What happened to Steven Adler?

I'm sure there was, and maybe still is, a gag order on Steven.  

But think about it, what happens to the guy IF he talks?! 

So fucking WHAT if he offends Axl at this point.  They can't take anything away from him now...unless the gag order mandates a defamation lawsuit being slapped on him if he does open his mouth again.

In my opinion, the whole thing fucking smells.  

There is an insane amount of money being made yet the veil of secrecy still exists. It would be SO EASY to put it to rest if Duff and Slash would fucking SAY SOMETHING!

But ahhhhhhh...gag orders prevent THEM from talking too I bet.  

Edited by KURT19

1 hour ago, KURT19 said:

I'm sure there was, and maybe still is, a gag order on Steven.  

But think about it, what happens to the guy IF he talks?! 

So fucking WHAT if he offends Axl at this point.  They can't take anything away from him now...unless the gag order mandates a defamation lawsuit being slapped on him if he does open his mouth again.

In my opinion, the whole thing fucking smells.  

There is an insane amount of money being made yet the veil of secrecy still exists. It would be SO EASY to put it to rest if Duff and Slash would fucking SAY SOMETHING!

But ahhhhhhh...gag orders prevent THEM from talking too I bet.  

I wouldn't think they've put an actual gag order on Steven unless he's threatened to go public with something that might damage the brand from a financial and legal perspective.

Steven's achilles heel is his unabashed desire to play for Guns N' Roses again and it's possible Axl is exploiting that on a personal level. What happens if he talks?  He doesn't get to play.  That'll hurt.

If they'd completely ruled him out of playing for them, Steven would be blabbing all over the place like he usually does.  That he's suddenly keeping silent suggests they've dangled a carrot in front him i.e. potential to play a few gigs again so long as he behaves himself. 

It's worth bearing in mind the Guns guys have been swindling one another in some way, shape or form since they first met.  Sure, they got each other's backs when they have to cover their own asses e.g. feud era Axl and Slash each denied Spencer Proffer's claims about their appalling behaviour when he was briefly contracted to produce AFD, but they've always been a bit Lord of the Flies with each other. 

3 hours ago, annabanana said:

Maybe because duff doesn't have that much bargaining power. Majority of the people only care about axl and slash playing together again. Duff is just there coz he's still part of the corporation if he wasn't he probably wouldn't be there. If he can't do something about izzy who helped him out with his song for his book less than a year before all the more he won't do anything for Steven. Maybe there's some truth with slash calling him spineless. We'll never know unless someone talks 

duff is indeed spineless 

gets what he wants 

thank you very much 

no give back - extremely daunting after all the build up praise he had given izzy for being such a great friend and music partner throughout his career 

on a side note VR would've been almost just as good as classic guns if they had let izzy be the frontman that is equally fucked up than this current NITL tour which should be renamed - IN THIS LIFE TIME 3/5 + 3 KISS ASS MOOCHES 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

7 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Don't forget Josh Freese, I've always been curious about his approach to appetite songs.

I don't know much about him.. I did buy one of his CD's early on when Axl first came out from under his rock and I was still interested in what he was going to do with NuGuns.. I think the band was called Princess? I remember liking it at the time but haven't listened to it in over 15 years.. I think it even said Josh Freese from Guns N' Roses on the CD. 

I do think Adler was excluded after they weighed his risk to the big business they were embarking on.  But some business philosophies can be rather humane, for want of a better term.  I'd like to believe that when he was injured that the involved parties were first and foremost concerned for him about a relapse (stemming from pain relief and such).   I think that there is greed, pride and spite involved as well.  But I prefer to think the Adler was taken into account with honesty.  

I wish he was there, playing all his tracks.  Or all of the show even.  But I think it would be a tricky thing to make it all work, while protecting everyones interests - including his sobriety.

Attempting to think as a greedy diva I can imagine a thought process like this:  "I can save Adlers life and make 100 million more for doing so. Win-Win."  And the subconscious is going "Now I still don't have to learn to relate to him as an adult either!"

Hopefully now that they are going strong and relationships are working good enough, they can feel safe to navigate the Adler stuff to have him back.  Because he's the drummer of GNR and is amazing, but also so that the other guy can take a break.

But I know this is not happening.  Not on NITL.  NONITL :) 

34 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't know much about him.. I did buy one of his CD's early on when Axl first came out from under his rock and I was still interested in what he was going to do with NuGuns.. I think the band was called Princess? I remember liking it at the time but haven't listened to it in over 15 years.. I think it even said Josh Freese from Guns N' Roses on the CD. 

He's the drummer on Slash first solo album, before Slash going with lame ass SMKC route. 

11 hours ago, Tadsy said:

I'm not going to pretend I know the exact reasons for Adlers inclusion then expulsion for what they agreed on this tour. 

But I'll say this, there is question marks on Axl, Slash & Duff at the very minimum, regarding the Izzy and Adler situations. 

Axl and Duff looked very strange in the Brazilian interview when it came to the Izzy issue, almost like it was a badly rehearsed response. And there in lies the problem with the fans again. The lack of information, and what little info we do get isn't straight forward or answered properly. 

For what it's worth, I don't think we will see Adler or Izz back, these guys have been getting 3 mil a show between them, and how many shows have they done since getting back together? That's a lot of loot! You can't tell me that they couldn't have included these guys and integrated them to make everyone happy if they wanted too? 

It looks from the outside that this was purely a business decision, and coin ruled over everything else. That's fine, I get it, but it does leave you open up interpretation that you're an asshole. 

One last point, everyone keeps going on about how Adler said this, and said that, who fucking cares? They are grown men, not 12 year pre-pubescent girls, (that's how they act) and how axl has acted for the last 20 years. All this shit could have been avoided if ALL of them just acted like fucking adults and not spoilt little bitches. 

Yes, they are grown men, and Axl/Slash/Duff seem to be professional and focused on whatever their plans are here. Adler's the obnoxious and childish one.

Axl and Duff did try to dance around the Izzy question during that interview, but what are they supposed to say? He wanted too much money to be there? And for all we know, Izzy may have been wishy-washy about how much he'd commit to - that's kind of his thing.  

3 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

He's the drummer on Slash first solo album, before Slash going with lame ass SMKC route. 

Aside from Myles's voice at times SMKC was great... Brent Fitz is also the perfect drummer for this genre of music..

I'll just leave this Adler quote from Loudwire right here, from May 9, 2017.  

“That was so amazing,” exclaimed the rocker about returning to his spot behind the kit for the band. “It was literally a second dream come true. I wish I could’ve done more songs, but I’m thankful I got to do what I got to do. And if they ever give me a call and want me to come back, I’d love to play with them. I love those guys.”

Read More: Steven Adler: Guns N' Roses Reunion 'Was Second Dream Come True' | http://loudwire.com/steven-adler-guns-n-roses-reunion-literally-second-dream-come-true/?trackback=tsmclip

It would be way easier to get on the Steven Train if his message was even remotely consistent.  He might be doing "well" now, but imagine how his emotional swings and drama could disrupt the smoothly running machine that is the Not in This Lifetime Tour.  (Yes, I realize how ridiculous that statement sounds when discussing a band featuring Axl Rose.)

Edited by Use Your Delusion II

14 hours ago, ludurigan said:

exactly

about the brazilian interview, it looks like there are 2 most-likely possibilities for axl's answer about izzy

1 - he knew everything that was going on and LIED

2 - he had no idea of what is/was going on around him -- he became a sort of ozzy-like person/zombie -- and has been LIED TO

i dont see any other possibility

#1, it was obvious. He got all bug eyed with the pressured speech when it came to lying about Adler. The question was clearly why was Adler not touring with his band and Axl says, "oh yes he is! he came out!", the sophistry was sickening.

Then he used another tactic to attempt to conceal his lies about Izzy, tried to play it cool and funny , and relied on the often repeated lie of the "disappearing Izzy" because morons want to feel they understand so he looped it back for them.

Axl is smart but I find lying a sign of stupidity and an insult to one's own intelligence , also underestimating everyone as if many of us can't see it. It was a disgrace watching him lie so pathetically and even worse was duff , so focused on making sure he came off supportive of those lies lest Axl watch the interview , identify a give on duffs part and axe him.

its crystal clear what happened decades ago, we are getting a reinactment. 

Edited by Pishy

12 minutes ago, Pishy said:

#1, it was obvious. He got all bug eyed with the pressured speech when it came to lying about Adler. The question was clearly why was Adler not touring with his band and Axl says, "oh yes he is! he came out!", the sophistry was sickening.

Then he used another tactic to attempt to conceal his lies about Izzy, tried to play it cool and funny , and relied on the often repeated lie of the "disappearing Izzy" because morons want to feel they understand so he looped it back for them.

Axl is smart but I find lying a sign of stupidity and an insult to one's own intelligence , also underestimating everyone as if many of us can't see it. It was a disgrace watching him lie so pathetically and even worse was duff , so focused on making sure he came off supportive of those lies lest Axl watch the interview , identify a give on duffs part and axe him.

Would you prefer he say Adler's unreliable and obnoxious and Izzy wanted too much money for the sake of honesty?

9 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Would you prefer he say Adler's unreliable and obnoxious and Izzy wanted too much money for the sake of honesty?

Too much money? Lol! How do you even come up with that, Izzy is part of GnR , he is supposed to receive an equal amount. They wanted him to make special appearances and pay him like a Reese at best. Do you have any original thoughts or just want to parrot that Adler, god forbids, speaks?

Yes, of course Axl should have been honest but if he was able to muster such a thing, he certainly wouldn't have said what you just wrote because those are blatant lies. 

1 hour ago, Pishy said:

Too much money? Lol! How do you even come up with that, Izzy is part of GnR , he is supposed to receive an equal amount. They wanted him to make special appearances and pay him like a Reese at best. Do you have any original thoughts or just want to parrot that Adler, god forbids, speaks?

Yes, of course Axl should have been honest but if he was able to muster such a thing, he certainly wouldn't have said what you just wrote because those are blatant lies. 

If Axl were honest in that interview, his answer would be something like "Steven's unreliable and can be obnoxious if you have to see him every day, so we felt it was best to limit him to guest appearances and Izzy wanted to make equal money to us despite being bought out and washing his hands of the band's business 25 years ago, which he didn't think was fair." 

20 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

If Axl were honest in that interview, his answer would be something like "Steven's unreliable and can be obnoxious if you have to see him every day, so we felt it was best to limit him to guest appearances and Izzy wanted to make equal money to us despite being bought out and washing his hands of the band's business 25 years ago, which he didn't think was fair." 

no the actual truth would be 

steven i needed to do it so i wouldn't be the scapegoat if he offed himself in retaliation for not appearing at the most minimal level during NITL

and with izzy, i've always been cheap and ruthless so there was no way he was going to try and get a reasonable amount because I didn't actually need him per say to be involved  

Just now, double talkin jive mfkr said:

no the actual truth would be 

steven i needed to do it so i wouldn't be the scapegoat if he offed himself in retaliation for not appearing at the most minimal level during NITL

and with izzy, i've always been cheap and ruthless so there was no way he was going to try and get a reasonable amount because I didn't actually need him per say to be involved  

If Axl's so cheap why not put both Duff and Slash on salary? Or just bring Slash back and leave Duff out? 

Just now, Modano09 said:

If Axl's so cheap why not put both Duff and Slash on salary? Or just bring Slash back and leave Duff out? 

cause he admitted in his rock and roll diatribe or one of the del james wacked out interviews that all it would take is slash and duff - meaning their old partnership back in place and iconic logo art to boot - why am i arguing with u 

oh yeah and he has to support team brazil which is probably one of the biggest reasons as well 

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

cause he admitted in his rock and roll diatribe or one of the del james wacked out interviews that all it would take is slash and duff - meaning their old partnership back in place and iconic logo art to boot - why am i arguing with u 

oh yeah and he has to support team brazil which is probably one of the biggest reasons as well 

So there's a claim to the band that Slash and Duff have/had that Izzy doesn't then?

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

So there's a claim to the band that Slash and Duff have/had that Izzy doesn't then?

no the whole thing is fucked up and fragmented - bottom line 91-93 GNR doesn't succeed as it had until NITL all based on izzy's huge 1/5 involvement and primary songwriting credit to boot and you have the entire failure years of GNR from 94-2015 all because of axl 

gonna say sorum is being quite neglected to say the least as well 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

3 hours ago, Pishy said:

i dont think anyone has described it so well - the interviewer's mistakes in his questions created that weird vibe that told the entire truth through the non-verbal!!! 

8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah and he played in Slash's solo album back in 2010. Seems pretty solid and I think he would fit well with Slash and Duff. 

8 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

I thought I'm the only one who find SMKC lame now. At first I really liked them, but now it's just like... move on man. Go on your own way out of Gn'R's sight.