THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I haven't got a clue. The public school kids used to get their heads kicked in where I live. 

Good, they deserve it.  Cept Baby McLeod of course, fuck the rest though :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

33 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Was talking about best players in the world, not United minows 

The EPL is tough, not sure if Pirlo or Zidane lasts to that age in that league. Drogba was also pretty old when he left but he didn't play there his whole life.

Edited by moreblack

3 minutes ago, moreblack said:

The EPL is tough, not sure if Pirlo or Zidane lasts to that age in that league. Drogba was also pretty old when he left but he didn't play there his whole life.

Please, Zidane would piss all over the Prem...Pirlo the same, if in a less pronounced way.

2 minutes ago, moreblack said:

You don't think they lasted that long because their leagues were less demanding?

Pirlo to a point but he’d still be a solid bet anywhere it the world, Zidane is just walking silverware, pure game changer.

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

That's what people say after they have lost.

No really, there were only a few people in the pub and they were all having conversations and didn't seem to care much. There was one chap with an England top on so he had at least dressed for the occasion. 

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

No really, there were only a few people in the pub and they were all having conversations and didn't seem to care much. There was one chap with an England top on so he had at least dressed for the occasion. 

I guess a competition has to mature a bit before people get passionate about it.  I don't even get how it works, how did England qualify to suddenly be in the semis of this thing, wheres the rest of the competition? 

It's the first time this tournament was held, it doesn't have a history yet. Here every football match that involves the national team is rather important for supporters, even when it's a friendly match.

Edited by EvanG

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Friendlies never get much interest either. Sven's England v Lichtenstein with about 7 subs. They're utter wank.

Anyone watching the women's world cup later?

There is nothing more depressing than an 80% full Wembley for an England friendly. Especially when that fucking brass pipes up for the entire second half.

12 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

There is nothing more depressing than an 80% full Wembley for an England friendly. Especially when that fucking brass pipes up for the entire second half.

I know the stand in the centre is always empty for the second half, corporates having not finished their prawn sandwiches. Incidentally, we have a bunch of corporates at our out-ground fixture just outside Newcastle and some of them show so little interest in the cricket they actually have their back turned towards the field whilst talking and getting their free drink and feed. They piss me off tremendously.