THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

40 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

When they shout "Sir Alex the Great", they ain't just talking about his managing abilites sweetheart ;)

Yes, I'm sure the red nosed pisshead cunts whiskey disabled todger was precisely what they were talking about :lol: 

Dunno, how can one ever really judge these things?  There's certain worrying signs about him as an appointment, 'ability to work within a budget' is one.  His successes are sort of second string and domestic so its not hugely ambitious as signings go but good, its not a complete pulled-it-out-of-their-arse style gamble like Arteta would've been.  I'm certainly not optimistic about any immediate success, thats for sure.  I think there will be a dip before there is any upward surge, if there is any. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Really looking forward to tonight's final, no matter what happens.

What's people's predictions?

I can't really call it cuz Liverpool are a bit of a wildcard, on their day they can beat anyone, if they really show up, touch of Mo Salah magic in there and why not, Real ain't unbeatable, they've had a bit of a mare in the league if I'm not  mistaken, I'm not sure, I've not been following La Liga of late.

But fuck that, scousers all the way, would be lovely to see em lift the silver.

Edited by Len Cnut

34 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

I've bet that if Pool wins, I'm shaving my head

You'll hear from me in a phone booth in some third world country while running from my mates if Liverpool wins :lol: 

God please let them win! :lol: Your heads gonna look like a soft boiled egg, whiteboy :lol: 

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I believe and hope Real will win 3-1.

I'm a Liverpool fan that grew up watching La Liga.

Wouldn't surprise me if we got smashed tonight. Wouldn't even be ashamed. Real are technically one of the best tournament teams ever filled with players who've won world cup's, euros and made the Champions League 4 times in the last 5 years. They'll have won more European trophies than United has in their entire history in a few short years with just this current team and 10 more altogether.

This is also Liverpool's 3rd final in 13 years. United have only won 3 times in their history right?

Edited by AtariLegend

4 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I'm a Liverpool fan that grew up watching La Liga.

Wouldn't surprise me if we got smashed tonight. Wouldn't even be ashamed. Real are technically one of the best tournament teams ever filled with players who've won world cup's, euros and made the Champions League 4 times in the last 5 years. They'll have won more European trophies than United has in their entire history in a few short years with just this current team and 10 more altogether.

This is also Liverpool's 3rd final in 13 years. United have only won 3 times in their history right?

I agree. Regardless of tonight's result, Liverpool has done an amazing job. 

It baffles me how anyone who isn't born in Madrid and a lifelong Real Madrid fan could actually support them today. Liverpool has invested cleverly on a genius manager, found gems in players and is fully providing them with a platform to make the step into the world class level (Salah, Firmino), while playing attractive football and beating the odds. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pedrolg said:

It baffles me how anyone who isn't born in Madrid and a lifelong Real Madrid fan could actually support them today. Liverpool has invested cleverly on a genius manager, found gems in players and is fully providing them with a platform to make the step into the world class level (Salah, Firmino), while playing attractive football and beating the odds. 

Real are like a wanker club, aren't they? The Spanish equivalent of Man U and Chelsea. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Real are like a wanker club, aren't they? The Spanish equivalent of Man U and Chelsea. 

As wanker as they get imo. Lacks charisma, carries itself with arrogance, throws around obscenes amounts of money every year, is often benefitting from shady refereeing.