How we got Slash to break his no photos with fans rule in Buffalo!

1 hour ago, Subtle Signs said:

It seems as though it is easier these days to get a photo with Axl  than it is with Slash. I am still trying to get pictures with as many GNR members as possible. I am up to about 18 members or so now. Over the NITL tour I have had Slash tell me no for a photo around 3 different times. Hey,that's life and if that were my biggest problem I'd be a lucky guy. The night before the show in Buffalo I met fans from Germany and Colombia. When we saw Slash pull in ,he waved but went inside the hotel only to come out a minute later after my new friend yelled "Slash, I came from Colombia! " Slash still said no photos as he began to sign for the two of us that had items. He gave in to the photo after the girls from Germany and the dude from Colombia asked again. The whole thing only lasted a couple minutes but it made my day knowing I helped these kids meet their idol. I now just need a photo with Izzy and I'll have the AFD 5.

received_10155533207752456.jpeg

Happy for you,  but  a pic with IZZY not seem possible 😑

• Like 2

The Slash situation seems kinda weird these days. Doesn't talk to the press or paparazzi anymore, and doesn't take pics with fans anymore unless it's rare cases like this one.

What happened? Does it have to do with the divorce settlement or something? Or was it part of the deal for the NITL tour? Or is he just at a point in his life where he wants to be left alone?

5 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

I wonder what made him have the no photo rule these days, while Axl suddenly is very open.

I can't say for certain but he probably wants to monetize it. I recall he hosted very expensive meet n greets a few years back during his solo shows. 

• Like 1

It seems it's easier when he is touring with Myles, although it depends of how many fans are waiting for him, I was waiting for him at Nice in 2015 and we were like 100 people out there, so the bodyguard told us he wasn't going to sign and put 2 barriers on the sides of the way to the bus, then Slash and Myles came out very fast with Slash only saying "hey guys!" and hiding at the bus.

Well, his profile is undeniably on a massive upwards trajectory atm so if he doesn't want to do photos he ain't gonna do photos and he can get away with it.  He probably likes Axl's media block.  Kinda understandable.  I'd get sick of the travelling circus of crazy fans, especially if there's 50+ of them on a regular basis.  I mean, you reach a certain age and you'd be like, enough of this shit. 

• Like 2

It's strange, he's always happy to sign but no photos. I guess if you actually made a point and spoke to him he might be more inclined, rather than just asking for a photo so hes feeling used as some sort of social media post. I don't know. 

Not going to take much credit away from him, he used to sign for hundreds of fans at the end of his solo shows and meets and takes pictures with whoever is lucky to get a vip ticket.

38 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I never understood why people think that musicians are in any way obliged to take pictures with fans or sign autographs or whatever...

I never once said that. I'm owed a good performance if I buy a ticket and the quality of a performance  in and of itself is subjective. Anything else like a picture or autograph is just a bonus. I've been turned down by Axl and Slash several times before finally getting them and not once would them saying no have any effect on my love of the music or them being my favorite band. 

• Like 3

I can understand if you're a kid or whatever but as an adult why you on anyones dick that much to wanna get your pic taken with em?  What you gonna do with it?  I mean there's two possible answers right, yes or no, if you're that bothered about the prospect of getting turned down why bother asking in the first place.  You like their songs, great...why does that suddenly extend to a desire to get a picture standing next to them like he's you're fuckin' in law or something?  You know the cunts are only doing it, if they do it at all, out of some sort of weird feeling of obligation and don't know you from fuckin' adam anyway so who cares?  These things generally tend to look uncomfortable.

I love a million bands and singers, never once occured to me to get my photo taken with em but then thats just me :shrugs:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I can understand if you're a kid or whatever but as an adult why you on anyones dick that much to wanna get your pic taken with em?  What you gonna do with it?  I mean there's two possible answers right, yes or no, if you're that bothered about the prospect of getting turned down why bother asking in the first place.  You like their songs, great...why does that suddenly extend to a desire to get a picture standing next to them like he's you're fuckin' in law or something?  You know the cunts are only doing it, if they do it at all, out of some sort of weird feeling of obligation and don't know you from fuckin' adam anyway so who cares?  These things generally tend to look uncomfortable.

I love a million bands and singers, never once occured to me to get my photo taken with em but then thats just me :shrugs:

Yeah Slash looks really uncomfortable here. He talked with us for a bit,signed a few things, thanked the fans for coming from so far away. I know you are probably just trying to keep up with your PUNK RAWK persona but if it makes someone happy to do this ,why do you care? I'll take the picture and frame it along with the ones I have with like 17 other GN'R members,look at it and smile and think of all the new friends I made and Countries/States I saw doing stuff like this.

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

The sad reality of this thread is realising there are least 18 members that have played in Guns N Roses..

I met/have pics with Axl,Slash,Duff,Adler,Dizzy,Matt, ,Tommy,Brain,Melissa,Fortus,Josh Freese, Pitman,Dj Ashba, Bumblefoot,Buckethead  and Frank. I also met Gilby and Tracii Guns but have no photos with them just autographs. 

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1