THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I'll always love Rambo to be fair, got massive respect for him, its just funny seeing a shy lad with a Welsh accent under all that pressure trying to speak Italian :lol:

He’s doing better than Bale trying to speak Spanish after all these years.

24 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Bale will end up back at Spurs.

Munchen are interested but if he's struggling with Spanish he would be fucked with German.

He's sort of fucked though on such a big wage as no ones gonna pay him that when there's no guarantee he can last a full season. Obviously not fucked as in earning 600 grand a week isn't bad and he can always take a pay cut but in terms of walking away from such a good deal. But he ain't gonna get a game under Zidane so he's got to make a decision.

35 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

If I was him knowing full well no other cunt is going to pay you them wages I would sit it out at Madrid count my money and then piss off on a free.

Trouble with that is hes got about 3 more years to run on the contract and he's probably only got that left in the tank at the top level and that's being optimistic. So he'd just be sat on his arse wasting his last few years as an elite level player (albeit with the sweetener of picking up tens of millions pounds for doing fuck all)

Been reading a bit on the history of football. Interesting bit about England:

The first footie in Britain was played by huge numbers of people on vast 'pitches' with very few rules. Villages were divided into two sides, often based on where they lived. The games were usually linked to special dates in the calendar and some of these traditions have survived today. For instance, on January 1 in Kirkwall, Orkney, street football breaks out at 10.00am each year. There is a Hocktide (first Sunday after Easter) game at Workington, Cumbria, and July sees 'Reivers Week' at Duns, Borders, where the 'ba' game' is between the married and single men of the town. But the biggest day of the year for folk football in Britain is Shrove Tuesday. Some 50 such local traditions are recorded, although only six survive today.[6]

One of these is at Sedgefield, County Durham, where at 1.00pm, a ball is passed through a small ring, known as the Bull Ring, on the village green. It is then thrown to a baying pack of anything up to 1,000 players. The 500-yard pitch stretches between the two goals - an old duck pond and a stream - and the big match comes complete with its own traditional chant:

"When the pancakes are sated,
Come to the ring and you'll be mated,
There this ball will be upcast,
May this game be better than the last."

10 minutes ago, soon said:

Been reading a bit on the history of football. Interesting bit about England:

The first footie in Britain was played by huge numbers of people on vast 'pitches' with very few rules. Villages were divided into two sides, often based on where they lived. The games were usually linked to special dates in the calendar and some of these traditions have survived today. For instance, on January 1 in Kirkwall, Orkney, street football breaks out at 10.00am each year. There is a Hocktide (first Sunday after Easter) game at Workington, Cumbria, and July sees 'Reivers Week' at Duns, Borders, where the 'ba' game' is between the married and single men of the town. But the biggest day of the year for folk football in Britain is Shrove Tuesday. Some 50 such local traditions are recorded, although only six survive today.[6]

One of these is at Sedgefield, County Durham, where at 1.00pm, a ball is passed through a small ring, known as the Bull Ring, on the village green. It is then thrown to a baying pack of anything up to 1,000 players. The 500-yard pitch stretches between the two goals - an old duck pond and a stream - and the big match comes complete with its own traditional chant:

"When the pancakes are sated,
Come to the ring and you'll be mated,
There this ball will be upcast,
May this game be better than the last."

This still happens. :lol: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Shrovetide_Football

13 minutes ago, Dazey said:

HAHA, wonderful place England is! Lovely traditions, just load your gut with pancakes and run around in a mass of sweaty sacks for 8 hours. :lol: I mean how can they possibly tell who's on what team? 

From the wiki on its origins: "it is more likely that games such as the Winchelsea Streete Game, reputedly played during the Hundred Years' War with France, were adaptations of an original ball game intended to show contempt for the enemy.[6]" A ball game can show contempt for the enemy?? Awesome! :lol:

EDIT: changed the title up

Transfer deadline day...not sure what to make of Arsenals business, pick up Saliba and then punt him off on loan.  I suppose thats a long term investment.  Everyones very excited about Pepe though I'm more apt to reserve judgement until you actually see the cunt and how well he fits into the team/envoirnment/league.  Apparently they're after sealing the deal on Kieran Tierney before the days out.  And David Luiz too, dunno where the fuck that came from!  Not the worst business we've done though, especially on a reported 40 mil budget.  Got rid of a lot of dead weight which i'm very very VERY happy about.  Fuckin' Jenko and Danny Welbeck and that, fair few others too.  I'd like to see Mustafi fuck off and all, please God.  Ozil too.  I actually like Ozil but like ain't got nothing to do with it, you can like a chocolate digestive but its not always practical.  Not seen this Ceballos kid play his game so fuck knows what he's like.  Koscielny off too after acting like a cunt.  Some of these guys could take a lesson in class from the likes of Aaron Ramsey.

Edited by Len Cnut

Anybody who wants to join this forum's English Premier League fantasy football leagues, have until an hour before the Liverpool v Norwich game on Friday (tomorrow) at 20.00 GMT to be in at the start. 

https://fantasy.premierleague.com

Head to Head (play games each week): code: ox1rse

Classic league (total points over season) code: gsw467

I'll do it, but i warn you i know nothing about the game these days, i'll pick players by random and hope for the best. Who else is playing? @MillionsOfSpiders you like footy, come and make the numbers up :lol:

10 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Come on guys we need more in the fantasy prem only 3 of us in it @janrichmond if your gonna join the yanks league join us too? 

Soul,Len,Diesel,Dazey you lot can make the numbers up.

@SoulMonster @Dazey @DieselDaisy @Len Cnut

• Like 1