Slash not too excited to take any pictures at Nashville airport

7 minutes ago, Rubicon said:

Just a speculation... if I'd been flying coach instead of the bad ass GNR airplane I'd be in a freaking bad mood :P

Imo, if he was in a bad mood, it would probably be because the guy was being annoying to him. Just being a stalker and not showing him any respect.

Not everybody likes taking pictues -Slash isnt a millennial nor am I - Prime example I went to the HENDRIX EXPERIENCE to see ZAKK- KWS-BUDDY GUY and  a bunch of guitar players slay JIMI numbers - I noticed Billy Cox was  in the lobby of the venue signing autographed cd's of his new album and taking pics for 20 bucks - Billy is a great guy - I went over to him and thanked him for his contributions to music and also his service to the country @FT KNOX in my home state - we had  a 10 to 15 minute conversation about music - I was wearing a PANTERA t shirt - he said u like Metal I see - I was like yes sir - he gave  me autographed cd I didnt ask for it or try to pay for it - I told him have a great show and he said lets take a picture - My first instinct was I said "I don't do the picture thing "  he said ok - then my buddies as I started to walk away  said BILLY COX wants a picture with you dumbass - then it hit me - how cool was that of him to ask  me - we had a great music talk about SLASH- ZAKK - VAI - HENDRIX and so own - I met his beautiful wife and Daughter - great family - I took the picture with a superstar in the music world  an he asked me pretty cool since I said no - Some people are shy like myself and don't want that its not being a prick because u don't want your pic took - it is a millennial thing not for me but glad I did 

Edited by TMAC20

20 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Not everybody likes taking pictues -Slash isnt a millennial nor am I - Prime example I went to the HENDRIX EXPERIENCE to see ZAKK- KWS-BUDDY GUY and  a bunch of guitar players slay JIMI numbers - I noticed Billy Cox was  in the lobby of the venue signing autographed cd's of his new album and taking pics for 20 bucks - Billy is a great guy - I went over to him and thanked him for his contributions to music and also his service to the country @FT KNOX in my home state - we had  a 10 to 15 minute conversation about music - I was wearing a PANTERA t shirt - he said u like Metal I see - I was like yes sir - he gave  me autographed cd I didnt ask for it or try to pay for it - I told him have a great show and he said lets take a picture - My first instinct was I said "I don't do the picture thing "  he said ok - then my buddies as I started to walk away  said BILLY COX wants a picture with you dumbass - then it hit me - how cool was that of him to ask  me - we had a great music talk about SLASH- ZAKK - VAI - HENDRIX and so own - I met his beautiful wife and Daughter - great family - I took the picture with a superstar in the music world  an he asked me pretty cool since I said no - Some people are shy like myself and don't want that its not being a prick because u don't want your pic took - it is a millennial thing not for me but glad I did 

Spot on

I'm a huge fan of Guns and Slash in particular, but I have no real desire to get a picture with them. 

If I saw any of them, I wouldn't ask.  Or any celebrity for that matter.  They are people that have things to do in their lives and go through different emotions like all of us.

Even if they are polite at times, I'm sure its really annoying having people you don't really know asking for photos.  

Especially people that are bothering you and subsequently taking photos of you from behind while you are just sitting peacefully on a plane.

1 hour ago, TMAC20 said:

Terrific bassist. Love his playing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GN'R MEX said:

looool   ¿what does he say?

You're a top man

You are Slash

Some like roasted

But I prefer mash :lol:

Not everyone's type of humor, but he's been doing that on a program called Soccer A.M which airs in the UK for years. He was genuinely heartbroken when he was talking about it on the show after it aired.

• Like 1

The pictures that this guy took after Slash declined to take a photo with him fully justify Slash saying no, honestly. And if the guy were a real fan, he'd have moved on, not followed Slash around taking creepshots for the rest of the day.

Im a wrestling fan. Listen to interviews with wrestlers, and they all say the same thing: the two places they hate being approached are airports and the gym, and even then, they'll try to be as polite as possible until they get pushed over the edge. I'm sure being a rock star is the same way. Airports etc are going to be full of people who might recognize you and cause a scene, and nobody likes going through the airport. 

I don't think there's any doubt that this dude's post demonstrates someone being rude and uncool. It ain't Slash.

• Like 2

Airports are one of the worst places to ask someone for a pic or autograph right up there while they are eating.

Traveling sucks and most people are tired when at airports.  Don't bug people when they are out and about.  Give them their space.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

Airports are one of the worst places to ask someone for a pic or autograph right up there while they are eating.

Traveling sucks and most people are tired when at airports.  Don't bug people when they are out and about.  Give them their space.

Agreed

stop being a little bi+ch about another man not wanting to take a picture with you. you are not entitled to anything from slash besides good music. yea, it would be cool as hell to get a picture with him, but dont act like a baby, hes a 50+ year old man that has had to take pictures for millions of people. you have no idea what went on in his day or what type of mood he was in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dean said:

You're a top man

You are Slash

Some like roasted

But I prefer mash :lol:

Not everyone's type of humor, but he's been doing that on a program called Soccer A.M which airs in the UK for years. He was genuinely heartbroken when he was talking about it on the show after it aired.

lol his tone it's funny so ¿slash seems to have fun with this right he smile?

16 hours ago, WindsorBoy147 said:

Speculation is a bad thing.....Unless you know the facts

Man... you didn't get the memo where this was just a joke, huh?

For Christ sake: I don't really care who is rude or not or who staked him or whatever.
Fact is: Slash chose to be a rock star. So f***ing deal with those creepy people... If that's his way of dealing with it: fine!
I just hope that he'll be nicer to the fans who buy his records and GNR tickets that pay for his divorce...

1 hour ago, Rubicon said:

Man... you didn't get the memo where this was just a joke, huh?

For Christ sake: I don't really care who is rude or not or who staked him or whatever.
Fact is: Slash chose to be a rock star. So f***ing deal with those creepy people... If that's his way of dealing with it: fine!
I just hope that he'll be nicer to the fans who buy his records and GNR tickets that pay for his divorce...

Lame argument. He didnt choose to be a rock star.he became one cause he was talented. Plus, just because someone buys your product, they're not entitled to you, or your time or you being nice to them. Doesnt work that way.

Top right and bottom left pictures I find unbelievably weird,

Screenshot_20170807-121959.thumb.jpg.ea0

As I said earlier, it is like he is treating Slash as a public landmark.

What would be his description of those two pictures one wonders? ''Look at me in front of Slash walking through an airport''. What a wanker. Slash certainly must have seen him beforehand taking those pictures and thought to himself, ''why would you possibly want that photo? What purpose does it serve?'' - well, throw in a few ''when all things are considereds'' if we are paraphrasing Slash!

Yet, this is becoming fairly normal behaviour in the age of the 'selfie'!

Edited by DieselDaisy
elaboration
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Terrific bassist. Love his playing.

A great man as cool as u get - his stories on Jimi were outstanding - he told me to  look up on youtube Slash jamming with him - i did - it was killer - he opened the show - he and his band killed it