Jump to content
Len Cnut

THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2018/19

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

So many crap semi's puns to be made here but I'm going to be mature today :lol:

Fuck off Len you ? mature ? " Pull " the other one!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

What are the odds on another Liverpool vs City semi you reckon? 

0. Opposite sides of draw. 

We get Barcelona, after Porto.

City if they beat Spurs get Ajax or more likely Juventus

Edited by AtariLegend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

0. Opposite sides of draw. 

We get Barcelona, after Porto.

City if they beat Spurs get Ajax or more likely Juventus

You don't you get United :) Bit of optimism please bin dipper 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barcelona might not be the team from a few years ago, but they'll run through United.

This is not a 3 player team like PSG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Ole's at the wheel.

Yeah he was at the wheel last Sunday weren't he? :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Len Cnut said:

Yeah he was at the wheel last Sunday weren't he? :D

He's been at the wheel for quite some time now. He was at the wheel when we beat Tottenham away. Chelsea away. PSG away. And of course Arsenal away. He's been at the wheel for, what is it, 14 victories, 2 draws and two losses now? Or something like that. You cannot deny the great results. As for the last match against Arsenal, a draw or win for United would have been a more fair result, but that's football, "innit"? Sometimes you simply have bad luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

He's been at the wheel for quite some time now. He was at the wheel when we beat Tottenham away. Chelsea away. PSG away. And of course Arsenal away. He's been at the wheel for, what is it, 14 victories, 2 draws and two losses now? Or something like that. You cannot deny the great results. As for the last match against Arsenal, a draw or win for United would have been a more fair result, but that's football, "innit"? Sometimes you simply have bad luck.

Or good luck...until your obvious flaws rise to the surface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Or good luck...until your obvious flaws rise to the surface.

Oh, we have definitely have good luck, against PSG and Tottenham. But not against Arsenal or Liverpool. And we are by far better now than we were just some months ago, so excuse me for being excited about having Ole's at the wheel :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Oh, we have definitely have good luck, against PSG and Tottenham. But not against Arsenal or Liverpool. And we are by far better now than we were just some months ago, so excuse me for being excited about having Ole's at the wheel :)

You're not, you're the same team, perhaps worse in a way because you know now, for a fact, that you've got a squad full of players who don't give a fuck for the club or the shirt.  That sort of mercenary behaviour eventually manifests itself again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

You're not, you're the same team, perhaps worse in a way because you know now, for a fact, that you've got a squad full of players who don't give a fuck for the club or the shirt.  That sort of mercenary behaviour eventually manifests itself again.

They didn't give a fuck for Mourinho -- and I am fine with that :lol: Give it some time with proper man-management where they are treated decently and they will be as loyal to the club as any footballer can be. Because, you know, United is a club with pedigree and history, Ole is bringing it back and, as you know, the players are proud to play for the club again and we fans are proud to watch them play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

They didn't give a fuck for Mourinho -- and I am fine with that :lol: Give it some time with proper man-management where they are treated decently and they will be as loyal to the club as any footballer can be. Because, you know, United is a club with pedigree and history, Ole is bringing it back and, as you know, the players are proud to play for the club again and we fans are proud to watch them play. 

It shows a distinct lack of character, these things tend to show up again when things don't go your way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

It shows a distinct lack of character, these things tend to show up again when things don't go your way. 

If so, it is a problem with the modern footballer and not the United players. Except that we have a few academy players who are likely to be loyal, and except for the fact that we, as I said, have a pedigree and history that evokes more loyalty than clubs with no such thing who just buy players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

If so, it is a problem with the modern footballer and not the United players

You can't divorce yourself from modern football like United is some defunct team, in fact its teams like United that lead the way with that kinda shit based on how big they are.

Quote

have a pedigree and history that evokes more loyalty than clubs with no such thing who just buy players.

I've not noticed any :shrugs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You can't divorce yourself from modern football like United is some defunct team, in fact its teams like United that lead the way with that kinda shit based on how big they are.

I've not noticed any :shrugs:

United is special. It comes with the pedigree and history. Teams that "lead the way with that kinda shit" are teams like City and Chelsea and PSG, teams with nothing but rich owners. Upstarts. Brats. Such teams doesn't instill loyalty, because players come because of the cash not because of also playing for a legendary team. 

And you will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All these teams are basically as historical as each other. Most of these clubs were founded at about the same time, as the 19th century gave way to the 20th. Manchester United haven't got a monopoly on history haha. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

All these teams are basically as historical as each other. Most of these clubs were founded at about the same time, as the 19th century gave way to the 20th. Manchester United haven't got a monopoly on history haha. 

Jesus. I wasn't talking about which team was the oldest :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Jesus. I wasn't talking about which team was the oldest :lol:

 

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

United is special. It comes with the...history.

Thus predisposing that they have some sort of monopoly on possessing a history. All these clubs have the same amount of history. Arsenal? They were linked with the Woolwich Garrison. Newcastle began as two teams that were then ''united''. They all have this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

United is special. It comes with the pedigree and history

A bit, yeah.

Quote

Teams that "lead the way with that kinda shit" are teams like City and Chelsea and PSG, teams with nothing but rich owners. Upstarts. Brats.

You should probably have a look at your transfer market layouts over the years before making a comment like that.

Quote

Such teams doesn't instill loyalty, because players come because of the cash not because of also playing for a legendary team. 

Have a look at the teams you've named and have a look at how long some of their longest serving players have been there for.  But I suppose they can't win because its for the money I suppose :shrugs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

 

Thus predisposing that they have some sort of monopoly on possessing a history

Hahaha, oh, Diesel :lol:

No, it means they have a special history. Everything that exists has a history. It sort of comes with the territory of existing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

A bit, yeah.

You should probably have a look at your transfer market layouts over the years before making a comment like that.

The transfer market layout these last years have been absolutely shameful, I agree. Fortunately, Ole has signaled things will change now. We will focus on purchasing for the longterm, not just short-term signings of big names (Sanchez, anyone?), and we will focus on academy players. That is the United way. And quite frankly, if you want long term sustainability, it is the only way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×