Loudest show you've been to

lame ass security

Someone mentioned in the Denver thread that they felt Metallica and Iron Maiden shows were louder than Guns. I thought that was somewhat surprising. Anyway, just made me curious, what was the loudest show, or shows, you've been to?  In '98 I attended a Marilyn Manson show in St. Louis at the Fox Theater, which has a capacity of around 4,000(est). They had enough gear and PA for a venue 5 times that large. I was seriously hearing impaired the rest of that night. Pretty scary to be in that condition.

Edited by lame ass security
Wording

Alice In Chains at Deer Lake Park (near Vancouver), in 2013. Didn't help that I was front row.

Otherwise the only other one that sticks out is Yelawolf when I saw him in a club in 2016. The bass was so loud that my nostrils shook. :lol:

also, this will get moved to My World in 3..... 2...... 1......

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

From big shows I think Iron Maiden in 2009 (I said the thing OP is referring to) but for smaller shows I'll go with one that's from a festival, last year in Germany, Rock im Park. We went to the 3rd stage which is in a small arena after everything on 2 main ones was done and there was a band playing called Caliban, we left after 20-25 minutes and I literally couldn't hear a single thing for the next hour or two. Me and GF yelled at each other like idiots :lol: 

Edited by Nicklord

By far the loudest show I've ever been to was Airbourne, in a bar in KC. They had a fuckin Marshall stack big enough to play the Meadowlands in this pretty small bar. It was a great show, but it was a little over the top with the volume. I truly thought I damaged my hearing that night...

2nd was probably nugnr at the Midland Theatre in KC. I also remember my ears ringing something fierce after that one...

1 hour ago, Original said:

Psychedelic Furs late '80's.  Of course I was in front of speaker.   And Van Halen (reunion tour).  Eddies solo still hurts ears. I always bring plugs with.  *Dumbtones (Def) the other day may be number 3. 

You know that's what I thought about Deftones too......in St. Louis.  We walked in halfway through their set.  Their mix was terrible and it was overly loud.  Like drowned out the sound loud.  Certainly not the loudest I've ever been to, but it was loud AND sounded like shit.  I was worried GnR would sound terrible until I realized they were using their own PA.  

2 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Someone mentioned in the Denver thread that they felt Metallica and Iron Maiden shows were louder than Guns. I thought that was somewhat sueprising. Anyway, just made me curious, what was the loudest show, or shows, you've been to?  In '98 I attended a Marilyn Manson show in St. Louis at the Fox Theater, which has a capacity of around 4,000(est). They had enough gear and PA for a venue 5 times that large. I was seriously hearing impaired the rest of that night. Pretty scary to be in that condition.

When I saw Maiden earlier this month, they were definitely louder than any of the 4 Guns NITL shows I've been to and two of those were in the same building as Guns (T-Mobile).  Maiden was LOUD and sounded great...as did Ghost for that matter.  

1 hour ago, JustRnR said:

Motley Crue Albany NY 1990. My ears were ringing for days. 

I would agree, they played so loud you could feel It vibrating through your body as crazy as that sounds. Tommy Lee beating on the drums Is certainly something to hear live. 

Don't laugh at me. Saw The Pretty Reckless twice at House of Blues, where I also saw Axl's GnR cover band with DJ et al. TPR is easily the loudest act I've ever witnessed.  I usually complain shows aren't loud enough.  I could barely take TPR.  Btw, drum solo in Fucked Up World is killer. 

Edited by pumpkinfarthrh

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The bass was so loud that my nostrils shook. :lol:

Ted Nugent.  Overkill stacks of amps for a 1500 person venue.  He blew us right out to the lobby.  

This summer, Korn.  I was near the front of the pit and could feel my jeans (and nostrils!) vibrating.  :headbang:

• Like 1

Yeah the last ACDC show I went to was ear piercing. It was like when a 2 kids screams and it just straight through you. The GNR show in Adelaide wasn't loud enough my only thing I didn't like about the show it was pretty lame

Edited by Gibbo