New Wu Tang

Len Cnut

What do Wu fans think of this freestyle?, don't know much about this cat but think he rode the beat pretty well, bit on the mumble side though haha. The difference i see with the real grimey mc's currently and the grimey dudes of the 90's  is that the 90's dudes could describe street stuff very vividly but had the metaphors and punchlines mixed in.

Edited by Silverburst80

I don't love the beat, I like my Wu-Tang to be a little more bangin, but that's nit picky, I dig it, good song. And my goodness it's refreshing to hear mc's actually rapping, taking the craft serious, rapping to the beat. Just sounds soooo much better than either the rattle rapping or the singing rap we got going on today.

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

I don't love the beat, I like my Wu-Tang to be a little more bangin, but that's nit picky, I dig it, good song. And my goodness it's refreshing to hear mc's actually rapping, taking the craft serious, rapping to the beat. Just sounds soooo much better than either the rattle rapping or the singing rap we got going on today.

Yeah, I agree.  The Wu do good in all different kinds of manners but that thump needs to be there.  Also, I really like the fuckin'...whats the word I'm looking for here?  Nasty fuckin' basement-y sound of the debut and the debut solos. 

And Doc is flexin' these days too, have you heard this?

Edited by Len Cnut

43 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah, I agree.  The Wu do good in all different kinds of manners but that thump needs to be there.  Also, I really like the fuckin'...whats the word I'm looking for here?  Nasty fuckin' basement-y sound of the debut and the debut solos. 

Yeah, that basement-y sound was killer on those albums. It gave them such a feel. I understand they can't make every single album sound like that, but man, that was really a great sound. I"m for sure checking out the new album.

44 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

And Doc is flexin' these days too, have you heard this?

Haven't heard that one but I like it. He sounds like a guy who has sorta mastered his craft doesn't he.

Doc has always been exceptionally talented but yeah, he's peaking like fuck in his old age.  If there's one thing Doc can be relied upon for its for fuckin' heavy calibre rhyming.  Its worth remembering y'know that this guy came out in 1990.  This guy predates Pac, The Wu, all types of legends and throughout all that time his rhyming, when compared to where the game was at, was always top drawer.  He really is one of the most underrated rappers ever and can hold his own on the mic with ANYONE.  Red is cold as fuck on any given day.  Listen to songs like Tonights Da Night, that shit could've been released yesterday and it'd still be raw as fuck.

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Doc has always been exceptionally talented but yeah, he's peaking like fuck in his old age.  If there's one thing Doc can be relied upon for its for fuckin' heavy calibre rhyming.  Its worth remembering y'know that this guy came out in 1990.  This guy predates Pac, The Wu, all types of legends and throughout all that time his rhyming, when compared to where the game was at, was always top drawer.  He really is one of the most underrated rappers ever and can hold his own on the mic with ANYONE.  Red is cold as fuck on any given day.  Listen to songs like Tonights Da Night, that shit could've been released yesterday and it'd still be raw as fuck.

Agreed with all that. You know what I always thought was one of his shining moments? How High. The original one from The Show Soundtrack. I've listened to that one a million times and can pop it in right now and just listen to him and Meth go back and forth. Really really good rapping going on there.

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Thats a lot Silverburst, i really enjoyed that and i didn't know it was out there, cheers man.

No probs man, it's a good interview...." How the fuck you gonna pay $300 dollars for pair of headphones but don't wanna pay anything for the music" haha so true. I gotta say RZA saying how the beats are a vintage raw NY sound gets me hyped for the new record.

Edited by Silverburst80

18 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Martin Shkrelis put the Wu album on ebay, starting bid = a dollar :lol:  Since hes getting done for securities fraud theres a good chance it'll get siezed by the US government so I guess the kids thinking to flip it quick and get some recoup on it.

I was going to go and be sneaky and slip in a 20$ bid just to say I was a top bidder at one point :lol: But no, looks like the little goober might come close to making his money back.

Edited by J Dog

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

I was going to go and be sneaky and slip in a 20$ bid just to say I was a top bidder at one point :lol: But no, looks like the little goober might come close to making his money back.

yeah, it's up near 700K with 8 days to go.  And I suppose a thing with notoriety kinda goes up in value and being as it kinda has  him and that controversy attached to it, as well as being what it is, shit he might get more than his moneys worth. 

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

yeah, it's up near 700K with 8 days to go.  And I suppose a thing with notoriety kinda goes up in value and being as it kinda has  him and that controversy attached to it, as well as being what it is, shit he might get more than his moneys worth. 

Yea it's story has turned it into its own thing now. How much did he pay, was it 2 million or something?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...