What happened to Steven Adler?

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

5:25 Izzy looks way cooler than Fortus

yeah, was just paraphrasing what Adler said in one of the interviews about why he wont do more guest spots.

Now, if fortus was in bright red pants with his moobs out it might be a toss up :lol:

2 minutes ago, soon said:

yeah, was just paraphrasing what Adler said in one of the interviews about why he wont do more guest spots.

Now, if fortus was in bright red pants with his moobs out it might be a toss up :lol:

I don't care what Fortus looks like.. He does act like a knob on stage but I just wish he could play a bunch of songs better.

1 hour ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

Accurate.  That being said, they should have let him play more songs.

48 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I was thinking about this just yesterday. The whole situation is very strange. Adler claims he was originally supposed to be involved as a full-time touring member for all the AFD and Lies songs, and that he was even gonna get paid more than Frank, but then (according to him, at least) after his back injury the band changed their mind.

how does it go from that to "we can't pay for your plane tickets or hotel" and "what the fuck is he doing here?" And "only one/ two song(s)" And "you can go to Japan or Thailand but you have to pick one, you can't go to both."

something just isn't adding up for me.

It's one of two things.

Either he was never supposed to be as involved as he claims he was supposed to be.

Or he was, and sometime after the back injury they realized things go smoother if he isn't. 

3 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

If something happened to Frank, I'll bet Axl gonna bring back the best drummer that GNR ever had..

Brain Mantia. 

Was never a fan of NuGnR but Brain would be miles above the current one. Any of these would be a huge improvement.

Adler
Sorum
Brent Fitz
Tommy Lee
and even Brain

Steven must be the most wretched, servile creature that lives:

“I only talked to Axl for literally ten seconds. The first night I played with them in Cincinnati, I got a fistbump and a little smile, and that was good enough for me. And then at Dodger Stadium [in Los Angeles], I got to give him a little hug and shake his hand and say I love him and he fucking rules and ‘thank you so much for giving me this opportunity. I had the greatest time.’

I truly hope he can put Guns N' Roses behind him now, that he ot his closure and can move on. Poor thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

Was never a fan of NuGnR but Brain would be miles above the current one. Any of these would be a huge improvement.

Adler
Sorum
Brent Fitz
Tommy Lee
and even Brain

Dude just look up random YouTube video about Brain playing drum, it will make all your proposed candidates looks like amateur. 

8 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Dude just look up random YouTube video about Brain playing drum, it will make all your proposed candidates looks like amateur. 

I am sure he is great and I said he would be an upgrade over the current drummer.. I was following NuGnR early on and thought brain did a fine job.

Also in a band like GnR being more technically skilled doesn't necessarily make you a better fit for the band..  

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am sure he is great and I said he would be an upgrade over the current drummer.. I was following NuGnR early on and thought brain did a fine job.

Also in a band like GnR being more technically skilled doesn't necessarily make you a better fit for the band..  

Yeah but he was doing very good job at GNR, when clearly Axl still run this band, there's no way he's gonna bring back a ticking bomb unreliable manchild like Adler or douchebags like Sorum (lol Slash and Duff prolly had cut their own wages to pay Sorum because Axl won't pay him). 

Besides, in the past Axl already trying to bring Brain back but Brain had to refuse because he didn't want to hurt Frank, he still lingering in the studio handling CD remix album, don't forget Melissa recruitment also seems suggested by him, he even present on Vegas day 1 reunion, so his good relationship with Axl will playing major role if something happened to Frank. 

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Steven must be the most wretched, servile creature that lives:

“I only talked to Axl for literally ten seconds. The first night I played with them in Cincinnati, I got a fistbump and a little smile, and that was good enough for me. And then at Dodger Stadium [in Los Angeles], I got to give him a little hug and shake his hand and say I love him and he fucking rules and ‘thank you so much for giving me this opportunity. I had the greatest time.’

I truly hope he can put Guns N' Roses behind him now, that he ot his closure and can move on. Poor thing.

Adler is twenty percent of Guns N' Roses. How can he be expected to put a band, to which he makes up twenty percent, behind him?

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Good for Adler, I'm glad he's not a part of the cash-grabbing current lineup only interested in milking the fans and making t-shirt lines. He made the right choice in not continuing to have connections with the current band in my opinion.

I personally don't believe this for a second. I love his playing, but he's talked out of both sides of his mouth for decades. He'd be there to play 2 songs at every show they asked him to.  

I love Popcorn to death. Really wish he was a part of the NITL tour. Having said that, I can't really judge how any of the band feel about him. They know him personally, they've dealt with all his issues, known him for 30 some years, I can't say that. I do know people like him though, some really close, love them like a brother, but that doesn't mean I trust them. I know their other side and seen them do fucked up shit. Doesn't make me a heartless asshole, I love them, but I can't fuck with them. And most of that falls on them and and decisions they've made and things they've done. Sometimes you have to look at situations like Guns/Adler with real life perspective and look at them as real people, not just he's the drummer.

I think that even though he's grown up with slash,  duff was always his kinda big brother protector.  That's why I'm shocked that duff would agree to bring him in only to call him and kick him out again. Maybe they're protecting Steven because they think he'd be dead if he was in full time. I honestly think that if Steven was on the illusions tour that he would have died

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

I love Popcorn to death. Really wish he was a part of the NITL tour. Having said that, I can't really judge how any of the band feel about him. They know him personally, they've dealt with all his issues, known him for 30 some years, I can't say that. I do know people like him though, some really close, love them like a brother, but that doesn't mean I trust them. I know their other side and seen them do fucked up shit. Doesn't make me a heartless asshole, I love them, but I can't fuck with them. And most of that falls on them and and decisions they've made and things they've done. Sometimes you have to look at situations like Guns/Adler with real life perspective and look at them as real people, not just he's the drummer.

Exactly. It's easy for people who don't have their comeback/career/money riding on Steven Adler to say Steven Adler has to be there. Nobody in the right mind would put a tour of this magnitude in Adler's hands. The guest spots were nice, but, true to forum, that wasn't enough for him. He shows up at shows he's not scheduled to play, expecting to play, he complains in interviews about not getting to play enough. Whatever the motivation or arrangement, it feels like Axl/Duff/Slash are all on the same page and know what they're doing and where this is going, and Alder doesn't seem like the kind of guy that could just go with the plan. 

• Like 1

I'm not going to pretend I know the exact reasons for Adlers inclusion then expulsion for what they agreed on this tour. 

But I'll say this, there is question marks on Axl, Slash & Duff at the very minimum, regarding the Izzy and Adler situations. 

Axl and Duff looked very strange in the Brazilian interview when it came to the Izzy issue, almost like it was a badly rehearsed response. And there in lies the problem with the fans again. The lack of information, and what little info we do get isn't straight forward or answered properly. 

For what it's worth, I don't think we will see Adler or Izz back, these guys have been getting 3 mil a show between them, and how many shows have they done since getting back together? That's a lot of loot! You can't tell me that they couldn't have included these guys and integrated them to make everyone happy if they wanted too? 

It looks from the outside that this was purely a business decision, and coin ruled over everything else. That's fine, I get it, but it does leave you open up interpretation that you're an asshole. 

One last point, everyone keeps going on about how Adler said this, and said that, who fucking cares? They are grown men, not 12 year pre-pubescent girls, (that's how they act) and how axl has acted for the last 20 years. All this shit could have been avoided if ALL of them just acted like fucking adults and not spoilt little bitches. 

Edited by Tadsy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

I'm not going to pretend I know the exact reasons for Adlers inclusion then expulsion for what they agreed on this tour. 

But I'll say this, there is question marks on Axl, Slash & Duff at the very minimum, regarding the Izzy and Adler situations. 

Axl and Duff looked very strange in the Brazilian interview when it came to the Izzy issue, almost like it was a badly rehearsed response. And there in lies the problem with the fans again. The lack of information, and what little info we do get isn't straight forward or answered properly. 

For what it's worth, I don't think we will see Adler or Izz back, these guys have been getting 3 mil a show between them, and how many shows have they done since getting back together? That's a lot of loot! You can't tell me that they couldn't have included these guys and integrated them to make everyone happy if they wanted too? 

It looks from the outside that this was purely a business decision, and coin ruled over everything else. That's fine, I get it, but it does leave you open up interpretation that you're an asshole. 

One last point, everyone keeps going on about how Adler said this, and said that, who fucking cares? They are grown men, not 12 year pre-pubescent girls, (that's how they act) and how axl has acted for the last 20 years. All this shit could have been avoided if ALL of them just acted like fucking adults and not spoilt little bitches. 

Someone give this man a cigar.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

I think Steven played his cards wrong.  His mothers book was the wrong book at the wrong time and whoever advised him to do press for it didn't have his best interests in mind and maybe had a financial interest in the book.  His interviews were lame, he should've kept his mouth shut, I can't imagine the singer and his enablers at Team Yes were excited that steven was already off the rails having been back in the circle for five seconds. 

with that said I'm glad he's got the self respect to deny the single song guest spots they were insulting him and us with.  

clearly slash and duff are sellouts and only care about money and posting pictures on social media, its best Steven stays away, he needs real people and real friends at this point in his life.  not lord axl and what remains of the band he did his best to destroy.  

Steven was there when it was honest and when it all mattered.  afd and the songs Steven demoed for UYI are the core of gnr.  axl must hate that, and slash and duff must just not care, they're too busy counting the extra money they got after selling out izzy stradlin.  

your point about the book is valid

but in the end it's pretty likely that steven isnt there because axl didnt/doesnt want to deal with him, period

that, very likely, is all there is to it

40 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

exactly

about the brazilian interview, it looks like there are 2 most-likely possibilities for axl's answer about izzy

1 - he knew everything that was going on and LIED

2 - he had no idea of what is/was going on around him -- he became a sort of ozzy-like person/zombie -- and has been LIED TO

i dont see any other possibility

12 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

exactly

about the brazilian interview, it looks like there are 2 most-likely possibilities for axl's answer about izzy

1 - he knew everything that was going on and LIED

2 - he had no idea of what is/was going on around him -- he became a sort of ozzy-like person/zombie -- and has been LIED TO

i dont see any other possibility

Honestly, if you watch the vid back, you see Duff and Axl constantly looking at each other, in a way that lends me to think they were both figuring out what the correct response should be! Duff is uncomfortable to watch regarding that izzy issue almost like he's too unsure what to say in case it's not to Axl's liking. 

Thats just my interpretation and it may be wrong. I dunno. 

I can't remember the timeline of events, but was Izzys tweet about the loot AFTER this interview? I'm sure it was???

i would love to hear Axl answer the questions on izzy regarding the "loot" issue 😉

as I said before on Adler, Izz, and re integrating them, there was NOTHING stopping the other 3 saying, hey, let's do a 5 or 6 gun run around the 30th anniversary for just the five of us! Play AFD cover to cover, 7 or 8 of the illusions and let izzy and Adler make a mil a show too! Pick one City, do a residency for 2 weeks, believe me, they'd have sold it out 5 times for the AFD line up, the other 2 make bank and can get a share of it! 

There is a million of those types of ideas that would have been feasible. 

44 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Honestly, if you watch the vid back, you see Duff and Axl constantly looking at each other, in a way that lends me to think they were both figuring out what the correct response should be! Duff is uncomfortable to watch regarding that izzy issue almost like he's too unsure what to say in case it's not to Axl's liking. 

Thats just my interpretation and it may be wrong. I dunno. 

I can't remember the timeline of events, but was Izzys tweet about the loot AFTER this interview? I'm sure it was???

i would love to hear Axl answer the questions on izzy regarding the "loot" issue 😉

as I said before on Adler, Izz, and re integrating them, there was NOTHING stopping the other 3 saying, hey, let's do a 5 or 6 gun run around the 30th anniversary for just the five of us! Play AFD cover to cover, 7 or 8 of the illusions and let izzy and Adler make a mil a show too! Pick one City, do a residency for 2 weeks, believe me, they'd have sold it out 5 times for the AFD line up, the other 2 make bank and can get a share of it! 

There is a million of those types of ideas that would have been feasible. 

EXACTLY

the loot tweet was a few days after the brazilian interview

someone must have told izzy about it

he watched it

must have thought something like "WTF"

and then he just let the world know that what axl said was all BULLSHIT

===

you know what is a dead give away that axl was lying on that interview about izzy?

we didnt hear a single word from axl after izzy's tweet

nothing

remember how fast axl was at dismissing minor stuff like steven tyler saying "I helped to reunite GNR" ?

11 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Adler
Sorum
Brent Fitz
Tommy Lee
and even Brain

Don't forget Josh Freese, I've always been curious about his approach to appetite songs.

Good stuff, people.

I'm glad to see that more and more peeps in here are seeing the current state of GNR affairs for what they represent: a boring, wrong type of cash grab.

There is nothing bad with a cash grab; but one can still do things right, artistically, musically, conceptually AND grab tons of cash. 

11 hours ago, Tucknroll said:

I think that even though he's grown up with slash,  duff was always his kinda big brother protector.  That's why I'm shocked that duff would agree to bring him in only to call him and kick him out again. Maybe they're protecting Steven because they think he'd be dead if he was in full time. I honestly think that if Steven was on the illusions tour that he would have died

Maybe because duff doesn't have that much bargaining power. Majority of the people only care about axl and slash playing together again. Duff is just there coz he's still part of the corporation if he wasn't he probably wouldn't be there. If he can't do something about izzy who helped him out with his song for his book less than a year before all the more he won't do anything for Steven. Maybe there's some truth with slash calling him spineless. We'll never know unless someone talks