THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

23 hours ago, killuridols said:

If their image is that of a "more European" and not so "Hispanic" as Boca Juniors, like Diesel described... kind of associating European with good values and manners while Hispanic are dirty and barbarians, then they should not be linked to something as low as offering the kids they educate in their club to the pedophile community :shrugs:

That's why I say they are like that only in theory.... It's an image they've sold to the world.

Does La Boca still retain the Italian heritage (the neighbourhood that is)?

2 hours ago, wasted said:

I’m not familiar with Casemiro and Remato but

Marcello

T Silva 

miranda

Danilo

Fernandinho

Countho

Neymar

William

Firmino

Jesus 

all play for Champions league teams.

Casemiro plays alongside Toni Kroos and Luka Modric as the Madrid midfield that's won the last 4/5 champions leagues. He's first choice over Fernandiho. In other words he's pretty good and their goal keeper, Allison is about to break the transfer record.

They are no Argentina.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 minute ago, AtariLegend said:

Casemiro plays alongside Toni Kroos and Luka Modric as the Madrid midfield that's won the last 4/5 champions leagues. He's first choice over Fernandiho. In other words he's pretty good and thir goal keeper, Allison is about to break the transfer record.

They are no Argentina.

I forgot Diego Costa came on too and looked the best player. That is the trick Brazil there players play in europe and not for Leicester city. 

On 6/22/2018 at 2:21 AM, Padme said:

They are used to it. In 1993 Colombia beat them 5-0  during qualifying for the 1994 WC. In South Africa WC Germany beat them 4-0. In 1958 Sweeden WC they were also elinamted in first round. 2002 WC also eliminated in first round. In 1970, they didn't even qualify for the Mexico WC

I don't think that means they're used to it.  You're talking about decades of history.  It happens to every team in the world.

2 hours ago, Padme said:

Brazil, Germany, Argentina, England, France, Spain and maybe even Portugal. Let's not forget Portugal is the current  Euro Champion at the moment. All these teams have chances to play the final, some more than others, still the chance in there. But we have also seen the unthinkable can happen. Just ask Italy and Netherlands.

True. Was shocking Italy didnt make it.

2 hours ago, wasted said:

They should based on team sheet. But who knows what happens in the QF SF with VAR and FIFA involved I put money on Argentina v Russia. 

Yeah, I myself think Brasil will make it. But many in other forums saying they will be eliminated in the top 16. And really think Argentina can still make it in the finals? Brasil vs. Argentina would be nice. lol

On 6/22/2018 at 3:09 AM, Padme said:

But Argentina believes it is out of the ordinary because of they have Messi. That's the problem. Football is a team sport. You need the right players in the right positions to do their part. Argentina made it to the final match in 2014 because it was a team effort. And I guess because they have a good manager as well

When you say 'Argentina' you mean the team or the country?  I mean, have you spoken to actual Argentinians?  Because I have and they want him dead.  I think it's easy for non-Argentinians to hate on Messi based on the fact that someone else put him on a pedestal he certainly didn't ask for.  Sure, the guy's performance has been subpar so far, but I put blame, first, on their coach, Sampaoli.

Now that Nigeria won against Iceland, they still have a chance, but I don't think that means anything as they shouldn't make it far from their group phase, IMO.  They need to go back and start over for the next WC.

3 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

When you say 'Argentina' you mean the team or the country?  I mean, have you spoken to actual Argentinians?  Because I have and they want him dead.  I think it's easy for non-Argentinians to hate on Messi based on the fact that someone else put him on a pedestal he certainly didn't ask for.  Sure, the guy's performance has been subpar so far, but I put blame, first, on their coach, Sampaoli.

Now that Nigeria won against Iceland, they still have a chance, but I don't think that means anything as they shouldn't make it far from their group phase, IMO.  They need to go back and start over for the next WC.

Wow. Just noticed youre from Peru. Im gonna visit Peru next year, usual. Machu Picchu, Lima, eat guinea pig...

4 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

That's neat.  Let me know when you're here it would be nice to hang out and talk about Slash's hair lol.

Sure! I will be with my gf. Need to book Machu trek soon, I read they ran out of permits early.  But hey, still a year away. Going to Rock in Rio then might as well go to Peru, Bolivia, Argentina. Flight from Philippines to Brasil is 26 hours total... lol. WIll take advantage of SA atleast.

And lets talk about Axl's voice!

Edited by ChristmasFnatic

18 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Sure! I will be with my gf. Need to book Machu trek soon, I read they ran out of permits early.  But hey, still a year away. Going to Rock in Rio then might as well go to Peru, Bolivia, Argentina. Flight from Philippines to Brasil is 26 hours total... lol. WIll take advantage of SA atleast.

And lets talk about Axl's voice!

Nah, they're always trying to con the tourists.

I was in Rio early this year.  My girlfriend travels to Brazil every year.  Beautiful place, you won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Everyone, the team and the country because of Messi. I can't blame Sampaoli for everything. Before him Argentina was a manager's revolving door. Sampaoli was hired last year. The guy didn't have a lot of time to work. Besides Sampaoli has people above him. The Argentine Football Federation doesn't seem to be very good. If he sucks. Blame the people who hire him because they are cluless

1 hour ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

True. Was shocking Italy didnt make it.

Yeah, I myself think Brasil will make it. But many in other forums saying they will be eliminated in the top 16. And really think Argentina can still make it in the finals? Brasil vs. Argentina would be nice. lol

There’s no evidence to suggest Argentina will progress futher than Brazil. Of course Belgium and France have best squads but Brazil still have a good team. 

Once it’s knockout anything can happen really. Penalties are basically a lotery so any team could get knocked out unfairly. Maybe VAR favors smallers teams theres less unconscious bias. 

At the end of the day football is a game of two halves and Germany will win. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Nah, they're always trying to con the tourists.

I was in Rio early this year.  My girlfriend travels to Brazil every year.  Beautiful place, you won't be disappointed.

Yeah. I was in Brasil last Sept. skipped RiR and watched GN’R, Aerosmith and Bon Jovi in Sao Paulo. Rio is beautiful. Too bad many say its too dangerous now. And many Brazilians I know speak bad of their country. Even in WC, some are so negative lol.

10 minutes ago, wasted said:

There’s no evidence to suggest Argentina will progress futher than Brazil. Of course Belgium and France have best squads but Brazil still have a good team. 

Once it’s knockout anything can happen really. Penalties are basically a lotery so any team could get knocked out unfairly. Maybe VAR favors smallers teams theres less unconscious bias. 

At the end of the day football is a game of two halves and Germany will win. 

So true.  Wanna see Brasil vs France. If I remember correctly, no South American team won against France for a good while.

Brasil vs Germany too so Brasil will have their revenge and KO Germany!

2 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Yeah. I was in Brasil last Sept. skipped RiR and watched GN’R, Aerosmith and Bon Jovi in Sao Paulo. Rio is beautiful. Too bad many say its too dangerous now. And many Brazilians I know speak bad of their country. Even in WC, some are so negative lol.

So true.  Wanna see Brasil vs France. If I remember correctly, no South American team won against France for a good while.

Brasil vs Germany too so Brasil will have their revenge and KO Germany!

Those are the games impossible to say. Will Brazils skill beat Germanys pragmatism. Costa Rica caused them problems what about serious Germany team. 

Spain have a rep but they are just past peak. France have Pogba and Griezman. They are a bit under estimated. Belgium get some hype. 

I never rule out South Anerican teams to get brutal.  Surarez or Messi, Ronaldo they can change games. 

2 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Is Swiss supposed to win it this year? They got pushed by the refs against both Brazil and us last night

I mean, we played like trash for 45 minutes but still :lol: Swiss didn't play any better and got a win cause of the refs 

Well, that attacking foul was disastrous call from ref, and don't get it why no VAR there...

And your team was great for first 45 minutes but 2nd half was just bad... 

You just have to win agains Neymar & co. - if they play like 1st 2 games you have a chance...

9 hours ago, wasted said:

This is it. Fifa will make sure Messi progresses. Nigeria beat Island iceland? I was watching that Nigeria had not shots on target when I was watching. I’m putting a grand on argentina to win the WC. The fix is in. 

There is an Argie fan that made a prediction on April 3rd and it has gone viral in the last hours

"I will leave this message here for when the time comes. In the WC we will start with the left foot, many problems will put us in danger of being eliminated in first round.

For starters, sort of a draw with Island and defeated by Croatia. Next, a magical awakening with Nigeria will leave us in the round of 16. To the quarter finals we will get by thrashing.

We will reach Semi-final as super candidates because the big teams will be eliminated. In semis we will fight tooth and claws to get a 2-2 draw and define it by penalties. We win.

In the final..... I'll keep it to myself."

:lol:

Edited by killuridols

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

There is an Argie fan that made a prediction on April 3rd and it has went viral in the last hours

"I will leave this message here for when the time comes. In the WC we will start with the left foot, many problems will put us in danger of being eliminated in first round.

For starters, sort of a draw with Island and defeated by Croatia. Next, a magical awakening with Nigeria will leave us in the round of 16. To the quarter finals we will get by thrashing.

We will reach Semi-final as super candidates because the big teams will be eliminated. In semis we will fight tooth and claws to get a 2-2 draw and define it by penalties. We win.

In the final..... I'll keep it to myself."

:lol:

WHAT THE FUCK?! Lol