Loudest show you've been to

lame ass security

• 10 months later...
On 9/8/2017 at 10:53 PM, CheapJon said:

Tribulation probably, opening for Ghost a couple of years back. Never heard an opening act playing louder than the main band.  I was way farther from the stage than usual but I was blown away by theyr loudness.   

Saw them opening for Arch Enemy on January and they weren't loud at all.

For me it was Lordi in 2015, a small venue but really loud with very bad sound. Saw them again in 2017 at an open air small festival, quieter and way better mixed. An electronic music festival I attended last summer was also reaaally loud, even with earplugs you could feel that bass blasting to you ears.

Unfortunately Journey believe it or not (I’ve seen them three times even though I’ve never cared to see them once! They’re always on the bill with someone I do want to see). That freaking Filipino Steve Perry clone’s high notes pierced my ears in such a way that I actually felt dizzy and light-headed. I felt sick the rest of the evening. Torture in many ways. 

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2017 at 11:51 AM, Mendez said:

Loudest was some local-ish ska band as part of a little mini fest. Shit instantly gave me ringing after like 2 songs. Tiny room that only fit about 100 people, with a too loud of a PA. Oddly enough the other bands that went on after them didn't have this problem

Saw Metallica a couple days ago and that was just a tiny notch too loud, but still completely enjoyable

I hate when a ska band is overly loud. There's so much going on in ska, it doesn't need to be overpowering. The Bosstones are sometimes a bit over the top in smaller venues, it's the one thing I don't like about them. 

My pick is an odd one - Dick Dale. You wouldn't think a surf guitarist would be that loud, but the first time I saw him it was literally panful after like, 2 songs. 

• 2 weeks later...