THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

I must say that I’ve not watched Manchester Utd for quite some time, but we don’t have the best record on English soil and a draw wouldn’t the worst thing anyway because we shouldn’t be dropping points anywhere else.

I guess we’ll see what happens with Ronaldo, that will have a big impact.

10 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

The Ronnie red card won't be over turned makes UEFA look bad.

Wouldn't mind if Sanchez goes he was free and has been shit so it's all profit 

I think he wanted to go to City. 

Martial, Lukaku, Rashford seems like a better front line. With Pogba, Fred and Matic. Seems solid. 

10 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I don't believe a word the tabloids say 

There’s something to it though which ever way you take it.

He chose Utd because he’d get paid more and play more. Or he wanted to go to City but they wouldn’t meets his wages. 

It’s just he turns up at Utd and just hasn’t tried in the games I’ve seen.  So it looks more like he wanted to go to City and win things easily with Pep. But in the end they didn’t want him that much. 

10 hours ago, wasted said:

I think he’s ready to back to an easier league. Maybe Serie A. 

Its the fuckin' United curse :lol:  Sanch' goes there, finished, RVP goes there, one good season then finished, Kanchelskis leaves em, finished, Falcao, finished, the fuckin' Salford industrial estate that they built Old Trafford on was a fuckin' druid burial ground back in the day and they fuckin' hex up the United squad for bringing so many japs to their hallowed ground.  The had success in the days of Fergie because, being an old celt, he used to sanctify the ground with scotch :lol:

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its the fuckin' United curse :lol:  Sanch' goes there, finished, RVP goes there, one good season then finished, Kanchelskis leaves em, finished, Falcao, finished, the fuckin' Salford industrial estate that they built Old Trafford on was a fuckin' druid burial ground back in the day and they fuckin' hex up the United squad for bringing so many japs to their hallowed ground.  The had success in the days of Fergie because, being an old celt, he used to sanctify the ground with scotch :lol:

My theory is Fergus never bought readymade superstars much. He made Ronaldo successful. And he always kept players. Rooney should still be at Utd playing in mid like Scholes. Hernandez should still be there. Fergus would’ve got Kane a season ago. Then letting Pogba leave. But yeah going out to buy knackered stars isn’t going to work. He’d find someone like Van Ni. Or bring Cole and Yorke in. But there’s a transfer problem at Utd, it’s not Mourinho’s players he’s getting, he’s just being given players. 

Any of you with a spare 1.5 hours, check this documentary about Celtic legend Tommy Burns. It gives a great insight of what the club means to the supporters, particularly this man and shows the lasting effect he had on peoples lives. Tommy lost his battle against skin cancer back in May 2008, only a number of weeks before the season ended. Celtic had clawed back from being 7 points behind Rangers and went on to win it on the last day of the season. The titled was dedicated to Tommy. Excuse the Gaelic speaking narrator, he only pops up now and again, but the vast majority of it is in English. 

13 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Wolves got a draw at there ground with City there an impressive little number 

Wolves and Fulham seem pretty good. Neves and  Mitrovic are good players.

After watching the game though Utd had chances. Lukaku had one I nearly killed myself falling over this chair. But there’s no lethal looking striker in there. 

Arsenal seem to be ticking over...I see holes though, i see issues, issues the bigger teams will exploit, bit shaky with the pass out the back shit, slow starters still.  I don't actually see that a lots changed substantially, post Wenger I mean.  They seem slightly more well drilled, seem to implent changes after half time.

22 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Reckon we will finish 4th just about scrapping it ... Saving Jose for another season

I think so, but it will be close with Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Utd. 

Chelsea had easy fixtures. I could see Utd and Arsenal just sneaking it. Chelsea and Spurs have pretty shallow squads. Chelsea don’t even have one real striker. Spurs might get caught short. 

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Hate to say it but I recon its the Bin Dippers year ... I like Klopp he deserves it but I hate them cunts more than Citeh

Hate man utd (useless cnuts), i selected them in the last man standing comp at work on saturday.

On the plus side what a week for the Rangers (is there a timplosion at kerryfail street).

12 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Hate to say it but I recon its the Bin Dippers year ... I like Klopp he deserves it but I hate them cunts more than Citeh

You mean the fans of Liverpool. It could be close. See if Liverpool beat Chelsea. They are marauding going forward. Utd need to start pressing higher up and get some players actually working. It's like they are waiting for Mourinho to get sacked.

Edited by wasted