What happened to Steven Adler?

Adler said in a couple interviews that he didnt want to do more guest spots.  He cited a number of reasons including all the travel to play one (or two) song.  And also that the band didnt feel right, mentioning he'd play again if it were with Izzys involvement.  Said he gained the closure he needed.

He says a lot of stuff though...

I think Steven played his cards wrong.  His mothers book was the wrong book at the wrong time and whoever advised him to do press for it didn't have his best interests in mind and maybe had a financial interest in the book.  His interviews were lame, he should've kept his mouth shut, I can't imagine the singer and his enablers at Team Yes were excited that steven was already off the rails having been back in the circle for five seconds. 

with that said I'm glad he's got the self respect to deny the single song guest spots they were insulting him and us with.  

clearly slash and duff are sellouts and only care about money and posting pictures on social media, its best Steven stays away, he needs real people and real friends at this point in his life.  not lord axl and what remains of the band he did his best to destroy.  

Steven was there when it was honest and when it all mattered.  afd and the songs Steven demoed for UYI are the core of gnr.  axl must hate that, and slash and duff must just not care, they're too busy counting the extra money they got after selling out izzy stradlin.  

• Like 2

Adler would play Chinese Democracy in it's entirety while wearing a chicken suit if that's what he had to do to get in stage. He complained about not playing enough songs expecting them to call him and offer him more songs, instead they offered him no songs.

Edited by Modano09

Adler is crying cos Axl listened to him for only 15 secs and why playing with GNR during NITLT he was given time to play one song then his drum sound was disconnected

26 years he dreamed of returning to GNR

it's not how he expected it to be

his dreams are ruined now

he loves Axl he hates Axl

he loves Slash he hates Slash

he loves Duff he hates Duff

2 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

clearly slash and duff are sellouts and only care about money and posting pictures on social media, its best Steven stays away, he needs real people and real friends at this point in his life.  not lord axl and what remains of the band he did his best to destroy.  

Steven was there when it was honest and when it all mattered.  afd and the songs Steven demoed for UYI are the core of gnr.  axl must hate that, and slash and duff must just not care, they're too busy counting the extra money they got after selling out izzy stradlin.  

My wife and I once went back to the restaurant in Chicago where we went on our first date (on our anniversary).  It wasn't the same and we weren't there for the same reasons, but it was great to relive it in some way.  We were able to enjoy the experience with a difference perspective and appreciate how much we experienced together since that day.

I get what you're saying, and everything would be better and more genuine if Izzy and Steven were involved.  The "reunion" is obviously part money grab, and it's certainly not the same GNR that was clawing their way to rock stardom (it can't be in 2017).  However, I really do feel like Axl, Slash, and Duff enjoy reliving the Illusions tour while sober and/or more mentally stable - without all the turmoil.  I don't believe they could keep it going for so long if they didn't.

2 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

I think Steven played his cards wrong.  His mothers book was the wrong book at the wrong time and whoever advised him to do press for it didn't have his best interests in mind and maybe had a financial interest in the book.  His interviews were lame, he should've kept his mouth shut, I can't imagine the singer and his enablers at Team Yes were excited that steven was already off the rails having been back in the circle for five seconds. 

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Adler would Chinese Democracy in it's entirety while wearing a chicken suit if that's what he had to do to get in stage. He complained about not playing enough songs expecting them to call him and offer him more songs, instead they offered him no songs.

Accurate.  That being said, they should have let him play more songs.

3 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

with that said I'm glad he's got the self respect to deny the single song guest spots they were insulting him and us with.  

Spot on

45 minutes ago, Liquor & Whores said:

Adler is crying cos Axl listened to him for only 15 secs and why playing with GNR during NITLT he was given time to play one song then his drum sound was disconnected

26 years he dreamed of returning to GNR

it's not how he expected it to be

his dreams are ruined now

he loves Axl he hates Axl

he loves Slash he hates Slash

he loves Duff he hates Duff

Deep thoughts from someone with a Reese photo, lol! She isn't the shit on Adler's shoe, if you're all about Axl and friends, good for you, but must be an idiot to be on a GnR board and mock the GnR drummer 

I was thinking about this just yesterday. The whole situation is very strange. Adler claims he was originally supposed to be involved as a full-time touring member for all the AFD and Lies songs, and that he was even gonna get paid more than Frank, but then (according to him, at least) after his back injury the band changed their mind.

how does it go from that to "we can't pay for your plane tickets or hotel" and "what the fuck is he doing here?" And "only one/ two song(s)" And "you can go to Japan or Thailand but you have to pick one, you can't go to both."

something just isn't adding up for me.

Edited by rocknroll41

53 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Steven was pretty damn good in his appearances 

So many songs would sound better with Adler there.  It is a shame they couldn't make it work or even get someone good enough to help people stop thinking about it.  It is great seeing Axl, Slash, Duff and even Dizzy up there but the rest of the line up is very stale and has a hollow feel to it on a good chunk of songs.