Slash appointed Global Brand Ambassador for Gibson

40 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I wonder if he has a clause saying he can still use his bc rich Mockingbirds? 

That's actually a great question. Eddie Trunk was discussing that today on his satellite show. One of the guys mentioned how it was funny how Appetite wasn't even recorded with an Authentic Les Paul.  Haha. 

29 minutes ago, Mooch14 said:

That's actually a great question. Eddie Trunk was discussing that today on his satellite show. One of the guys mentioned how it was funny how Appetite wasn't even recorded with an Authentic Les Paul.  Haha. 

I was telling someone that today. That is why this is perfect for him. Everyone thinks of Les Paul's when they think of Slash.

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It would depend on what he was a brand ambassador for.

If he were a brand ambassador for Shure 58 wireless microphones, I'm sure everyone would be fine with it because that would make sense.

If he were a brand ambassador for amazingly over-priced shitty watches or amazing over-price shitty jackets, I'm sure everyone would be pissed.

WAR Tequila, coming soon!

• Like 2

Well Deserved -SLASH is out on the road with this tour killing it - letting a whole new generation  discover the  guitar - fuck yea- His whole career he has carried the torch - GIBSON AND SLASH are what  rock n roll are all about - Slash has carried the torch for a long time its only fitting that the biggest guitar brand in the world names the biggest name in the  guitar player world as it's first ever ambassador - As a man that loves playing guitar  and hearing guitar players wail this is as good as it gets !! CONGRATS SLASH WELL FUCKING DESERVED - #guitarslayer

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mooch14 said:

Yes i can picture his opening lines on an ambassadorial jaunt.." Hey guys if you can't get hold of a Derrig, the next best thing is a Gibson.....err which is why i always choose Gibson."

• Like 1

I am just wanting Gibson to release a left handed version of any Slash model. I have always wanted one.

I actually said this to Meegan on Instagram and she like my comment and responded that she was going to mention it to Slash. So maybe that helps a little.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tremolo said:

I think it's the other way around. When you think os Slash, other than the hat and the hair, the first thing that comes to mind is a Gibson Les Paul. 

Good for him I guess, and it makes total sense, he's been rocking the Les pauls for 30 years or so.

Personally, I love Les Pauls and the ES-335, but Gibsons are some of the most overpriced guitars considering the huge dip in quality of their products in the last 15 years.

Plus Henry J is a douche