Len Cnut

THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2018/19

3 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

The whole Bebe fiasco was a strange one ... 

He was apparently purchased as a favor to Jorge Mendez and if things had worked out it would of led us to Nico Gaitan 

Sadly it turned out that Bebe was shit so was offloaded really quickly and that cancelled everything out...I had a dream he would become the next Ronaldo 

He was amazing really as just a player. But too lightweight for top level. But I think he would still be useful now. Chong would be fun to throw on last ten minutes. 

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

He was amazing really as just a player. But too lightweight for top level. But I think he would still be useful now. Chong would be fun to throw on last ten minutes. 

I am hoping Chong or Gomes get some minutes in next week in the cup 

3 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I am hoping Chong or Gomes get some minutes in next week in the cup 

Chong has something like Best, he rides tackles, he either going past them or getting crippled. 

Edited by wasted

Big part of the problem is losing so much possession in the final 3rd and not being able to win it back before getting countered. And that's down to the guy on the ball not having options when he gets up there.

14 hours ago, moreblack said:

Big part of the problem is losing so much possession in the final 3rd and not being able to win it back before getting countered. And that's down to the guy on the ball not having options when he gets up there.

Not much movement from Lukaku or Sanchez really, even Rashford. They sort just want to be feed through. But they don’t seem to all out counter attack. They just hold possessiion up the field then lose it. Like England did in WC. 

So having someone sharper like an Owen type, Jesus maybe. A Sterling to unluck the defense. And maybe they don’t have a Silva or DeBrun with real creativity. Pogba/Mata just doesn’t make it happen the same. 

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Feel like tonight is going to be a classic park the bus game

Hopefully United don't hold out too long.

COME YA YOUNG BOYS!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

COME YA YOUNG BOYS!

Shame there isn't a fuck off emoji/reaction choice lol!!!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

COME YA YOUNG BOYS!

YB played Dinamo in qualifing round and didn t impress, so I really don t think they can trouble Jose's bus...

Red Star/Crvena Zvezda 0:0 against Napoli. Serbian football on the rise, watch out!!11!! Almost got to the Napoli's half that one time too

Got tickets to watch Liverpool here. Hope they don't play with the youngsters like Arsenal last year

At least City lost. Bit weird seeing a English team in the champion's league with so many empty seats it looked like a pre-season friendly. 

Watched the Roma game against Madrid. Roma are dreadful. Like watching a player on fifa who doesn't know how to score (Madrid) against a team on amateur mode for 90 minutes. Really should have been 7-0 at least.

Still have hopes after tonight that United will be out at the group stages. Juventus looking good.

Edited by AtariLegend

Going purely on this game, I don’t see Valencia having enough to trouble Juventus and Manchester United for qualification.

Maybe not Valencia away. Draw at home to Valencia. Lose to Juve home and away. Realistically?

51 minutes ago, Juventino said:

Looking at it now, I’d take a draw from Old Trafford and be confident of doing the business in Turin.

You could slam em both ways really the way they been playing. 

I must say that I’ve not watched Manchester Utd for quite some time, but we don’t have the best record on English soil and a draw wouldn’t the worst thing anyway because we shouldn’t be dropping points anywhere else.

I guess we’ll see what happens with Ronaldo, that will have a big impact.

Do those decisions ever get turned over?

Sanchez didn’t play CL? Is he going to leave in Jan?