AxlRoseCDII

What do we know about Axl as Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith?

21 posts in this topic

GTA San Andreas is an awesome game and is made even better with my favorite frontman of all time hosting my favorite genre's radio station. He has same great lines, even referencing the song Patience in one. Ive looked over the years and never found an arbitrary answer on why or how Axl, in the year 2004, as CD was in limbo ended up as his role. Does anyone know anything about it or does this just fall in the abyss of endless Guns mysteries? What do you guys think? (I'm sure this thread has been created before but I don't wanna bump a thread from 2014 :P ) 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

A lot of work was done on the album in 2004 and was slated for a November release which would've been just after San Andreas came out in October.

The San Andreas soundtrack was released on Interscope which was Guns label at the time. 

Edited by Wagszilla
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Axl had spending lots of time in NY both personally and professionally. Rockstar is based in the city as well.

The Housers and Lazlow are huge 80s nerds (Vice City, anyone) and 80s metal in particular. I'm guessing a simple inquiry about the soundtrack to Interscope started the conversation or maybe they ran into one another doing recording / casting sessions for the game. You never know.

Lazlow produced the sessions with Axl and even still has the DAT tapes.

Edited by Wagszilla
1 person likes this

I fuckin' love the fact he was the DJ for K-DST on SA!

Also Jungle on the soundtrack ooh weee ;-D

Wasn't one of the other stations in the game called K-ROSE? Kinda funny that that wasn't his station lol.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Wasn't one of the other stations in the game called K-ROSE? Kinda funny that that wasn't his station lol.

I thought it was more ironic that he didn't voice the station that played Welcome to the Jungle :lol:

3 people like this

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I thought it was more ironic that he didn't voice the station that played Welcome to the Jungle :lol:

It makes total sense though since the game was based in 1992 and Radio X was new "hip" station.

Tommy Nightmare Smith was an old washed up rocker that loves the old days and complains about the new stuff.

1 person likes this

40 minutes ago, James Bond said:

One of the greatest video games ever made.

Even the controller smashing missions couldn't take away from its brilliance.

I fucking hated that RC plane mission when I was a kid lol.

3 people like this

The flying tutorial missions in the desert sucked balls as well. And that one on the back of the motorbike with Big Smoke, absolute twat of a mission.

2 people like this

Just mad nobody posted the audio 

"Here comes Amos!" 

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

the soundtrack is one of the best ever. i don't even listen to country and even i was singing "alllll my exes live in texxxaaaass" while driving country side.

Playing with Queen of Hearts lolololol

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

It makes total sense though since the game was based in 1992 and Radio X was new "hip" station.

Tommy Nightmare Smith was an old washed up rocker that loves the old days and complains about the new stuff.

It doesn't even make sense to be on Radio X which was the grunge station. I think the DJ introduces it like she was listening to it because it made her parents angry. :lol:

On 8/11/2017 at 10:45 AM, TupacShakur said:

he needs to return for the next gta

Sorry, but he's dead in the GTA universe. Choked on his own vomit. 

2 people like this

i challenge anyone to a car race on any gta

"For those of you just coming to consciousness next to an ugly chick in a strange bed with beer cans and underwear across the floor, run the hell out and get to the clinic."

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

The flying tutorial missions in the desert sucked balls as well. And that one on the back of the motorbike with Big Smoke, absolute twat of a mission.

I hated those missions. I remember finally completing one and the relief i felt as i was landing....then after i landed it told me to park in the hanger

I ended up clipping the wing of the plane on the side of the hanger and the plane blew up :anger:

7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Ive still never beat that mission :lol: 

Thank god it wasn't mandatory.

Edited by -W.A.R-
2 people like this

10 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Supply Lines was pretty tough yeah.

They even patched it on future pressings of the game to make it easier.

Fun times

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

That was literally the last mission i ever completed in that game. Came back and done it at the end, lol.

1 person likes this