Sign in to follow this  
Len Cnut

New Wu Tang

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

My Only One is pretty cool too.

I'm a little disappointed overall. A couple songs kinda sounded the same to me, no GZA-Golden Arms-Masta( a few songs seemed totally made for Masta Killa) and of course Dirty will always be sadly missed..... I'm all for Redman featuring heavily though

Edited by Silverburst80

49 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

I'm a little disappointed overall. A couple songs kinda sounded the same to me, no GZA-Golden Arms-Masta( a few songs seemed totally made for Masta Killa) and of course Dirty will always be sadly missed..... I'm all for Redman featuring heavily though

Yeah me too.  Its not that the songs were bad or the beats were bad its just...they just sounded middle aged?  They dont...attack the fuckin mic like that used to, they dont sound firey, they dont sound...urgent.  Seems kinda mixtapey and EP-ish.  Like a warm up to something.

11 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah me too.  Its not that the songs were bad or the beats were bad its just...they just sounded middle aged?  They dont...attack the fuckin mic like that used to, they dont sound firey, they dont sound...urgent.  Seems kinda mixtapey and EP-ish.  Like a warm up to something.

Yep totally agree

Edited by Silverburst80

Favorite Wu "branch off" record was GZA's Liquid Swords....here's something else that was surprising about 8-9 years ago...RZA produced the album/soundtrack: Afro Samurai: Resurrection, here's a track off the album, much better than everything put out in 2017 for the most part:

New album is ok. Some good songs and some, not bad songs but I guess forgettable is a better word. Everybody still rhymes good, but I don't know, like the past 2 Wu albums it's missing something. I just don't love Wu over soft beats.