Hated Illusions Songs??

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Coma swapped for another gem like Locomotive.. I think that would be incredible actually... DTJ could also be swapped out for some other UYI track at this point. They could easily replace a CD song or two to make room for some classic Gn'R songs.. 

I would be so bummed if knowing they played Coma and DTJ all this tour, I went to see them and they didn't do them. No matter what else they played in their place. :(

On 8/8/2017 at 9:27 PM, Dimezy said:

Why are Bad Apples, Back Off Bitch, So Fine and others hated on? 

Bad apples isnt the best song goin but its alright and its got a sick chorus i reckon. Back off bitch is groovy as fuck and i love the vibe of it, was one of my favourites for awhile.

So Fine gets boring but it gives UYI  a bit more variety with a chill slow sad song and i dig the melodic guitars, probably something id listen to if i was feelin down hahaha

Another one is Shotgun Blues, nothing amazing but still a good song

My world can fuck off but 😂

Back Off Bitch is great. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2017 at 11:30 AM, EvanG said:

Like in So Fine when he is making those perverted noises during the intro or the low ''YEAH'' at the end of the song... I don't get it. And it's mostly on songs that aren't written by him. I wonder what the other guys thought of it, I'd be pissed off if someone did that to my song. I'm not sure if it was Izzy's idea to have this quasi-funny ''you dig... what I'm saying'' at the end of the chorus, but it doesn't benefit the song. At least not in my opinion.

Lol! For years this stuff annoyed me , i had to practice ignoring it, Axl tried to kill theses songs with his "humor" and I think it was def him, not Izzy, who added the weird shit in because he can't be ignored, must stick out like sore thumb on other's songs and it's corny, Izzy is too cool for such cheese . I love Breakdown , top stuff, but that "let me hear it Now" made me feel embarrassed for them until I conditioned myself like Pavlov's dog to accept but it was jarring and cringey. The pervert sounds on so fine, hahaha, I'm dying , so damn true , they kill me 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2017 at 4:35 PM, DieselDaisy said:

He went a bit mad with his movie samples. There is also that weird phone call on Knockin' on Heaven's Door. The robotic voice on Get in the Ring is as equally annoying as the rant.

Is the weird phone call from a film? I think he wants to be involved with film scores and this was some intro to it for him . He does use quite a few like on civil war. 

a

I can't believe people hate these songs, I never knew this. So are many people just into appetite? How? Youre missing half of what made GnR! They don't exist without UYI I & II. Yeah, my world is just some weird outro,  not a song and sure, can jangle one's nerves, but how can anyone hate The Garden or Perfect Crime ? Locomotive is a masterpiece as well as breakdown and estranged. The weakest song of the two illusion albums is so fine but it would get a 7 whereas most others get a 10 with a few 9s. Don't damn me is great. Dust n bones , great. The lyrics for Garden of eden are pretty awesome . I love dead horse and of course coma . Bad apples & civil war are great . So many good songs . I wish they would put more of these songs on to the set list but they are probably too hard to perform live at this point although hearing slash on locomotive would be pretty cool. Ok this is a hate thread I was just surprised regarding the extent of it but to stick with the subject , lol, so fine is weak particularly with the "perv noises"', and my world is just nerve jangling  . 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pishy said:

I can't believe people hate these songs, I never knew this. So are many people just into appetite? How? Youre missing half of what made GnR! They don't exist without UYI I & II. Yeah, my world is just some weird outro,  not a song and sure, can jangle one's nerves, but how can anyone hate The Garden or Perfect Crime ? Locomotive is a masterpiece as well as breakdown and estranged. The weakest song of the two illusion albums is so fine but it would get a 7 whereas most others get a 10 with a few 9s. Don't damn me is great. Dust n bones , great. The lyrics for Garden of eden are pretty awesome . I love dead horse and of course coma . Bad apples & civil war are great . So many good songs . I wish they would put more of these songs on to the set list but they are probably too hard to perform live at this point although hearing slash on locomotive would be pretty cool. Ok this is a hate thread I was just surprised regarding the extent of it but to stick with the subject , lol, so fine is weak particularly with the "perv noises"', and my world is just nerve jangling  . 

Such a good idea Locomotive.  I don't know why they don't do it. Instrumental, no vocals like the jam session with Jeff Beck, Paris 92.  It would give Axl a break and it would be a fucking incredible jam that also gives them plenty of scope to improvise and is up-temp enough to keep casual fans interested. 

Apart from Locomotive, so many of the UYI songs are too demanding of Axl vocally, as you pointed out. 

The most requested song I've seen in the show threads is Perfect Crime, which would be an absolute horror for Axl to sing.  He just about killed himself singing it live back in the day, never mind now, so I'm never sure why anyone has a desire to see that epically fucked up.  I think it should stay in the past where it belongs.  

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

@myprettytiedupmichelle I think that would be cool with Locomotive. I am one of those people hoping for Perfect Crime to be played and was thinking about it when I said some songs would probably just not be possible live. It is on the alternate list but maybe Slash put it there or Axl after someone suggested it but he has no intention of doing it.  But he is singing a lot of other challenging songs , we are just thinking of immediate intensity and determining difficulty , I'm not a singer , what so I know, haha!