THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Out of interest, what would Liverpool have preferred, the Premiership or Europe, and would Manchester City have switched their Premiership for a European crown? I think Premiership for the Scousers given that they haven't won since the Ian Rush era and that they possess six European titles, and Champions League for City given that they have won four Premiership gongs since 2011-12 and have won nothing in Europe.

Maybe they should swap trophies?

No question City would prefer winning the CL. Liverpool's don't regret anything. They won the biggest title in footbal right after the world cup

4 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

What there the odds on Ruiz like?

I was in Thailand fliying home so never got a chance to look at the odds before hand.

Remember saying to you wouldn't it be funny if AJ got banged in his USA Debut fuck I should have had money on it.

Fuck knows I didn’t even check because it never occured to me that he might get spannered :lol:  I mean Ruiz is good, I knew that, certainly better on paper than Big Baby Miller, he got jobbed again Joseph Parker but fuck me, I couldn’t’ve called that, not on the best day of my life.  

37 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is an irony there in celebrating your love of ''Liverpewwl'' by making it look like an absolute shithole.

Yes I suppose there is :lol: I was more expecting a response of 'scousers don't pay council tax'  :lol:  I'm surprised no one slipped that one in.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Yes I suppose there is :lol: I was more expecting a response of 'scousers don't pay council tax'  :lol:  I'm surprised no one slipped that one in.

I wasn't going to make a joke about them. Scousers nurse a grievance for a very long time. It is the Irish in them I suppose. 

Speaking seriously, have you ever seen a Champions League success covered in such a prominent way by our mainstream news - main headline for most televised news? Chelsea won it about eight years ago. Man U won it in the mid 00s and in their triple season. Liverpool themselves won it in the mid 00s. Yet I have never seen such hyperbole produced as for this victory. It was reported as if England had won the World Cup.

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wasn't going to make a joke about them. Scousers nurse a grievance for a very long time. It is the Irish in them I suppose. 

Speaking seriously, have you ever seen a Champions League success covered in such a prominent way by our mainstream news - main headline for most televised news? Chelsea won it about eight years ago. Man U won it in the mid 00s and in their triple season. Liverpool themselves won it in the mid 00s. Yet I have never seen such hyperbole produced as for this victory. It was reported as if England had won the World Cup.

There's more of an interesting narrative surrounding Liverpool I suppose.  Liverpool is still percieved as this working class club with a sense of community, harking back to 'the good old days' of British football, all the lads on the Kop, all aqquainted, they're sort of underdogs.  When your Chelseas win its like a victory for new money and investment, United are a club that its very hard to like but Liverpool speak to something in us, they have this narrative of a club that is hard done by in reputation, good honest strugglers that were once great sort of reclaiming that greatness, through a certain lens there's sense of romance to it, whether that is in line with reality or not is another matter. 

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

There's more of an interesting narrative surrounding Liverpool I suppose.  Liverpool is still percieved as this working class club with a sense of community, harking back to 'the good old days' of British football, all the lads on the Kop, all aqquainted, they're sort of underdogs.  When your Chelseas win its like a victory for new money and investment, United are a club that its very hard to like but Liverpool speak to something in us, they have this narrative of a club that is hard done by in reputation, good honest strugglers that were once great sort of reclaiming that greatness, through a certain lens there's sense of romance to it, whether that is in line with reality or not is another matter. 

Basically they are not an utter bunch of cunts like Chelsea and Man United are haha.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Basically they are not an utter bunch of cunts like Chelsea and Man United are haha.

Thats about the size of it, yes :lol:  When teams like Arsenal (who never win) or Liverpool win its sort of like a victory of old English football because its done on merit and not...other things.

Edited by Len Cnut

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is an irony there in celebrating your love of ''Liverpewwl'' by making it look like an absolute shithole.

You ever been there? That’s pretty clean by ‘pewl standards. Place is a fucking bombsite. The area around the Cavern stinks of piss and the Ropewalks area is full of bagheads. 

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

You ever been there? That’s pretty clean by ‘pewl standards. Place is a fucking bombsite. The area around the Cavern stinks of piss and the Ropewalks area is full of bagheads. 

No. I keep meaning to go to Aigburth which Lanky use as an outground. It has one of the oldest pavalions, 

Liverpool_Cricket_Club_-_geograph.org.uk

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

No. I keep meaning to go to Aigburth which Lanky use as an outground. It has one of the oldest pavalions, 

Liverpool_Cricket_Club_-_geograph.org.uk

We went to Liverpool for a day out on the day of the World Cup final. Saw multiple smackheads asleep in the middle of the road and I was accosted on no fewer than three occasions by THE SAME GUY trying to sell me blow within an hour or so mid afternoon. 

Also checked out the Baltic Triangle which has some really cool bars (check out Caine's Brewery and Camp and Furnace) only to see a bunch of kids shooting heroin blatantly in the street as I walked by with my 3 year old. :lol:

Funny you should mention Aigburth however as that area is absolutely charming (though with high crime apparently). Lark Lane is a really cool little place in the area that the wife and I were looking to move to last year as she had a bit of a lady boner for Scousland brielfy.

https://www.visitliverpool.com/explore-the-city/top-spots/lark-lane

Has loads of cool little shops, bars etc etc. We also put down a deposit on a private school at the end of the road for Jr before we decided to move to Trafford because the schools in Liverpool are absolutely horrendous.

7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

We went to Liverpool for a day out on the day of the World Cup final. Saw multiple smackheads asleep in the middle of the road and I was accosted on no fewer than three occasions by THE SAME GUY trying to sell me blow within an hour or so mid afternoon. 

Also checked out the Baltic Triangle which has some really cool bars (check out Caine's Brewery and Camp and Furnace) only to see a bunch of kids shooting heroin blatantly in the street as I walked by with my 3 year old. :lol:

Funny you should mention Aigburth however as that area is absolutely charming (though with high crime apparently). Lark Lane is a really cool little place in the area that the wife and I were looking to move to last year as she had a bit of a lady boner for Scousland brielfy.

https://www.visitliverpool.com/explore-the-city/top-spots/lark-lane

Has loads of cool little shops, bars etc etc. We also put down a deposit on a private school at the end of the road for Jr before we decided to move to Trafford because the schools in Liverpool are absolutely horrendous.

I can see you're from a pleb background just by this little error.

Public school old boy. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I can see you're from a pleb background just by this little error.

Public school old boy. 

Does it count as a proper “Public School” if it’s less than 10 grand a year? 😂

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I haven't got a clue. The public school kids used to get their heads kicked in where I live. 

They didn’t exist where I used to live so everybody got their heads kicked in just in case. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

They didn’t exist where I used to live so everybody got their heads kicked in just in case. :lol: 

There are actually some affluent parts of the north east. People don't realise this as they are just go there to drink and pick up slags. There is Jesmond and Gosforth. Jesmond is where the footballers live; I think Shearer and Sir John Hall live there - or did (I say ''did' as I'm not sure if Hall is still alive haha). There are a lot of grammar schools also, Tynemouth and that neck of the woods. Tynemouth used to be posh but then the lads and slags moved there when they got bored with Whitley so its reputation took a bit of a dive, but there is still a grammar school there and still a statue of Queen Victoria covered in bird shit.