNATION currently has 2 members of another band named Irontom touring with them, Zack and Dan. Irontom are about to be on the road opening for this fairly small band Arkells. That tour starts on October 4th and goes to October 7th. On October 7th, both bands play San Francisco, then the tour drops off for another month. Both Irontom and Arkells don't tour again till November 2nd in Detroit.... That's almost a full month. Odd right? 

On October 8th, one day after Irontoms members come off tour is the day GNR start their tour in Philly. When Irontom and Arkells do in fact go back on tour, its November 2nd in Detroit, the same night GNR play Detroit.... 

Zack (AWOL/Irontom Guitarist) has been known to fly around the US to catch both Irontom and AWOLNATION shows within the span of 24 hours, so I don't see it being a problem getting from Cali to Philly in 24 hours. 

Theres also the fact that AWOL were supposed to open for GNR in South America....

But as we all know, could be something, could be nothing. 

#ididthemath #CSImygnr

Edited by KeyserSoze

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Guns N' Roses should be opening for ZZ Top. Absolute legends.

True. But they are playing a shortened setlist anyway. Wouldn't make much sense when the opening act plays a longer show than the main act