What happened to Steven Adler?

8 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

What do you make of his drumming overall?  I didn't think much of his band, but I don't know enough about drumming to comment on Steven's performance.  

The band was meh. His drumming was good on most songs. But he messes with the tempos during songs. Just like in the old days. Not bad overall anyway, but it certainly don’t convince me to fire frank. I mean, the guy just follows the click tempo playing in his in-ear monitor wich were previous’y chosen as a band or by the big 3. It wouldn’t have been a bad move to have Adler play the appetite stuff and frand the rest... even if i like frank’s playing. It doen’t bother me one bit. I like his additions in jungle, estranged etc. The band probably like them too, i guess.

1 hour ago, riot said:

The band was meh. His drumming was good on most songs. But he messes with the tempos during songs. Just like in the old days. Not bad overall anyway, but it certainly don’t convince me to fire frank. I mean, the guy just follows the click tempo playing in his in-ear monitor wich were previous’y chosen as a band or by the big 3. It wouldn’t have been a bad move to have Adler play the appetite stuff and frand the rest... even if i like frank’s playing. It doen’t bother me one bit. I like his additions in jungle, estranged etc. The band probably like them too, i guess.

There's no click in Frank's in ears. If there was then he wouldn't speed up and slow down in the same song. Plus I can't imagine Slash agreeing to play to a click.

I guess you all missed the interview Steven did earlier in the year when he said exactly the same thing! It's not new news that he wants back in, he doesn't care whether Izzy is there or not, Mr Integrity 2, doesn't care.  He just said that to get the fans on his side.

On 10/4/2017 at 2:29 PM, Natty said:

relevant AGAIN? Steven is and always will be relevant because the afd 5 wrote the lyrics and melodys that made Gnr a legend , combined with the divine voicw of Axl. 

steven is relevant to gnr while frank and all the other hired hands arent. they didn t create any magic. Steven and Izzy will always be relevant - no matter what the big 3 think... 

however his mom s book was really a mistake. 

Sorry I didn't notice this and it took a couple of days to reply. I'm replying on October 8th, 2017. Steven Adler isn't relevant here either. 

14 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

There's no click in Frank's in ears. If there was then he wouldn't speed up and slow down in the same song. Plus I can't imagine Slash agreeing to play to a click.

One would think there is since the entire show is synched with videos. Speed has been consistant the entire tour. Slow down at same spots and on same songs. Anyway, i dont really care. Steven has been mess8ng up with tempos since gnr’s very debut and it didnt bother me either. Internet has made us very picky and unrock n roll lol

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

There's a big difference between playing with a drummer like that and having a metronome going in your ear the entire show.

Generally the drummer have the metronome and other dont. That way, slash should not be bothered by it. 

Ps: duff probably has an intro click for easy.

14 hours ago, scooby845 said:

:blink:

Yeah i do. I like how he uses the ride in soft spots and how he accentuate some punch at the end.