GNR on SiriusXM Ch. 41 Opinions?

For the folks with SiriusXM taking advantage of the temporary GNR channel,

What are your thoughts on the content?

I obviously wish it would be a permanent channel. The mix of GNR tunes and the bands that influenced them or somehow connected with them is awesome.

Also really surprised how infrequently CD tracks are played. Since you would think Axl would oversee the content to an extent. 

I've enjoyed it. Basically my music playlist on "random". Would be interesting to know how popular it's been. Would love a new channel that maybe had Guns N' Roses and Metallica as "feature house bands"- and basically built out from there with inspirations, offshoots, side-projects, influences on, etc. Think it would do quite well... particularly with the late 30s - early 50s crowd which is probably a strong demo for Sirius considering cost...

34 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Gnr do not have nearly enough content to justify their own channel. More times than not when I flip to that channel, they are playing David bowie, the cult, ac/dc, etc, instead of GNR.

I totally agree. But that's exactly why I like it! A great mix of tunes with a heavy sprinkle of GNR. 

• Like 1

I have enjoyed it. I would like it if they kept it but would also understand if they got rid of it. I heard a commercial today for the new channel but I can't remember what it was.  It is starting Thursday. I was thinking maybe they could put the GNR channel on another channel if they decided on a long term deal. 

If they decide to get rid of it you can always listen to the station Paradise City on https://dashradio.com/  . It basically plays the same thing and it is free.

2 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I have enjoyed it. I would like it if they kept it but would also understand if they got rid of it. I heard a commercial today for the new channel but I can't remember what it was.  It is starting Thursday. I was thinking maybe they could put the GNR channel on another channel if they decided on a long term deal. 

If they decide to get rid of it you can always listen to the station Paradise City on https://dashradio.com/  . It basically plays the same thing and it is free.

Yeah I thinks it's Turbo or something. Faction was great! I wonder why that fell through. 

I listened to it leading up to the Apollo show. It was a cool idea but it kind of sucked.. They should have played a lot more Gn'R oriented music. They didn't play any Izzy solo stuff that I know of. They could have played a lot more Velvet Revolver, Snakepit, SMKC, JuJu Hounds, Neurotic Outsiders and so on.. 

• Like 2

It was great for the first 2 weeks but its boring now. If they played more solo stuff (more snakepit, Izzy, etc), bootleg and live stuff, more GNR and deep cuts, and mixed up the other band's and their songs itd be a lot better.

But yeah, GNR doesnt have enough material to justify a permanent station

• Like 2

I listened just for appolo show day and wasnt tempted to listen after.  No doubt this is at least partially due to the fact that I listen to old school radio and music on a stereo so this was not a preferred platform.  

Not sure exactly what Id been expecting but i was underwhelmed by the track selection 

I thought it was a nice effort but was really hoping for some rare tracks -- I listened a ton and heard Jungle from Coachella once, would have been nice for a few more 'rare' tracks to appear, even things that more dedicated fans have heard such as the Ritz '88 show or the Paris '92 show.  All in all it was a good effort by Sirius and I'm appreciative that GNR got the exposure.  Fingers crossed for new music somewhere in the near future.

• Like 1