Were you expecting new music at Rock In Rio 2011?

ShadowOfTheWave

Were you expecting new songs at Rock In Rio 2011?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was expecting the return of some rarities like Estranged, Civil War, Yesterdays, Oh My God, Riad, Silkworms, etc.

in the end what we got was Estranged, a rehearsal of Oh My God, and Civil War a few shows later. Not bad, but I was expecting more.

i wasn't, however, expecting new songs. Idk why. At the time it just didn't feel right. I think GNR had already crossed into full nostalgia mode in my mind by that point.

Edited by rocknroll41

I actually remember a little more now. The U.S. leg of the ChiDem tour still hadn't happened yet at that point, so I figured that Axl probably still wanted to "keep the focus on Chinese," as he worded it back then. That's why I didn't expect new music.

That, and also we all already knew that the RHOF induction was right around the corner, so my guess at the time was that Axl probably wanted to keep his cards close to his chest, so to speak, cause even he probably didn't know what line-up he would end up working with like 6 months later from that point in time.

but at the end of the day, we can only speculate. 

• 1 month later...

I remember i was very happy we got Pro Shot and yes, I expect new music. Before Rock In Rio 2011, i was watching many videos from YouTube from the '10 Tour. His voice was amazing and very sharp & raspy.

and then Axl hit the stage... ugh