What do we know about Axl as Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith?

GTA San Andreas is an awesome game and is made even better with my favorite frontman of all time hosting my favorite genre's radio station. He has same great lines, even referencing the song Patience in one. Ive looked over the years and never found an arbitrary answer on why or how Axl, in the year 2004, as CD was in limbo ended up as his role. Does anyone know anything about it or does this just fall in the abyss of endless Guns mysteries? What do you guys think? (I'm sure this thread has been created before but I don't wanna bump a thread from 2014 :P ) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Wasn't one of the other stations in the game called K-ROSE? Kinda funny that that wasn't his station lol.

I thought it was more ironic that he didn't voice the station that played Welcome to the Jungle :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I thought it was more ironic that he didn't voice the station that played Welcome to the Jungle :lol:

It makes total sense though since the game was based in 1992 and Radio X was new "hip" station.

Tommy Nightmare Smith was an old washed up rocker that loves the old days and complains about the new stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

The flying tutorial missions in the desert sucked balls as well. And that one on the back of the motorbike with Big Smoke, absolute twat of a mission.

I hated those missions. I remember finally completing one and the relief i felt as i was landing....then after i landed it told me to park in the hanger

I ended up clipping the wing of the plane on the side of the hanger and the plane blew up :anger:

7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I fucking hated that RC plane mission when I was a kid lol.

Ive still never beat that mission :lol: 

Thank god it wasn't mandatory.

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1