THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

Len will show you the sights, act as your tour guide. He'll show you the pub, The Blind Beggar, where Ronnie Kray murdered George Cornell. 

PS

Also, you haven't been to London until you've eaten jellied eels and mash in an East End greasy spoon.

Edited by DieselDaisy

That Utd win was like a black op. I was reading Gary neville moaning about them losing and Mourinho sacked headlines through out the night. Wake up and they won 3-2 and Sanchez scored. This will be like when Fergus almost got sacked. 

I knew if I made Kane capt he wouldn’t score. 

Basically it’s Aguero and Hazard. 

Looks more between Chelsea and City. Chelsea dispatch the lower teams no sweat. 

Their squad is thin but they might just have enough. Maybe 1-2 players to fit the system might be enough. Hazard with a freer role is unplayable. 

2 hours ago, wasted said:

I knew if I made Kane capt he wouldn’t score. 

Basically it’s Aguero and Hazard. 

Looks more between Chelsea and City. Chelsea dispatch the lower teams no sweat. 

Their squad is thin but they might just have enough. Maybe 1-2 players to fit the system might be enough. Hazard with a freer role is unplayable. 

I did the same with Kane! Transferred him in instead of Hazard, partly because Aubemyang a doubt, and partly cos home game.

So transferred Kane for Aubemyang: Kane didn't score and got booked, Hazard got goal and assist, and after just getting bits and pieces in the league all season Aubemyang came on looked why I had him in from the start: got 2 goals and an assist!!

I've been raving about Hazard for years, and thought about bringing him in before their Cardiff game, but would have cost extra transfer, and didn't have any injuries so didn't bother!

In real football, yeh, Chelsea starting so well under Sarri after poor last season has been a surprise. Still think City have too much of a squad to lose it, although Chelsea not being in Champions League helps them. 

21 hours ago, wasted said:

Player power innit. 

Yeh, I think partly that, since Bosman ruling; and partly owners or franchises that want it as their toy, or global business franchise. 

The quick fix works sometimes, like Palace last season, but doesn't others, like Sunderland.

I think there's always been a bit of both, but now the quick changes are the norm, whereas years ago they were the anomalies: like Clough at Leeds!

Hopefully Bielsa is doing a good job now at Leeds, but Monk's doing well at Brum, so could have still been doing well at Leeds, after he left when they just missed the play-offs! But then he didn't do well at Boro, and was out quickly.

Like most things in life, I don't think there's a golden rule, and it's a case by case basis really.

I think the norm should still be a couple of years though. I think it takes that long to build a team and your philosophy.

1 hour ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Yeh, I think partly that, since Bosman ruling; and partly owners or franchises that want it as their toy, or global business franchise. 

The quick fix works sometimes, like Palace last season, but doesn't others, like Sunderland.

I think there's always been a bit of both, but now the quick changes are the norm, whereas years ago they were the anomalies: like Clough at Leeds!

Hopefully Bielsa is doing a good job now at Leeds, but Monk's doing well at Brum, so could have still been doing well at Leeds, after he left when they just missed the play-offs! But then he didn't do well at Boro, and was out quickly.

Like most things in life, I don't think there's a golden rule, and it's a case by case basis really.

I think the norm should still be a couple of years though. I think it takes that long to build a team and your philosophy.

3 games is all you have got. They want or need success now. Maybe because they just blew 50 mil on players. But there’s definitely an invest for the future, buy a new stadium, buy players, then work out how to pay for it later. 

I heard on the radio the situation with players like Ramsey is that as they get closer to end of contract they can ask for 350k a week or they will leave on free to new club and get a 20 mil pay package for joining. So the new club are happy because they got a 40 mil player they can sell for nothing. So wages are no problem. Maybe what happened with Sanchez. Utd got him cheap so 500k is nothing. 

But this whole merry go round really makes managers helpless. They get players that are the best deal. And have to make do. Whereas Clough just got the players he wanted for his system and that was it. He didn’t get 4 attacking mids and have to work how to play the sulky winger on 500k. 

Edited by wasted

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuckin' tight at the top.  2 points between the top 5.

I told you, your manager wasn't bad pre-season. 

That said, it's all fine you finshing above United and Spurs, but keep your distance from us :tongue2:.

I don't think we're wining the league.

40 minutes ago, wasted said:

Don’t worry Arsenal will draw next week. 

Wouldn’t surprise me :lol:

20 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I told you, your manager wasn't bad pre-season. 

That said, it's all fine you finshing above United and Spurs, but keep your distance from us :tongue2:.

I don't think we're wining the league.

I think you’ve as good a chance as any, just seem to go missing a bit sometimes.  

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I think you’ve as good a chance as any, just seem to go missing a bit sometimes.  

Spurs don’t look convincing. Kane is playing no 10 role like he for England, like he’s injured or something. 

Arsenal need some more heavyweighter players in mid, but it seems to work when it works having all these passing midgets. 

Utd will probably get it together. 

Chelsea are a machine. Rudiger and Permboy look solid at back with Jorginho and Kante in mid.

Arsenal, Utd,Spurs fight for 4th. 

Arsenal have been getting results but there are still some ricketey elements on the pitch that want sorting out.  They seem to come into their own in the 2nd half but him em hard and early and the frailties are there to expose, teams have still been getting their chances against us.  They do appear to be slightly more well drilled though.

Lacazette, Aubayang and Ozil don’t really look like they track back much. Even Ramsey isn’t really one for defending. My theory is they need a big defensive mid in there alongside Haka. Someone to put the shits up the oppo. They have enough little bitches they need a Queen Latifah to smack people around. 

34 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

No surprises next week, international week, so no games!

Should beat Leicester next game. Chelsea v Man. Utd should be interesting!

18 minutes ago, wasted said:

Lacazette, Aubayang and Ozil don’t really look like they track back much. Even Ramsey isn’t really one for defending. My theory is they need a big defensive mid in there alongside Haka. Someone to put the shits up the oppo. They have enough little bitches they need a Queen Latifah to smack people around. 

Torreira supposed to be good as holding player in Arsenal team. But still work in progress, as you say.