THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Anyone up for a fantasy football league for the new season?

I just renewed it, and you're entered automatically, alongside Luis Silva: Congratulations to Luis for winning the inaugural league title; admittedly begrudgingly from me!

If anyone else wants to share our VAR frustrations and stressful deliberations the league's at: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues and the code for the mygnr league is: gsw467

21 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Nice one lad!

The idea of that game gives me a semi!

Join the fantasy league this year bro

Don't make no fuckin' sense to me mate, never did get  my head around that shit.  Plus it sounds too much like work :lol:

• Like 1

HOLLAND! HOLLAND! HOLLAND! HOLLAND! 

But seriously, they have to step it up if they even want to have a chance against those Americans. But it would be pretty sweet to become world champions after having won the Euro in 2017.

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Some of these players don't like it up em it's fair to say.

Holland v Sweden on now though and not an obvious muff diver in sight.

*Edit:  retract that Ive just clocked the Dutch goalie.

Some of those teams have freaking supermodels in them... I've developed crushes on one-fourth of the Swedish team tonight. Especially Lina Hurtig.

This is an ex international who has been analysing the matches on TV here for the past four weeks. I usually don't care for watching people talk about football, but it's been very interesting this tournament, I must say.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor anouk hoogendijk

The Swedes have some lookers. There are a few Yankees who are lookers also albeit they, Morgan and Press, look like they have loads of money and are in Beverly Hills 90whatever, and have a boyfriend who is a jock called Zac or Wayne who drives a sports car. If they were Brits they'd be ''the horsey set''. It is a sort of arrogant, disdainful and self-conscious ''good looks''. 

It is up to the Dutch then as they are arrogant as hell, these Yanks and are managed by Captain Janeway.

I'm not counting on it. Not saying the Dutchies don't deserve to be in the final, but they've already had luck on their side a couple of times and haven't been playing consistent enough, and you can't play like that against the American team who seem to be in a league of their own, so it's going to be tough.

What was that American player doing after she scored against England? Mocking the Brits with that 'tea-sign'? Or was that some kind of political statement?

I wonder what she will do if she scores against the Dutch... pretend to walk on wooden shoes or smoke a joint?

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

What was that American player doing after she scored against England? Mocking the Brits with that 'tea-sign'? Or was that some kind of political statement?

I wonder what she will do if she scores against the Dutch... pretend to walk on wooden shoes or smoke a joint?

Mocking our penchant for tea I believe. They are an arrogant side and I hope they'll be defeated - witness their celebrations v the Thais. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

Brazil won the Copa America I see.  I wonder if we're gonna see a resurgence of the Samba Boys now in international football, they have a history of it after all.  Didn't really get to watch the competition, can't be fucked staying up all hours now, not for footy anyway.