Leslie West Interviews Slash

Great interview. I've had the pleasure of seeing Leslie play at least 50 times over the years and have also been fortunate enough to been a guest at his house years ago in Englewood. He and his brother Larry are great people. Always wish he would be in the Hall of Fame as Mountain was THE hard rock band when they broke and Leslie influenced a ton of guitar players.  If anyone here is unfamiliar, skip Mississippi Queen because it's overplayed and check out Never In My Life, Blood of the Sun or The Doctor. The latter was recorded with Jack Bruce. 

When it was firing on all cylinders, I like to consider it a great rock 'n' roll group on its own merit. It wasn't because of gimmicks. Obviously, it was highly volatile. Now that we're back together, without getting too much into it, we're able to talk about it and identify people who got in the way. It's great to be past all that without having to listen to anybody's input—not managers, not business people. We just do what we're good at, and it's nice that it's been well received.

This last quote from Slash gives at least some hope that they may release new music and tour another time or two.  It seems like they have more communication than just showing up separately right before they go on stage.

3 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Great interview. I've had the pleasure of seeing Leslie play at least 50 times over the years and have also been fortunate enough to been a guest at his house years ago in Englewood. He and his brother Larry are great people. Always wish he would be in the Hall of Fame as Mountain was THE hard rock band when they broke and Leslie influenced a ton of guitar players.  If anyone here is unfamiliar, skip Mississippi Queen because it's overplayed and check out Never In My Life, Blood of the Sun or The Doctor. The latter was recorded with Jack Bruce. 

Wonder if he will guest at MSG  and jam, since hes a New Yorker. 

6 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

This last quote from Slash gives at least some hope that they may release new music and tour another time or two.  It seems like they have more communication than just showing up separately right before they go on stage.

Yep.  And if you read this together with the Metallica article you provided a link to earlier and how they conduct themselves, it puts a few things into perspective.  For me anyway.  I'm still pissed off about the shameless flogging of their shitty merch, but I am far more optimistic about new music than I was a week ago.  

I have always been a fan of West, great talent.  Pretty funny when Slash brought up CC Deville.  :lol:  Remided me how both Scott Ian and Sebastian Bach had "No CC Deville" in their VH1 contracts when they signed up for the Supergroup tv show.

That last paragraph really does seem like the lines of communication are more open than most believe.  New music would be excellent.  On that front, at least to me, the pressure is off.  Chinese Democracy carried that weight on release day, I think people would just love to hear these guys record something new together at this point.

Edited by HuskerTornado

12 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Bad taste Len. I lol'd 😂

Her name was Heather btw 

Shouldnt joke about it really, one of my sisters mates used to go to school with one of the West kids, like primary school.  Apparently she was always really detached and didnt talk much to anyone and got the piss taken out of her and that.  Apparently she alluded a couple of times about her home life not being very good but no one really done nothing. Fuckin horrible really, you hear about this kind of stuff and think shit, couldnt someone've done something.

Edited by Len Cnut

it sounds like the communication lines are open which is really great, I hope axl and slash can keep it going to the point the other three band members are welcomed back into the circle of trust.  

the no "managers" part is a joke... Team Yes is the most corrupt incompetent mess I've ever seen.  it's hard to not wonder how much better everything would be and how much sooner things would've come back together had the luckiest nanny in Malibu not been enabling the singer.  

But I digress... that they are talking about things and working on the relationship is very encouraging and shows how they really longed for one another during the lost years.