RATE: The best touring years of NU Guns

Best touring years for Nu Guns  

209 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a difficult choise between 2002 and 2006/07 for me. The best line-up is from 2002 but Axl's prime time was in 2006.

I chose the 2002 option because of Buckethead and the addition of Richard.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 4

I chose 2010. Saw two shows on this tour. Axl sounded great plus we had the CD songs that hadn't been played or will ever be played again (probably) axl was also coming on stage earlier (around 10..about 30 mins after Bach ended) and the set list was different due to the extra CD songs being put in and out. However I think the 06 lineup was the best and axl sounded great but the sets were pretty much the same every night and axl was still hitting the stage around midnight for the two shows I saw on this tour

• Like 1

Pedo walking cane :lol: 

I voted 2010.

I didn't see any of the other NuGnR shows before that because Axl cancelled the 01 show I had a ticket for and I kind of gave up on him after that. 

I decided to go and see him in 2010 because I thought I might regret not ever taking the chance. He was awesome, the rest of the band not so much. Still, it's a great memory for me :) 

Went with 2002 for Bucket.  Was tempted to go with 2009/10 because I saw em a couple times and Axl was kicking ass, but having not been able to follow band closely I remember the curtain going downing and seeing this goon doing hogan ears on a high rise and wondering "who the fuck is that guy?!?!" And Im not even kidding I could tell it was not Brain with out looking.  

• Like 1

Fat Axl era.

The Up Close and Personal show was probably the most fun I'd had at a nuGuns show.

Ashba and BFFag are shit but they at least play the songs they way they're supposed to, instead of out of tune and shitty, like Robin Finck did.

Also, best variety of the setlist with AFD songs plus Estranged, Civil War, CD songs like Catcher and sometimes even TWAT.

Better to see them in a club than in a half empty arena too.

I'm probably the only one that thinks so, but as a whole of the four NuGuns shows I went to from 2002 to 2012, the last one was hands down the most FUN.

I liked that Axl was taking Guns in a different direction. Buckethead was phenomenal to see live. The whole sound had me excited for a new album.

2006 is a close second because while it's essentially the same lineup with Bumblefoot replacing Buckethead and Frank taking over for Brain, the 2002 sound was gone. Axl's vocal performances were pretty great though.

Another vote for 2009/2010 from me. I believe I saw them at their peak as a touring band (2009-South America 2010), the Canadian tour was fantastic. Ron played far better than he had on the '06/07 tour, DJ was still tolerable (how he became worse over time is still kind of amazing to me), and the setlists.... the setlists were amazing. They were all over the place. When I saw them in Calgary they did 9 CD songs (and brought out Bubbles for a while). And of course, Axl was incredible.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

2006, because of Axl presence and the band start to look more "normal". But honestly it just because 2006 Axl is the best Axl for me, his voice were great, and the entire band get massive lift up solely because Axl presence, he looks very great (maybe not the braid) and mature version of younger Axl, while younger Axl seems like misguided young man who thinks that the world is out ta get him, this 2006 Axl looks a mob boss who i won't be suprised if he murder someone. Even VR with more GNR member inside looked dull compared to Nu Guns solely because 2006 Axl.

On the band side, as much i love Buckethead as musician he never able to really blend with the band on stage, So even BBF was downgrade in terms of technical ability, he was better fit. Finck also leaves his goth style in this era, which is good, on other hand we still had Brain on the drums, he was a beast on drums, and the best drummer that GNR ever had.

• Like 1