THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Finished with bumming and going on the rob?

Can I not do both? :lol: On the plus side you can now visit Manchester unmolested. :lol: On a serious note for a second though I would very much recommend a Manchester visit. I absolutely love the place. 

Edited by Dazey

30 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Can I not do both? :lol: On the plus side you can now visit Manchester unmolested. :lol: On a serious note for a second though I would very much recommend a Manchester visit. I absolutely love the place. 

I'm sure it is paradise compared to Birmingham. I'll never for instance criticise Newcastle again after Birmingham!

Fiixtures look better for Utd and Spurs for a few games.

City just have so many easy games, they got two games before Liberpool. 

Lukaku to score v Wolves? 

Kane probably going to start scoring soon. 

Aguero not really on fire. 

Salah is due a brace. 

Moura looks quick but still not really a goal machine. 

Could be revolutionary move and go Wilson up front, Hazard into mid. 

Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

We have Martial Lukaku Sanchez Rashford .. Reckon Zlatan will come back on loan in Jan 

Lingard too. 

But need more. Martial doesn’t look at it. 

Just need some fresh options. They need a poacher and dribbler. Sanchez and Lukaku are big lumps. Like Long, a short arse goalscorer. And a Sterling type player. 

Davies at Everton could also add something in mid. Nobody really full of running in that team. No box to box. 

3 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

The whole Bebe fiasco was a strange one ... 

He was apparently purchased as a favor to Jorge Mendez and if things had worked out it would of led us to Nico Gaitan 

Sadly it turned out that Bebe was shit so was offloaded really quickly and that cancelled everything out...I had a dream he would become the next Ronaldo 

He was amazing really as just a player. But too lightweight for top level. But I think he would still be useful now. Chong would be fun to throw on last ten minutes. 

14 hours ago, moreblack said:

Big part of the problem is losing so much possession in the final 3rd and not being able to win it back before getting countered. And that's down to the guy on the ball not having options when he gets up there.

Not much movement from Lukaku or Sanchez really, even Rashford. They sort just want to be feed through. But they don’t seem to all out counter attack. They just hold possessiion up the field then lose it. Like England did in WC. 

So having someone sharper like an Owen type, Jesus maybe. A Sterling to unluck the defense. And maybe they don’t have a Silva or DeBrun with real creativity. Pogba/Mata just doesn’t make it happen the same. 

At least City lost. Bit weird seeing a English team in the champion's league with so many empty seats it looked like a pre-season friendly. 

Watched the Roma game against Madrid. Roma are dreadful. Like watching a player on fifa who doesn't know how to score (Madrid) against a team on amateur mode for 90 minutes. Really should have been 7-0 at least.

Still have hopes after tonight that United will be out at the group stages. Juventus looking good.

Edited by AtariLegend