Whitesnake outdoes Guns n Roses. Who's next?

ludurigan

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

They do designer jeans?!? :lol: Who the fuck thats into designer clothes is gonna lay out for a pair of designer GnR jeans ahead of the other designers out there?

'where'd you get them jeans man, Balmain, True Religion, D squared?'

'uh, no, Guns n Roses!'

:lol:

Oh, there have been Guns N' Roses shaped seismic developments occurring during your sabbatical,

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-announces-guns-n-roses-was-here-an-exclusive-multi-brand-retail-experience-at-maxfield/

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/harley-davidson-guns-n-roses-announce-co-branded-merchandise-1735371

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Who needs 'new music' when you have ''an unprecedented curated collection...a new interpretation of their celebrated 1987 album with limited-edition capsule collections''?

I read that entire article thinking 'what the fuck are they selling?!?'.  Turns out it meant third rate clobber with the Appetite album cover on it, unless I'm mistaken? 

9 hours ago, Apollo said:

It's always a fun time when bands care enough about their fans to share new music with them. 

Nobody said LA Guns were on the same level as GnR. Not even close. 

But they share their music with their fans. They do lots of interviews. And you can go see them in a small club for $20 and find yourself chatting with the band. 

It's really silly to downgrade what is a great experience for fans of the band because that band isn't as "popular" as GnR, who are one of the biggest bands in rock history. 

Did anybody claim they were more talented? Should we only like the most popular bands in the world? I'm confused about your comment. 

I like lots of bands that aren't on the same level as GnR, U2 or Metallica. 

There's nothing to be confused about, they are literally an inferior band.   You like them or enjoy them, no problem.   

11 hours ago, default_ said:

LA Guns was actually a great band, they werent your typical hair metal band, they had guts and their songs show it, specially their first album. Music wise we cant compare them to GNR, but theyre waaay better than the likes of Poison, Warrant and even Skid Row. 

No love for Warrant, eh?

TBH, I don't care for them either, but ever since I saw this scene in Bad Grandpa, I kind of started digging "Cherry Pie" as cheesy and corny as it is. :lol:

Edited by Fourteenbeers

3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

There's nothing to be confused about, they are literally an inferior band.   You like them or enjoy them, no problem.   

No one claimed that they were on the same level.  I just find it amusing that whenever somebody says something that isn't 100% praising GnR, some people feel like they have to go into attack mode and downgrade the other bands being talked about. 

The Coverdale ripping Page off thing is a bit of a myth.  

It's funny that people bash on Page/Plant for ripping off old bands for their music. But then when Plant gets pissed at Coverdale for doing in album with Page....people take Plant's word as gospel? 

Were a couple of Whitesnake songs influenced by Led Zep? Of course. Just like pretty much every other 80s rock band in the world were influenced by them.

Coverdale had a nice run with Deep Purple in the early 70s. And for a 4-5 album run in the 80s and earlier 90s, Whitesnake was pretty huge in the rock world, scoring 10 top 20 songs on the Billboard rock chart. 

To dismiss him - or Whitesnake - is just confusing "personal preference" with what is actually factual information. 

With that said....Personally, I am not a huge fan of his voice. The one thing I can appreciate though is in him releasing 18 studio albums (deep purple, Whitesnake, solo). 

I can only dream of what my music world would be like of Axl Rose had released even half that amount. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Topic moved to My World, as the original story doesn't even mention GN'R. It's a Whitesnake item.

oh thanks!

So one of the members of the forum makes a (rather obvious) connection with GNR

thread gets some replies, people join the discussion

but it is probably not worth discussing it!

right?

because the author of "original story" didnt mention GNR!

isnt it lovely when someones jarmoes a thread?

and gives a proper reason to it?

such fun!

@ludurigan I didn't say that it wasn't worth discussing. Please don't put words in my mouth. 

This is the busiest Guns N' Roses forum. I'd have probably let it slide if GN'R weren't doing anything. But if I let this thread stay, I'd have to for a whole host of irrelevant topics. Then it wouldn't be a GN'R discussion board, would it?

Your thread got moved to a more relevant part of the forum, so there was a chance more Whitesnake fans might see it and participate. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

@ludurigan I didn't say that it wasn't worth discussing. Please don't put words in my mouth. 

This is the busiest Guns N' Roses forum. I'd have probably let it slide if GN'R weren't doing anything. But if I let this thread stay, I'd have to for a whole host of irrelevant topics. Then it wouldn't be a GN'R discussion board, would it?

Your thread got moved to a more relevant part of the forum, so there was a chance more Whitesnake fans might see it and participate. 

lovely answer

i just thought that if a thread was irrelevant them people just wouldnt reply to it

and then it would slide to page 2, 3, 4 and no one would have to bother with it

but of course i must be wrong about that!

PS: oh, when you have some free time please let me know the difference between an "irrelevant topic" (how you defined the thread) and a "topic not worth discussing" (the words I "put on your mouth")

oh, one more thing, did you notice how many replies this thread been getting since you moved it to a "more relevant part of the forum"

it's so hot right now!

59 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

lovely answer

i just thought that if a thread was irrelevant them people just wouldnt reply to it

and then it would slide to page 2, 3, 4 and no one would have to bother with it

but of course i must be wrong about that!

PS: oh, when you have some free time please let me know the difference between an "irrelevant topic" (how you defined the thread) and a "topic not worth discussing" (the words I "put on your mouth")

oh, one more thing, did you notice how many replies this thread been getting since you moved it to a "more relevant part of the forum"

it's so hot right now!

Relevancy= is it relevant to the Guns N' Roses? Many bands released albums in 1987. Why do Whitesnake in this instance deserve special attention? 

Judging by the responses, I feel completely justified in not having a Whitesnake thread on our most visited page. 

You made the mistake of not posting it in My World in the first place. We have an order to the forum for a reason. It's not hard to understand. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Relevancy= is it relevant to the Guns N' Roses? Many bands released albums in 1987. Why do Whitesnake in this instance deserve special attention? 

Judging by the responses, I feel completely justified in not having a Whitesnake thread on our most visited page. 

You made the mistake of not posting it in My World in the first place. We have an order to the forum for a reason. It's not hard to understand. 

wow, sure the thread is about whitesnake

how is that i dint notice that?

you know i originally thought it was about the inability of "GNR" to do anything to celebrate the 30th anniversary of appetite

but since you are saying that the thread is about whitesnake

you are probably right

On 8/18/2017 at 11:04 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

Man, both Slash and rainbows up in there? What isn't in Axl's ass?

New music. ;)

On 8/18/2017 at 11:39 PM, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

I've heard rumours that the GN'R vault is also there.

Paul Tobias mate. He's been missing since Rio 2001. 

• Like 2

On 8/19/2017 at 0:31 PM, Apollo said:

No one claimed that they were on the same level.  I just find it amusing that whenever somebody says something that isn't 100% praising GnR, some people feel like they have to go into attack mode and downgrade the other bands being talked about. 

I'm sorry you obviously have me confused with other posters b/c I far from defend GnR on a frequent basis.  You have strayed away from, the post that I directly responded to....which was Sosso said he was far more intrigued by LA Guns reunion as opposed to GnR.  He made that comparison, so I felt it OK to actually *GASP* speak my opinioin too....wow the wonders of an internet forum.

Have a good day.  

On 8/18/2017 at 5:31 PM, jmapelian said:

Ugh,  Whitesnake is reissuing a mediocre album,  guns have been selling out stadiums.  I'm sure if Cloverdale could sell out more than a small club I'm sure he'd rather be doing a stadium tour than a reissue.

U2 did both. They managed to reissue Joshua Tree with a massive box set and sold out a massive stadium tour this summer in support of that. Now they're releasing a new single today and a new single again on September 6th and are getting ready to release a new album all the while still touring their Joshua Tree 30th anniversary stadium tour into the fall. Their new album by the way will be their third new album since CD was released. The fact you or anyone justify and defend GnR at this point is pathetic. Absolutely hilarious that anyone would have an either or attitude as if GnR touring makes it impossible to have reissued and properly celebrated AFD's 30th anniversary. But yeah David Coverdale only reissued Whitesnake's album because he can't tour stadium.... :facepalm: