What happens to city specific merchandise after the show is over?

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I noticed a Hershey bar Guns n Roses shirt that my daughter would love. Does anyone know how one might get their hands on it, without paying $100 on eBay? Has anyone run into similar issues? Any thoughts???

I've wondered what happens to the GN'R merch. I saw the Stones a couple years back in Detroit, then the next day I was shopping at Dearborn Music and the owner said "Didn't you see the Stones last night? If so, you need to stop at Goodwill next door because they just got all the left over merch". I went into the Goodwill and I shit you not, every shirt I'd seen the night before was there in every size for $5 each.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Keep us posted if you actually check this out and it turns out to be accurate.

I meant to mention that they had the Detroit merch (from the Stones) and Indianapolis too. There were some Stones shirts with a checkered flag behind the tongue logo and the back said something like "INDY......Insert Date Here....I WAS THERE". Then they had the same shirts for Detroit with the skyline in the background or whatever.

I've checked that same Goodwill location after a couple of other major shows that came through and haven't seen anything like that so I'm not sure how it all works out. If anything, it might even be worth calling the Goodwill locations closest to the venue after each city to ask if they got shirts in or have any idea what the rhyme or reason is.

7 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

You shouldn't buy city specific merchandise, but something more special... like this...can you tell why it's so special?;)

(this is not new, so many of you have probably seen this already) 

C6Sl2F2WAAE97No.jpg:large

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.............(in a very bad way)........................is that real or shopped??? Sorry for my ignorance on this but I've never seen that before. 

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I meant to mention that they had the Detroit merch (from the Stones) and Indianapolis too. There were some Stones shirts with a checkered flag behind the tongue logo and the back said something like "INDY......Insert Date Here....I WAS THERE". Then they had the same shirts for Detroit with the skyline in the background or whatever.

I've checked that same Goodwill location after a couple of other major shows that came through and haven't seen anything like that so I'm not sure how it all works out. If anything, it might even be worth calling the Goodwill locations closest to the venue after each city to ask if they got shirts in or have any idea what the rhyme or reason is.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.............(in a very bad way)........................is that real or shopped??? Sorry for my ignorance on this but I've never seen that before. 

I saw it in this this post for the first time.. it's from Twitter. 

22 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I saw it in this this post for the first time.. it's from Twitter. 

Holy shitballs. I hope to god that's shopped/faked. That's worse than the Ozzy "remasters" where they replaced the bass & drum tracks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

After a show ends, the unpurchased merchandise goes into the vault along with Paul Tobias and hundreds of unreleased songs.

😅👌

After a show ends, the unpurchased merchandise goes into the vault along with Paul Tobias and hundreds of unreleased songs.

😅👌

😅👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

For me is photosopped

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But it is a '1987 model Axl and Duff' with a 1987 Adler but also with a modern Richard Fortus and Slash!!!

Yup. That's why it's so special. The merchandise should be about AFD and someone fucked it up.:P Izzy is missing (again)and  instead we get to see Richard's man boob. Charming.

DFJOfvfVwAE7zSg.jpg:large

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Yup. That's why it's so special. The merchandise should be about AFD and someone fucked it up.:P Izzy is missing (again)and  instead we get to see Richard's man boob. Charming.

DFJOfvfVwAE7zSg.jpg:large

Izzy is probably missing because he wouldn't consent to the use of his image (or whoever made the merch couldn't get in touch with him).

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I've wondered what happens to the GN'R merch. I saw the Stones a couple years back in Detroit, then the next day I was shopping at Dearborn Music and the owner said "Didn't you see the Stones last night? If so, you need to stop at Goodwill next door because they just got all the left over merch". I went into the Goodwill and I shit you not, every shirt I'd seen the night before was there in every size for $5 each.

But hes not asking about Stones merch.. ;)

Last year the Bullet T's for the NA tour went on their website. But im not sure i can see it happening this year.

Im took out a nightrain membership and my t shirt is getting sent in September, so i think a big overhaul of the store is due then, maybe some will end up on there.

Edited by Axl_morris

I sent an email to the GNR webstore last week to see if they were going to sell any of the current merch on the website and they replied back with there has been no communication from the band on selling on the website. Ive always seen some of slash's left over European tour merch on backstreetmerch.com and in the US rockabilia.com. Maybe they will wait until the tour is over and then try and get rid of it online somewhere.

3 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

Last year the Bullet T's for the NA tour went on their website. But im not sure i can see it happening this year.

Im took out a nightrain membership and my t shirt is getting sent in September, so i think a big overhaul of the store is due then, maybe some will end up on there.

They were put up in advance and/or in line with the shows themselves and we're not designs for sale at the actual gigs, a key distinction. 

On another note, you lot do know there's a whole thread devoted to merch don't ya