THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Because they consider football a girl's sport basically haha. ''Soccer moms''. 

That must be why they're so good at it then. C'mon, don't be that guy. I've been watching all the games so far and as a neutral I was cheering the England girls on against Scotland. I picked England because overall their players were more attractive.

6 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

That must be why they're so good at it then. C'mon, don't be that guy. I've been watching all the games so far and as a neutral I was cheering the England girls on against Scotland. I picked England because overall their players were more attractive.

It is not the sport for lookers seemingly, football - not as good as cricket which boasts such beauties as Daniella Wyatt, Sarah Taylor, Ellyse Perry and Dane van Niekerk. Although Perry did play for the Oz footy team for awhile as a dual athlete, instead opting for cricket.

54 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is not the sport for lookers seemingly, football - not as good as cricket which boasts such beauties as Daniella Wyatt, Sarah Taylor, Ellyse Perry and Dane van Niekerk. Although Perry did play for the Oz footy team for awhile as a dual athlete, instead opting for cricket.

You want to see the rugby girls.

59 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

All well and good but if you want the best looking girls in sport today you need to check out women's rugby

6 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

You want to see the rugby girls.

All well and good but if you want the best looking girls in sport today you need to check out women's rugby

There are women there that could beat me at arm wrestling.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Why you watching womens football for ya big nancy? :lol: 

I'm woke, but only after a few coffees. 

PS

Dutch v Cameroonians and an all Commonwealth match-up between Canada and Goat's lot tomorrow. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

37 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I can't wait to watch this Maradonna is my favorite all time player 

Me too, been trawling the torrent sites for it already.  Wanna see the Liam Gallagher docu ‘As It Was’ too, cant find that on torrent which is weird, you usually do once you they’re up on itunes or whatever.

REALLY wanna see this one though!

33 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Yeah that Liam one looks good you ever seen Supersonic? That was a belter.

Think there both doing cinema runs so don't think there going to be on torrents just yet the Maradonna one I will buy the blu ray.

Got the Gascoine blu ray that was good as well 

I'm not sure if I saw the Gazza one...actually yes I did, I remember now.  Supersonic was pretty good, if a bit glossy but glossy is good sometimes too.

12 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

The Gazza one was great really explored his downside poor guy was destined to be a wreck.

Sort of feel things are so bad for him they can never be repaired.

I remembered I've seen it cuz I remembered that scene of that car crash he saw early doors.

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Yeah one of his mates brothers or someone wasn't it?

Poor kid died there and then and Gazza blamed himself for it.

Guy is on a dark dark path every time he gets sober he relapses badly.

Only one way this story ends. He's too far gone.

16 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

It's really sad My old man was an alcoholic he ended up dying young found dead in his room was 50 years old living at his Mum's still.

Horrible shit is any addiction really but you can see my me Mum packed her bags and fucked off addiction takes everything you have from you and you would happily give it and then in the end it takes you.

We've all seen it happen to so many people, yet we've never figured out how to pull them out of it.

I have a philsophical approach to the idea myself.  Some people just like a drink, its what they are and who they are.  Oliver Reed for example, there weren't no big trauma in his life or some pain he was trying to mask, he was just like that.  Same with Moonie (he accidentally killed his mate Neil Bolan but he was a madhead way before that), even people I know closer to home like this friend of my Dads, its just what they're like. 

They way I look at it is, honest and truthful now, I like a drink myself and if drinking or 'x' thing takes years off my life or what have you then so be it.  I don't mind keeling over in my 60s, the pissbag years don't look too appealing to me and like, I have an enormous sense of personal dignity, I don't think I could bear being a burden on someone, gettin my arse wiped and legs slung onto a bed by some big fuckin' Nurse whatsherface from One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest. 

We ain't here for a long time, we're here for a good time.  Three score and then and thats my lot, I'm not arsed after that, I wanna go out while I've still got my fuckin' marbles about me.  And fair play, life is grim for the common man, at least Gazza was something once, most of us will never be nothin', Gazza ain't someone to pity.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I have a philsophical approach to the idea myself.  Some people just like a drink, its what they are and who they are.  Oliver Reed for example, there weren't no big trauma in his life or some pain he was trying to mask, he was just like that.  Same with Moonie (he accidentally killed his mate Neil Bolan but he was a madhead way before that), even people I know closer to home like this friend of my Dads, its just what they're like. 

They way I look at it is, honest and truthful now, I like a drink myself and if drinking or 'x' thing takes years off my life or what have you then so be it.  I don't mind keeling over in my 60s, the pissbag years don't look too appealing to me and like, I have an enormous sense of personal dignity, I don't think I could bear being a burden on someone, gettin my arse wiped and legs slung onto a bed by some big fuckin' Nurse whatsherface from One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest. 

We ain't here for a long time, we're here for a good time.  Three score and then and thats my lot, I'm not arsed after that, I wanna go out while I've still got my fuckin' marbles about me.  And fair play, life is grim for the common man, at least Gazza was something once, most of us will never be nothin', Gazza ain't someone to pity.

I agree with everything you say but there is a drunkeness, of your Anglo-Irish thespians and George Best, and then a (don't open),

Spoiler

2939150.main_image.jpg?strip=all

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Me too, been trawling the torrent sites for it already.  Wanna see the Liam Gallagher docu ‘As It Was’ too, cant find that on torrent which is weird, you usually do once you they’re up on itunes or whatever.

REALLY wanna see this one though!

Rent it for £3 on iTunes then you tight cunt! :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Rent it for £3 on iTunes then you tight cunt! :lol: 

I can never see shit through in the one sitting and the 48 hours often runs out.  Having said that i got I am Duran off of itunes, As It Was doesn’t hold the same interest though, once i start buying shit like that i’ll end up doing 500 quid a month on all sorts of bollocks, why bother when you can ponce it for free, I’ve served my fuckin’ days paying for films and music, traipsing up and down Oxford Street, ordering albums in for 18 quid from America that i can get for free now, I must’ve spent several tens of thousands of quid on films and music over my short life, I’m never paying for that shit again if I can help it :lol: